Any thoughts on Victor Auraspeed 100X?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Zoap San, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I'm very curious about how the racket feels and perform. Unfortunately, last time I tried I'm still in the middle of changing my swing mechanics also I only have a 20-30 min session (Warm-up + beginner game) with the racket. So I cannot really pinpoint on how the racket really performs. My initial feeling were, Auraspeed 100X is a more stable and more powerful Brave sword 12. Overheads are super easy and drop shots are sharp. Could not judge the smashing power cause my mechanic and timing at the time is wack. Any thoughts on the Victor Auraspeed 100X? in Thailand, this racket is super duper popular at the moment so I'm on edge of buying the racket.

For the side notes my current rackets are
    Jnice Black Panther (3U and 4U)
    Fleet Woven Pro 9900 4U

yenyesoh likes this.
  2. DinB

DinB Regular Member

@Zoap San Did you decide to buy the racket? Any thoughts?

3. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

I would love to know how it plays and performs. The handle and whip seem super interesting!

yenyesoh likes this.
  4. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I bought 2 100Xs now.

1. New version with power ring (I used it for 2 weeks)
    My first thought is it is super easy to play with. Effortless clears (As easy as Brave Sword 12), Good power on smashes and super forgiving on mishits (doesn't vibrate as much so it doesn't hurt your elbow and shoulder). I used to main Jnice Black Panther 4U. Jnice BP was the best racket I've ever used by far but what it's lacking is that killer smashes on perfect hit. 100X have that. I would say, 100X is the racket you think of if Brave Sword 12 and 100ZZ have a baby and you get free core. Thats my thoughts after using it for 2 weeks. Jnice is still a little bit better on front court. But all-round wise, 100X is the best in the market.

2. Ahsan Signature version
    I decided to buy it yesterday since it's very collectible. So I strung it with No.1 Boost to try it out for 1 session the see the difference between the power ring and older version. 1 hour after strung (haven't even swing) the racket broke. So I contact the sales reps to do the claim procedures. They got back to me and said there's no signature racket left so I will get the power ring version in return. I nearly got a mental break down lol. gonna have to wait for 1-2 months now. sorry for a little rant.

Schultzier likes this.
  5. DinB

DinB Regular Member

Woah really sorry to hear about your broken racket. I hope you get a new one soon. In any case, I really appreciate the review.

I think you might appreciate the racket more if you are already playing with a 4U racket. However, as a 3U user (Auraspeed 90s, Astrox 88s), mainly playing doubles, I actually can't stand playing with the 100X 4U at all. I borrowed a friend's racket and played 1 game. It feels hollow and lack of power compared to the 90s. I do feel the upgrade in the technology though, the freecore feels really nice. I am still waiting for the 3U version to be sold in Thailand. I really don't understand why there is only the 4U version in the market.

6. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Unfortunately, most Thai players use 4U rackets. Also 98% of the players plays doubles so they would opt for a lighter racket. I do understand your point of not liking the 4U version tho. The 100X 4U swing weight are 83 which is still considered "Speed" racket so you might feel the racket might be too light and the "numb" feeling of free core will put you off. Depends on players, if you like a more powerful racket, I would suggest looking into Victor TK-F Enchance. I found TK-F Enchance packed alot more power but less speed.

7. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

How does the 100x compare to the 90K?

8. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

90k would be a head heavier version of the 100x

Just think of the 100x as Victor's answer to the Arcsaber 11 pro. And the 90K as the 88D butnstiffer

9. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Interesting pov. I use a 90K and have for years. I've always thought the 88D was always heavier overall and way more head heavy. But maybe it's just how it hits.

10. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

I didn't say the 90k was head heavier than the 88D. But the 90K has like a very solid shaft that vibrates a little too much when hitting IMO

11. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Where does the 98K fit in there? A good in-between or totally different?

12. what07

what07 Regular Member

Recalling back in February when I was swapping to Victor and trying a bunch of Auraspeeds the 98k had one of the slimmest frames, extra stiff and even balance. Never played the 100x partially because I hated the look but just from swinging both the 98K was faster. I guess if you want something stiffer, faster and no freecore then 98k > 100x. If you want something more forgiving but still even balance AS-CY was great.

I'm using AS-PB atm as I wanted something HH but stiffer and faster.

13. Joran

Joran Regular Member

So you're saying 100x is like a bad version of 98k? Dont really think that makes proper sense.

14. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

Ive been thinking of buying the 100x for my gf as a replacement for her 4u Astrox 99 Pro which is too heavy for her. I have read somewhere that the 100x is similar to the 88s pro. Has anyone actually tried this racket and other rackets that you compare it to?

I am very curious how the freecore stuff plays myself to be honest. It would be cool to get one of those handles on a yonex just to see the change :D

15. what07

what07 Regular Member

Why do you think the 100x is better then the 98k?

Besides that the 98k swings faster due to the qualities to me the 98k is better. Swinging them both off court its quite noticeable and they were both within 0.4g weight and like BP of 2mm between the 4 I had. I'm also use to Stiff+ to Extra Stiff rackets so felt comfortable with those even with neutral balance.

I don't have any 100x with the new power ring and freecore cone/cap avaible but maybe when it does arrive I'll give it a try. Maybe it'll change my mind. So far my experience with freecore has only been with the Thrusters series. 100x and HS are on my list once they arrive.

16. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Any pictures of 100x with the powering & freecore?

17. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

How’s the Auraspeed Project Black compared to the other Victors? On paper it has the same stiffness as JS10 and 98k. Is it similar to those or more like 90k? Someone else I asked said it’s easier to use than 90k.

18. pxwee5

pxwee5 Regular Member

Does anyone have a picture of the new 100X with power ring? I've seen quite a few of those dark translucent cap ones in my area which I suspect are the ones that were recalled.