YONEX GAINWARD German Open 2022

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by vozer here, Feb 3, 2022.

1. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Thunder VPN (server location United States) is working fine for me. I am able to stream bwf's live stream on YouTube here in India.

2. justforfun

justforfun Regular Member

It is never their concern on whether you can watch multiple matches at the same time or wherever you are, money makes the world go round. If you can't find the matches on your local TV that's only because you haven't paid for a subscription service - whether or not that service provider covers your region in your country is irrelevant to BWF.

Maurice MJC and skhai91 like this.
  3. GoodmintonLover

GoodmintonLover Regular Member

Nope. There's no where in India, no subscription no Tv where I can right now officially watch Kidambi's matches. You think we all are compalining here just for the sake of it? Even for a super 1000 event, we can officially access only 30 % of the matches because BWF doesn't share the other live streams of matches.

4. justforfun

justforfun Regular Member

[​IMG]

And just because Star Sports bought the rights to broadcast German Open doesn't mean that they will broadcast all matches for reasons such as they didn't buy all the matches or they did not think the matches you are interested in are worth broadcasting.

5. GoodmintonLover

A cricket or tennis or football fan can watch whatever match they want at least somewhere. And for badminton, we have to constantly search for unofficial streams online. Where was Sindhu's match streamed today? I have paid for the OTT service which has badminton rights in India but it didn't stream Sindhu's match. No country str
    eamed Sindhu's match today because BWF didn't stream it or let it broadcast.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  6. GoodmintonLover

Are you new to this matter? All news websites write so but it never works lol. This is not a country problem, it's a BWF problem. The live streaming/telecasting is available only for 1 court and that from semis or quarters.

7. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Srikanth again shows his usual self. If he do not speed it up, he will end his career without any big achievements. Sen is already started to come up

8. GoodmintonLover

He plays good and is sometimes very technical but does many unforced errors.

By the way, he has big achievements like being WR 1.

9. Baddyforall

Big achievements does not even count WR1. It's ok but I meant about Olympics. That's the ultimate goal for players

10. GoodmintonLover

Being WR1 is a big achievement. Winning an olympics medal requires one good performance but for ebing WR1 you have to constantly perform good and be consistent.

11. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I will vote for Vittinghus to be the next president of BWF

ah_lim and GoodmintonLover like this.
  12. Baddyforall

In fact, one of Denmark former player headed the BWF. But nothing happened. It depends on the collective approvals from many countries. So, it's the person's pleasing ability to get all the countries on board to accept the agenda is the criteria.

13. GoodmintonLover

TTY knocked out.

Anks likes this.
  14. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    So 2 of 3 reigning Olympic Medalists in WS are out PVS and TYY and that too in second round

I did Watch both PVS and TTY play and in PVS case it went for 3 sets and HYM was definitely playing good and returned everything to PV also getting her at wrong foot multiple times and I felt PVS being PVS in third set just let it go and in TTY's case though TTY tried hard but I feel Takahashi did Play extemely well giving everything back to TTY and at the end AT takes it.

The only Reigning Oly Medalist in the tournament is CYF...Wish both PV and TT best of luck for All England.

Simeon likes this.
  15. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

Srikanth played a good match, but should have closed it in two games... So many errors.

His net play and deceptions are really crisp, at the level of ginting nearly, when he's on form. Very entertaining to watch.

Just watched Sindhu versus the chinese youngster (some highligths on youtube): Sindhu did not play her best, especially in game one (lots and lots of error) but the chinese Zhang played really well, she has very unique style (relies heaving on her backhand and cross-court shorts).

16. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

What a slew of upsets in this first tournament by the way !

Tai Tzu Ying's loss was quite surprising although I have always thought that Takahashi had the potential to be among very best players should she managed to get her errors down, she has such a great left-hander smash, always with a bit of slice which make it very difficult to defend, and most importantly she has the height without the frailness of Ohori

17. Baddyforall

Tai lost to Takahashi!.
    Sayaka is very aggressive player.

18. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Hmm...so PVS TTY and AY are out..Hmm Seems like CYF or ASY may lift the trophy now.

Have to give it to HBJ,she played exceptionally well than what I have seen her performing in the past..Good Luck HBJ...and best of luck AY for AE !

19. cococo

cococo Regular Member

I feel like it might be an all China final for WS...Their other WS players are quite good too(Zhang Yiman,He Bingjiao). But I think Chen Yufei will likely win.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

Anks likes this.
  20. GoodmintonLover