Yonex ALL ENGLAND Open 2022 : R/32 - Final (16-20 March)

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Screenshot_20220317-113704_Chrome.jpg Two Legends who have one LEGENDARY Accomplishment in Common which is both of them having 5 WC Medals.

If PVS is the Queen Of Majors then Sir Peter Gade is undoubtedly one of the Kings of Majors along with Sir Lin Dan,Sir LCW,Sir Chen Long.

2. Vestige117

Vestige117 Regular Member

Nothing better than that. Hopefully, we get another Lee-Axelsen finale this time. Momota-Axelsen would be great too, considering Loh Kean Yew already lost.

GoodmintonLover and nokh88 like this.
  3. kurako

kurako Regular Member

It is absolutely crucial for Momota's battered confidence that he wins today's match against Heo.

4. GoodmintonLover

GoodmintonLover Regular Member

Who are you to judge? According to you, only people who stay all day just watching badminton, and not performing basic life processes are badminton lovers. I love badminton and I don't need anyone to tell me whether I do or not..

5. GoodmintonLover

I too hope Momota wins against Heo, today.

6. GoodmintonLover

See, I know I am being too whiny (and I'll stop it after this comment) but isn't it a genuine concern that there will be many semis and quarter matches which would be live when most of the countries where badminton is popular, are sleeping?

7. Vestige117

It's going to be bad for Momota to have another L against Heo. Interesting matchup, just like in Sudirman Cup.

8. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

not all people frickin sleep at 12 and can't stay up to watch a SPORT THAT THEY LIKE. This Tournament is taking place in England where it is quite popular. It is taking pace in a venue. The badminton fanbase stretches around many timezones and it is impossible to place the timings according to ALL countries simultaneously. think before you speak. The timings should be set according to the host country. Also, what "life processes" do you ,miss out on by staying up? breathing? All i get from your comment is that you're either a 10 year old with a curfew or a fricking boomer . Staying up to watch matches if you wanna watch them live is a part of being a sports fan and most people anyways stay up beyond midnight . a minority does not. If you dont want to stay up there are matches on youtube.

It'sMeMeMe, Woesi, nokh88 and 2 others like this.
  9. ChildrenOfBadminton

Critically acclaimed rapper and World class badminton player King Lee Zii Jia is the absolute fav to win the All England :cool:

10. GoodmintonLover

Why are you personally attacking me? Matches are already played from 9:00 am England time. I am not saying to shift the time, but to shift the matches' order.

Something could be worked out.
    • All England can start on Tuesday, like other tournaments, hence, dividing the first round in two days. This way the matches would end earlier.
    • WD matches take a lot of time and delay the schedule a lot. So, either faster shuttles can be used or they can be scheduled later in the day so that more matches are covered earlier.
    • Matches on TV court, court 1, can schedule better matches. Yesterday, 3 WD matches were on court 1 and only 1 WS and 1 XD.
    • Some matches could be arranged according to time zones. For example, more matches including east and south-east Asian countries can be played first, at least the ones which attract a lot of audience from these countries. The matches including Indians, and also some other Asian countries, can be more in the middle. The matches including European and American players can be more in the end. This way, the locals, as well as people in badminton countries, can properly watch live.
    Now, don't tell me that these are not valid points.

extremenanopowe likes this.
  11. ChildrenOfBadminton

so discrimination between different badminton formats is the answer. What about WD fans? should WD coverage be compromised? Using "faster" shuttles will not reduce the match durations enough to be viable . Most tournaments happen in only 3 -4 courts . If the 1st round happens over 2 days even then there will be 14 matches per day which extends past midnight. the reason 1st round was done in a day is because of the availability of more courts. many people like WD, you cannot shut off a whole format like that. As for your last point, you do realize matches take place between 2 players fro different countries and mostly different continents, right? Should asian players only play against asians? So there you go, these aren't valid points for a sports tounrament . BWF needs several improvements and is in a really bad state but the timing of matches is like this for every sport. it is universal and normal, not a problem,unless you're a person who misses out on life processes by staying up late

#111 ChildrenOfBadminton, Mar 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    backhand_slice_drop likes this.
  12. GoodmintonLover

How is it discrimination? WD matches are still watched by fans, they are just shifted to a bit later so that more matches can be covered first.

Ok. Fair enough

It's ok if they go past midnight still but at least would end earlier. If all tournaments start on Tuesday, why can't All England? This is beneficial to players too. I don't know how you can dismiss this point, which I find to be the most valid.

I never said so. You are straight up making up things now.

Are you even reading my comments properly? I know this but there are many matches that are just played between asian and between europeans. Those matches, which attract more Asian audience can be scheduled first.

For example, yesterday, a WD match between Denmark and England was scheduled at around 11:30 am local time. Instead, why not give this slot to asian players' match and shift this European match to a later point. This is beneficial to both locals and Asians.

And you didn't even address my this point:-
    • Matches on TV court, court 1, can schedule better matches. Yesterday, 3 WD matches were on court 1 and only 1 WS and 1 XD.
    Why can't you have civil discussions without attacking me? We both want the good of badminton. Fyi, if people remain awake past midnight for hours on weekdays, how will they wake up early in the morning for work or school or college? You realise that watching badminton is not whole life? People have to wake early in morning at 6 or 7. They can't afford to remain wake till 3 or 4. Just 2 hour sleep would be so harmful. I am sorry but I am not in the minority. The very ardent fans remain awaken at all cost (I do too many times) but most are casual viewers.

I find it weird that instead of having a civil discussion with me (which is the purpose of this forum), you are just using words for me and discrediting my points as if they don't mean anything? Seriously, none of the points are valid concerns?

Let's agree to disagree and end this discussion.

#112 GoodmintonLover, Mar 17, 2022
  13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    AA going to be slayers for Viktor academy players ? Wakaka ;)

14. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

If AA joined to Viktor's academy, he would be red like a book as Viktor by Dubai academy's members.

The same to king Lee Zii Jia, the king was smart enough to not join to Viktor's academy. But I'm not sure about his decide in future.

If king Lee Zii Jia joins to Viktor's academy, his king smashes will become common smashes to promising players in Dubai academy

#114 terrynguyen121988, Mar 17, 2022
  15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I had 3 hours of sleep last night.
    I watched badminton until @1 am when the 2 Tans lost to the English pair. The taller Tan's smashes from the back couldn't kill the shuttle and he failed to do much at the net. Wouldn't go far in any tournament let alone a Super 1000.
    I couldn't keep my eyes open for Miss Sindhu's match and slept halfway but I woke up in short spans to note that our New World Champion has lost, again in 2 consecutive 1st rounds. Very sad.
    Then, I woke up at 5.00 am to watch both soccer matches between Arsenal vs Liverpool (EPL) and Lille vs Chelsea (Champion's League) as the live telecast of the badminton matches have stopped.
    I am awake until now and later this evening, at 7.00 pm the cycle starts again for the next several days.
    Life of a sports fan.

rajat_remar and Cheung like this.
  16. ChildrenOfBadminton

getting so pressed over one sentence that was done as a joke and not to attack anyone.

17. YeoKC

YeoKC New Member

And I thought I was the only mad guy loving both badminton and Arsenal.

Simeon and Cheung like this.
  18. ChildrenOfBadminton

19. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

@kurako

All I care is that he wins against Heo and assertively even if he loses the next match due to fatigue. But he needs to bulldoze Heo like he did to Ginting once

kurako likes this.
  20. Vestige117

Why don't Nishimoto-kun join Axelsen's academy, rather than drying up in Japan? I am sure Axelsen accepts people with Top 50 ranking. Zii Jia Ōsama seems to want to join it too in the future.