Yonex ALL ENGLAND Open 2022 : R/32 - Final (16-20 March)

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Mar 15, 2022.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    VA is the only European left in the this tournament, said Steen.

The organisers have to do something :D, says yours sincerely.

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Nah, back then I used a dial up connection that was simply not watchable enough for that russian site of BCers :D:D:D:D

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

MS is the most pathetic discipline at the moment.

VA? Hit and miss
    Momota - Unrecognizable
    Shi Yuqi - Banned
    ASG - Moving like Great Khali of WWE
    LS and KV haven't even started properly let alone capable enough of making an era great yet (keyword : yet)
    Lee Zia Jia - Goes AWOL after one good run

These guys would struggle to beat 2015 Jan O Jorgensen consistently by the looks of their movement and their consistency.

skhai91, CLELY, Gigabit and 5 others like this.
  4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

That makes it exciting, we can see an unseeded winner.

otherwise if 1 player dominates the discipline , you d say its the weakest era of the discipline lol.

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

So from AllEngland the weakest sectors is XD and WS. I think XD and WS is at its weakest era where only these players are dominating especially XD.

other sectors are quite fun with upsets etc.

6. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

There is something with that car accident that changed Momota. And then of course, Momota got covid too. Sometimes, players never return to their prime after coming back from an injury, even if they are supposedly injury free. Jan O' Jorgensen was consistently a top 5 MS player, and right before he took time off to heal from a nagging injury, he was arguably a top 3 MS player. Jorgensen had a long break of over a year, and when he returned to play again, I'm not too sure if he even broke top 15 in the world. He was just a different player before and after his injury. I'm not aware that the injury was still affecting Jorgensen after he returned, but Jorgensen couldn't find the same high level of play that he had found before.

Sometimes it's not an injury at all. After winning the WC in 2005, Taufik could not reach his prime again. His play gradually weakened a little but he still hung around the top 5 in the world for the next 6 years. But in those next 6 years, he couldn't reproduce his form between 2004 to 2005. And it wasn't his age, because I think he retired around his late twenties or around thirty years of age. He just couldn't reproduce his 2004/2005 form in his latter years.

This goes to show how remarkable Lin Dan was during his career. Lin Dan was consistently able to stay as #1 for about 8 to 9 years straight. And Lin Dan was able to do this through the tail end of Taufik's prime, all of LCW's prime, and the beginning of Chen Long's prime. Lin Dan's feat may be something that no other player will be able to reproduce for some time in MS's badminton.

Now I don't know what the issue is with Momota. Hopefully, he is fully healed from his injury. And if Momota is fully healed from his injury, maybe it's his mentality and confidence. But whatever it is, Momota had "something" that put him over the top in 2018 to 2020, but he doesn't have that now. I hope Momota finds it back. But with up and coming players like Loh Kean Yew and Lakshya Sen, plus the current veterans like LZJ and Viktor, I'm not so sure it will be that easy for Momota to become #1 again.

Gigabit, Cheung and nokh88 like this.
  7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

SEMIFINAL
    upload_2022-3-19_12-58-43.png

The repeated AE quaterfinal result of Momota-Lee occured last night, an unthinkable piece for reputable player like Momota, trailed badly 17-1 then ended 7-21 in opening game, the bizarre circumstance was reproduced in decider 11-10 to 11-21 to let the Malaysian grabbed 10 consecutive points. The Japanese setbacks really raising concern, regression on his quality of play against top player, formidable defense, crafty touch at front area were practically evaporated. A bad news for his die-hard fans as it seems his fascinating form isn't known yet when it will arrive. Two Indonesians performance have been deteriorated lately to show pathetic display, whether because the effect of COVID-19 or other non-technical reason. Ginting lost meekly to Axelsen while Christie overpowered by 32 years old Chou TC. Meanwhile Lakshya Sen earns semis ticket due to Lu GZ walkover, crowd-pleasing match to watch the prospect of this Indian rising star versus Lee ZJ as most likely the Danish star will await in last round.

