Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Li
    Lining are trying to market themselves as a 'PREMIUM' brand. Something like what Apple been doing to their brand.
    That's why they charge a premium price. But I do say, they are doing a much better job in ways such as the look of their rackets are so much more aesthetically pleasing. And their clothing brand aswell

2. Khun

Khun Regular Member

They have racquets for all wallets. If you look on the Asian market some of those are very very cheap and then there is the more middle range part of the market they also cater for but we mostly know about some of the premium rackets that will reach Europe, Australia and North America.

yenyesoh, xZhongCheng and ucantseeme like this.
  3. markho678

markho678 Regular Member

hello, anyone know the last lining racket in this video?
    the author said it was Lining Implusion 60, but i cant find any info on internet..

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Looks like a fake. Take a look at logo at the T-joint. That's a circle with a line running through.

yenyesoh, markho678 and Khun like this.
  5. Asmo

Asmo Regular Member

I just wanted to mention that there are some Easter sales going on for Li-Ning in Europe. I got a mail from www.li-ning.dk about 40% off with the code "påske40". However it turns out the code only works on the danish language site for some reason, might be a mistake. But you seem to still be able to order to other EU countries from the danish site if you can google translate it or something.

Even better offer on badmintonshoppen.se or badmintonshoppen.dk up to 50% on Li-Ning rackets there. I grabbed a Tectonic 9 for €125 with free shipping. Unfortunately as far as I can tell they only sell to Denmark and Sweden.

I don't know if it's a general Li-Ning or badminton Easter sale going on but might be worth checking your local shops. Could be a danish thing since both the shops I mentioned are based there.

yenyesoh and Khun like this.
  6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Li Ning will sponsor the Chinese youth team.

This will add another dimension of hardship for youngsters trying to break into senior circuit, as they won't have much to say regarding the equipment.

source: https://www.badmintoncn.com/view-24577-1.html

yenyesoh likes this.
  7. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

AXFORCE 80 (3U) / Tectonic 9 (3U) / Tectonic 7C - Review and Comparison
    (Part 1)
    Wanted to share Reviews on these head heavy high-end rackets for quite a while now but always had other stuff coming up. But better late than never, I guess.

Specs:

Since all of these are on the head heavy end, I decided to add the good old Flame N55 and also the rather popular Aeronaut 9000C for reference.

Racket Specs.PNG

There are some discrepancies between the advertised weight on the AXFORCE 80 and the real weight. I did not get a chance to weigh them completely dry, but both should be around 85g which would be ~ the same weight of the Tectonic 7C.

Why did I buy these rackets?

First, the Tectonic 7C. Using the N55 mostly for singles I was looking for something similar which wouldn’t cost 200+ bucks per racket (if you can even find one). Got this one for less than 130€.

Since neither the Aeronaut nor 3D Calibar rackets came close to the N55 in terms of feel, the Tectonic range seemed to be the only viable option at that time.

Second in line was the Tectonic 9. Bought this one because it was available new for less than 130€. Just wanted to try it as there hadn’t been many reviews on this one and sell it in case I didn’t like it.

The last one I bought was the AXFORCE 80. It also came in at less than 130€ per racket.

Two reasons: 1) Used by my favorite player during the Tokyo OG - Chen Long - and 2) supposed to be less stiff than both Tectonics which felt slightly out of my usual comfort zone when it came to stiffness.

Looks:

This is obviously a very subjective topic and will come down to individual preferences.

But I think all 3 rackets look really good, much better in persona and have the usual LN quality when it comes to the paintjob.

Screenshot_20220414-171350_Gallery.jpg

Speed & Handling:

Being head heavy, all three of these rackets were not particularly fast.

The Tectonic 7C and AXF80 are very close in terms of speed.

I would give the edge to the T7C in fast drives and defense as it is slightly stiffer and therefore reacts minimally faster. Both are being helped by the fact that they are borderline 4U with only ~85g of dry weight.

The Tectonic 9 is as fast as a sledgehammer. If you need to quickly move your racket, be prepared to work hard for it!

It doesn’t have the highest BP but you can definitely feel the overall weight and head weight when playing a shot under pressure. Its (for LN standards) very stiff shaft makes fast shots like drives, fast defenses or stick smashes relatively easy but will also tire you out quickly if you are not used to that stiffness.

Wouldn’t recommend any of these for front court players or players who rely on fast counterattacks or like to play mostly flat fast exchanges. The 4U or 5u variants of the AXF80 or T9 would be a better fit here (especially for the latter).

