Hairline crack at the top of Auraspeed 90K

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by NickifiedNg, Apr 26, 2022.

1. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Planning to try and repair it? Would that be possible??

Attached Files:

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The question is how?

What you need to do is the following:
    1) show this to your stringer and ask him, why the hell he doesn't use a load speader. Cause that is 100% the cause for this damage.
    2) look for a different stringer who does use one
    3) fingers crossed. Chances are that the racket will survive a long time with a hairline crack like that, as long as it doesn't go too deep into the carbon structure. And be a bit careful with higher tensions.

flyingcords likes this.
  3. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Idk I was thinking of just superglueing it

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

You do know that the crack you can actually see is only the paint, right? What will actually cause fatal damage are cracks that are on the inside of the actual carbon structure. And there is no way to get glue into these deeper layers. You can put some super glue right on the crack if that makes you feel better, but it will not be any actual help.

yenyesoh likes this.
  5. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    You might have some success grinding down the cracked area then using epoxy and carbon ribbon to build it back up. It's a pain. It's difficult to get it tight round the holes. It's SO messy. You need about 50 pairs of latex gloves and to redrill the grommet holes.
    I did it once (well, twice) to save a JS10 but ultimately it was better just strung much lower. First go was messy, second go recracked as I ground/sanded it back to stock thickness. It needs the extra bulk imo, but I think the JS10 frame I did was broken through completely, and I had it at 26lb afterwards. If you've got the parts/tools and the patience then it could be worth it?

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

6. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member