Victor TK F Enhanced 4U vs Yonex Astrox 88D Pro 4U

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Lim Beng Ee, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Lim Beng Ee

Lim Beng Ee New Member

Hi Guys,

I’m contemplating between these two rackets for doubles play. Currently I’m using the Lining N7II and am really enjoying the maneuverability and power of this balanced-slight head heavy beast. Any recommendation is greatly appreciated!

2. Lim Beng Ee

Lim Beng Ee New Member

Hi Guys,

I’m contemplating between these two rackets for doubles play. Currently I’m using the Lining N7II and am really enjoying the maneuverability and power of this balanced-slight head heavy beast. Any recommendation is greatly appreciated!

3. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

The important question is: Why do you want to change the racket and what changes are you looking for in the new racket?

Also the Turbo Charging 70 is a 3u racket, why change to 4u all of a sudden?

ucantseeme likes this.
  4. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

The Victor Thruster FE would be a better replacement IMO. As it'll be quicker to maneuver and doesn't lack in smash aswell. Just look at Praveen Jordan's smashes.

I think the 88D Pro is a little slow due to the longer shaft and head heavy combination.

5. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

A better replacement for the N7ii would be a Bravesword 12 or 88S 3U instead. They would be better overall rackets than the N7II. Bravesword being the super fast mavouring beast, and 88S that's quick for defense and till packing punch

6. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Just like Woesi asked. If you don't have a problem moving your racket at 3U then I wouldn't suggest going 4U since it will sacrifice a lot of power from your shots and you will need a lot of time adjusting to your timing. Unless you got shoulder pain or you get tired easily while playing with 3U rackets.

Might as well go for TK-F 3U version if you don't have any problem playing ur current N7II

If you really want to change to 4U racket then
    I would suggest 88D if you're more of a rear court player (More smashing power)
    I would suggest TK-F if you're an all-round player (Balanced)

7. jctai

jctai Regular Member

Being another dude from Malaysia, I'm guessing that Lim is enjoying the N7II but currently it's hard to find another new N7II to procure. So he's looking for similar rackets to adjust to before his N7II break. Availability issue has been plaguing Malaysia's market lately.

I would recommend Victor's Drive 9x (3u) instead of Thrusther TK-Fe (3u). Because TK-Fe is a headheavier and less aerodynamic racket compared to N7II and 9x. I agree with Woesi and Zoap on not switching to other weight class (4u) so I won't recommend a 4u TK-Fe unless you're planing to adjust into 4u.
    Yonex AX88pro is a very good racket that does everything well, unlike its predecessor AX88 that excels in smashes but not so kind to off-centered shots.
    Li-Ning's Axeforce80 is a good choice too. 3 weight classes to choose from, slight headheavy and very aerodynamic despite being a box frame. I'm quite happy with the smashes I could make with a 4u version of it.

Lim Beng Ee likes this.
  8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Next N7 gen are TC70.
    N9 are TC75.

Lim Beng Ee likes this.
  9. chanji

chanji New Member

I own both 88D pro and TK-F Setiawan, all 4u & string at 26 lbs. I have played 88D pro for 1 year and TK-F just a day (just buy it today as a backup for the 88D), and play double only. Below is my experience:
    - Power: TK-F is better, generate more powerful smash than 88D pro. I really love the TK-F smashes
    - Maneuverabilit: 88D pro is slightly better, not much difference. Both are good enough to me when at front court.
    - Control: I think 88D pro is better, or I'm not much familiar with the TK-F.
    I will spend more time with the TK-F. At the first month with the 88D pro, it doesn't give a good feeling due to very stiff shaft, but after one year, I feel it really good. Hope I will love the TK-F like this.

Khamenman, visor and Lim Beng Ee like this.
  10. Raju

Raju Regular Member

After lot of thinking I went ahead ordered TKF enhanced. I also use 88D pro 4u, compared to 88d pro how does the TKF enhanced shaft feels? Is it more stiff than 88d pro?

11. chanji

chanji New Member

I feel the TKF is less stiff than the 88d pro. Before 88d pro I used to play the 88d original, which I think has shaft stiff similar the with TKF SE.

visor and Raju like this.
  12. Raju

Raju Regular Member

Nice. Thanks for the reply.
    Keep us posted with your full review on TKF enhanced. Very limited English videos and reviews are available on this one. It will help everyone

Lim Beng Ee likes this.
  13. Lancc

Lancc Regular Member

Property
    I have both the 88d pro (4U) and TKF Enhanced (4U). As my play style is backcourt doubles and I love smashing, i find that :-

1) Power - 88d pro generates more power. Borrowed a friend's TKF (3U) and smashes were also not as powerful as 88d pro
    2) Control - Because of TKF's unique handle, find that it absorbs 'shocks' more, as such easier to move the shuttle around more accurately, and nets shots were good too. To improved control for 88d pro, I'm using aerobite boost.
    3) Speed - TKF - Easier to move around and defends great, but not by much also compared to 88d pro.

I'm using 88d pro as my main and TKF as an off day racket, as its for forgiving. So boils down to your play-style.

Baddyman#1, Eskie, TeckzeN and 2 others like this.
  14. Raju

Raju Regular Member

I have both 88D pro and TKF Enhanced in 4U. Both are strung with lining no 1 boost at 27 lbs. I feel 88D pro is more head heavier and smashes are more steep.

TKF enhanced is more of even balanced, swings faster than 88D pro and it's shock absorption is top notch. It doesn't tire my arm even after 4-5hrs of play.

15. Raju

Raju Regular Member

I recently got my TKF enhanced and also have 88D pro both in 4U, strung with lining no 1 boost @27lbs.
    I completely agree with your review. I am really enjoying the shock absorption and it really gently on my arm unlike 88D pro for extended sessions.

Power wise TKF ENHANCED is slightly weaker (or my technique is bad) but not by too much and it's easy to use.

16. TeckzeN

TeckzeN New Member

Im currently using 88d (2019) basically old one lah. I feel its abit too head heavy, slow for me. I can still use it and im fine with it and im planning to get a new, faster racker that doesnt compromise too much of its power compared to 88d. I had many suggestions like the TKFE, axforce80 etc,etc. But I would most likely get 88d pro coz dowan a racket that feel too different la. What is your opinion?

17. TeckzeN

TeckzeN New Member

fine with it at the moment*, been using it for 1 year+

18. Andreas Kihlgren

Andreas Kihlgren Regular Member

I have both 88d and 88dp and they are great for their purpose, for back court doubles players. However, as an all-around doubles player, I now use the TKFE and it's amazing.

TKFE wins on speed and control, and only has slightly less power. I'd recommend it with BG80 any day of the week.

Raju likes this.
  19. Shamwow

Shamwow Regular Member

3u or 4u?

20. Raju

Raju Regular Member

String Tension?