The N55 is similarly slow as the T9 despite being a few grams lighter. This is due to the bulkier frame.
    I do prefer the N55’s handling though as it doesn’t tire your arm out as fast.

The Aeronaut 9000 beats all the rackets in this category despite being almost as heavy as the Tectonic 9. The way it moves through the air is just on another level, no comparison.

Control & Feeling:

Regarding stiffness:

All these rackets are on the stiffer side (for LN standards).

The Tectonic 9 is the stiffest out of the bunch. It reminded me of the N90 II which felt like a hammer.

If I had to rate the stiffness on all three rackets (by LN standards):

Tectonic 9: 5/5

Tectonic 7C: 4/5

AXFORCE 80: 3,5/5

Flame N55: 4/5

Aeronaut 9000C: 3/5

(Bravesword 12: 2 - 2,5/5)

Regarding Control:

Being used to the N55, control was no big issue.

Both the AXF80 and T7C didn’t need much time to adjust. The stiffness on the T7C does give it the slight edge over the AXF80 imo, especially when it comes to backhand shots.

The Tectonic 9 on the other hand took a longer time to adjust to. The weight requires you too prepare for the stroke as early as possible, and the stiffness will punish you if you get lazy.

If you are focused, you will be rewarded by great accuracy on your shots. The stiffness allows you to feel the position of the racket head at pretty much all times without any lagging. If the 4U version has a similarly stiff shaft I believe it would be the perfect mix between handling, control & power.

Regarding Feeling:

I have had some complaints on the feeling of LN’s previous three racket series:

-The Turbo Charging series sacrificed feedback for speed,

-The 3D Calibar series had a more solid feeling than the TC series but still felt somewhat hollow and

-The Aeronaut series had the problem of the Airstream series with a smaller sweet spot and were not particularly user friendly

Based on these factors I was really looking for a solid Box Frame experience on the Tectonic and AXFORCE series.

I was not disappointed: While they do not feel as solid as my good old Z Force 2 did (at least if my memory serves me right) they do provide plenty of feedback and there was no point where I was experiencing a feel of hollowness.

But neither the AXFORCE80 nor the Tectonics felt as solid as my N55. It is hard to judge this objectively since I have used the N55 for such a long time now, but it just feels a tad more solid.

The smaller sweet spot problem of the Airstream/Aeronaut rackets was not apparent.

Screenshot_20220414-171353_Gallery.jpg

#6567 Woesi, Apr 14, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    Bao Tran, what07, boby and 4 others like this.
  8. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

AXFORCE 80 (3U) / Tectonic 9 (3U) / Tectonic 7C - Review and Comparison
    (Part 2)

Power:

Pretty much the category you are looking for when buying a headheavy racket.
    I guess nobody would be surprised if I said that these are powerful rackets...;)

Clears were effortless with the T7C and AXF80, only the T9 did need a bit of adjustment time because of the very stiff shaft which I wasn’t used to.

Now let’s get into Smashing where all 3 of these rackets did not disappoint:

The Tectonic 7C was easy to get used to coming from the N55. The T7C’s slightly lighter weight and faster handling didn’t take much time to get used to and after a while I was hitting like a truck with it. But not as beefy as with the N55 since that one has a bit more mass going for it.

The Tectonic 9 was the hardest one to get used to. I didn’t own a racket that stiff for a very long time (Z Force 2 to be precise although that one was even stiffer) and I didn’t enjoy it in the beginning.
    Everything felt like it needed more work and effort than any racket I had used in the past few years and the results just didn’t feel as rewarding as with a more flexible racket.

After adjusting my timings and reducing lazy wind ups, this is imo the hardest hitting racket LN has right now, beating the Calibar 900C, Tectonic 7C and AXFORCE 80.

The combination of overall weight, head weight and stiffness also allows for extremely precise power play. The downside is that it is not forgiving: Once I started to get tired and/or lazy with my shot preparations I got punished by it as I wasn’t able get into position as fast as I would have needed to play the shot I wanted to.

Continuous smashing did put a lot of strain on my arm and after a few doubles matches I felt rather sore in my arm which once again remembered me of my Z Force 2 (3U) which I used years ago.

Lastly the AXF80: My first session with this one was probably the most fun I had with a new racket. Coming from the N55 and Tectonic 7C I didn’t need to tinker much with timing and did not struggle with precision, power or timing.