Tai TY on her element to demonstrate recognized sublime skill to outclass Okuhara. A precise strategy by World #1 to play faster and aggressive rather than slow-paced long rally that draining stamina. Her clears at back line corner really frustrating the Japanese who unusually became error-proned, her slow-paced and good defense didn't work as it should be in this match. An ideal ensemble cast for semifinal round according to seeding position, top-four ladies singles facing off each other. The Olympic Champion Chen Yufei reserves more energy - following two walkovers en route to last four - will take on Yamaguchi solid wall, whom she lost twice in Sudirman and Uber Final last year.
    • The bright chance is there for INA MD to reclaim glory in All England arena, Minions terrific comeback in first game to reverse the fortune, 15-20 to 24-22 was the key for victory despite Rankireddy/Shetty contributed non stop fight in next game but the momentum had shifted gradually. Then the Daddies vanquish old foes Astrup/Rasmussen followed by the thrilling match that witnessed Fikri/Maulana turned the tide (17-20 to 22-20) to leave World Champions Hoki/Kobayashi in huge disappointment, how on earth that victory slipped through their fingers. Ahsan/Setiawan need perfect formula to beat vigorous He/Tan, it'll be difficult to balance the Chinese speed and power.
    • Colourful landscape in women’s doubles semis, encouraging development than usually finding saturation to see routine contestants on and on. Shida/Matsuyama is the only seeded left and the hot favorite to nail the crown, they avenge three previous defeat to take command, their defense, attacking shot and blocking at the net were fantastic which definitely troubled Kim/Kong. The biggest breakthrough created by Indian duo Jolly/Pullela to go this far, their doggedness toppled Lee/Shin stagnant game and will take on China surprising package Zhang/Zheng to seek historical final spot.
    • Huge favorite Bass/Popor continue winning streak to down Gicquel/Delrue and predicted to quell familiar rival Watanabe/Higashino who had no answer in three previous meetings. The most eye-catching match in XD last eight, the Olympic Champion met arduous test to edge past Jordan/Oktavianti, looks like Wang/Huang not in best shape in terms of speed and accuracy, perhaps Zheng/Huang could beat them once again in this farewell tournament.

8. foodtruckfan

foodtruckfan New Member

#688 foodtruckfan, Mar 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
    stanleyfm, ant01 and Cheung like this.
  9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Car accident and another operation for a missed fractured orbit that was affecting his eyesight.

10. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Currently many new MS players starting to emerge that we could possibly agree that future is going to be fantastic.
    If one or two players keep on dominating the scene, then that would be considered as the weakest.
    Even canadian player is giving asian players a run for their money. That should be called as exciting period.

11. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    With all the new blood coming up Im just glad to have seen my era players turn into legends and achieve their greatest heights.Seeing PVS/CM/Li/Liu win their OLY and WC Medals was and will always be my best moment ever..it were those moments I saw these ordinary players create history by etching their names in the immortal greatness of Badminton and became Extra ordinary legends...who will always be remembered as one of the greatest badminton players.

I had a wish to see SYQ and Fuku/Rota with an Oly Medal too but it seems this dream is still distant and my last hope is Paris 2024.

Good luck to all the new comers for the show must go on !

12. om patel

om patel Regular Member

I understand it will be one court for semi and finals but does bwf tv do youtube streams for the last two days as well or do we only get tv broadcasting last two days ? I ask cause i might need to watch it a few hours later cause of errands i need to run . So i can just rewind the live stream back a few hours and watch.

13. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I dont think BWF will have one entire livestream today for ct 1 like for ct 2 yesterday.
    One thing that was always lacking was the ability to watch live badminton with some delay. If watching a youtube replay the length of the video usually takes away the excitement. Optimal would be to watch a livelike replay together with a BC tread with delayd/syncronised posts to accomodate the delayed livestream.

#693 Sundis, Mar 19, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
  14. ainchekar

ainchekar Regular Member

Has VootSelect stopped LIVE streaming in India?
    Where else can you watch todays semis?

15. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

We've watched enough Wang/Huang v. Zheng/Huang to know that they always give their best. The matches between these two pairs are one of the finest Mixed Doubles one can possibly watch; just trying to destroy each other on the court. I'm not even particularly a fan of them but I appreciate fine badminton when I see one.

stanleyfm and Woesi like this.
  16. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

Is bwf going to release all england QF on youtube, or are they really going to cover the entire QF with low quality court cams?

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Tough chance to rewind Lin-Lee classic rivaly and top quality match, the exceptional talented players can’t emerge in every generation

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  18. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Thank God there's no noise and constant yelling as that would made the match hard to watch. Every point of the women's game is lovely to watch without yelling from the crowd. Not sure what happened to the drums they used to bring, that was the worst!

#698 London_Player, Mar 19, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
  19. backhand_slice_drop

backhand_slice_drop Regular Member

Hey Tai get it together!!

It’s frustrating to watch Tai at times. She literally has the game that can bet anyone and everyone everywhere but gets in her own head sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    This is one of best match to watch along with Sen vs Lee,