It just felt right: Comfortably stiff, better maneuverability than the N55 and with a similar power output.

Fun didn’t last too long as I broke the strings on the first one within 2 hours. Mishit on a full power smash didn’t go well with the fresh LN No1.

But while it lasted it was hitting like a tank. While having a lower head weight than the N55 or T7C the stiffness just fit with my swing style, resulting in some of the best and most fun smashes I had in a while.

Screenshot_20220414-171356_Gallery.jpg

Comparison with other rackets:

To give you an idea of how these rackets compare with other rackets I use/used

Speed/Maneuverability:

BRS 12 (3U) > N9-II = 9000C > T7C >= AXF80 3(U) > N55 > T9 (3U)

Control:

T9 (3U) > N55 >= T7C > AXF80 (3U) > 9000C > N9-II > BRS 12 (3U)

Feeling:

N55 >= 9000C >= T9 (3U) = T7C = AXF80 (3U) > N9-II > BRS 12 (3U)

Power:

T9 (3U) > AXF80 (3U) >= N55 >= T7C > 9000C > N9-II > BRS 12 (3U)

Screenshot_20220414-171346_Gallery.jpg

Conclusion:

Three very good rackets designed for hard hitters.

If I had to choose one, I would go with the AXFORCE 80. This one just felt right from the start and there is nothing I am missing with this. Stiffness and balance are where I like to see them, and it just clicks.

For folks who prefer a bit more stiffness, the Tectonic 7C would be the racket to go with. It is stiff but not overly unforgiving or demanding to use. You do have to give up on some speed but it is nowhere as slow as the Tectonic 9 or N55.

Lastly the Tectonic 9. By no means a racket which is easy to use. Unless you are used to rackets of this stiffness and weight, you are going to have a hard time.

So, who are these rackets for?

In my opinion mainly singles players who want the extra oomph in their game. But I can also see physically fit rear court doubles or mixed players using these rackets.

The AXFORCE 80 and Tectonic 7C are on the lighter side for 3U rackets and therefore can actually be viable in fast flat situations. But you will be happier if you can hit it downwards with these rackets.

Similar story with the Tectonic 9, but this racket is even greater when playing from above the tape. The flatter and faster the game gets, the more uncomfortable you will be with this racket. But once you get a lift, your opponents can practically pick up the shuttle:D

Screenshot_20220414-171358_Gallery.jpg

#6568 Woesi, Apr 14, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Top notch review!!!

10. Ales Berce

Ales Berce New Member

Guys. How would the Turbocharging 75c compare to these (Tectonic or TC7c) ?

yenyesoh likes this.
  11. boby

boby Regular Member

Very good review, and this so helpful for people who's have experiences to use various racket and did the weights distribution measurements.

Currently i adapted well with yonex racket, but i had a good experience when use TC75ex before, if i have a chance to have another newest lining racket on the market. Based on your review, i would like to choose tec9 and ax80 3U. And let my hand adapted well to decide which racket would suit me best.

Bao Tran likes this.
  12. Ales Berce

Ales Berce New Member

I watched this video but does not help me much. I am specifically interested on the difference between Tectonic 9 (and7c) vs. TC75c. I would assume TC9 is stiffer and heavier at almost 90g. The Tc75c has around 87g but much more head heavy with a bit softer shaft. But in practice I never tried them side by side so if anyone did some feedback would be helpful.

yenyesoh likes this.
  13. Khun

Khun Regular Member

if you can read chinese

14. Khun

Khun Regular Member

AX90Max.jpg

ucantseeme likes this.
  15. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Can you share a link of the catalogue or show us a few more pages? I'm looking for a 3-compartments bag. :p

16. Khun

Khun Regular Member

Sorry I lifted that from a FB post specifically aimed at the AX90Max :)

ucantseeme likes this.
  17. deven

deven Regular Member

business
    Buy t9 4u if u want to buy t9 .. t9 4u feels sort of somewhat like 3u , racket has good power with head heavy feel ..
    T9 feels very lively to play with !!
    I have 4u and i had 9000c also n n99 also .. i fell t9 is better than 3u !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Ales Berce

Ales Berce New Member

How was AN9000c ? Flexy ?

19. deven

deven Regular Member

business
    Brilliant Racket !! Flexy yes - brilliant doubles racket !! Mine broke in Clash !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woesi likes this.
  20. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Rather flexy but good speed and power.

It also is quite heavy but doesn't feel that heavy at all