2 knots or 4 knots?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by extremenanopowe, Mar 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Wake up those 4 knotters. Stupid. Cant play well, blame 2 knots

https://fb.watch/by3GBNwvPL/

I have 30 yrs if stringing experience. Call me master stringer lah. Dont be naive on 4 knots. Time changed. You shd change your mindset. Now who wants to learn from me? Come.

kakinami likes this.
  2. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Greetings Master Debator lah. I am one of those stupid people. Is it strange how people like Lee Chong Wei, Lin Dan and others won big tournaments back in the day with 4 knots? Can't be that bad?

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Old stupid no logic mentality. Its physics. Thats why. TBH is at lcw and lindan age btw. ;)

Now the 2 of hardest hitters in the world has said it. Keep it simple, stupid. KISS methodology. ;)

Also 4 knots can break the frame faster coz if tension is high and if one side of string snaps, the other side will buckle.

Just use 2 knots. ;)

kakinami likes this.
  4. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

If you use 2 knots can't the same be said if the string breaks on the side the frame will buckle? With 2 knots you do not have any pressure release in places where collisions occur where as you have a little pressure relief from tension loss from tying a knot? I have no animosity towards you but to call my art stupid is a bit childish. I am not sure how many customers/professionals you have strung for, if you are stringing less than thousands of rackets a year, how many tournaments you have strung at and been asked back to, your opinion has been noted but as a semi amateur stringer, all of my customers disagree with you and enjoy having 4 knots on their rackets. Good luck with your customers.

s_mair and speCulatius like this.
  5. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Ahh I forgot to mention your 30 years of stringing experience! It is an honor to have a debate with someone with such a long era of experience, I personally do not have 30 years of stringing experience, so your knowledge of stringing must be vast, is it ok if I can call you Master Debator lah, i will remove the De. So by your theory if I have been stringing for 30 years can I become a Master like you? How can someone qualify to become a master? Do you need to be able to string while drinking alcohol and be drunk while stringing? I don't think I can become a master debator like you. I look forward to hearing more of your theories on stringing as a master debator.

OxBox and speCulatius like this.
  6. AldrichAxelson

AldrichAxelson Regular Member

Doesnt aerobite strings have to be set up with 4 knot? How about people who want different tensions for mains and crosses, like tennis racket.

My friend had his Maxbolt Black Woven buckle on 7 and 12 during a mishit, and he blame it on 4 knot. But i think thats just factory defect.

If you can provide better pro and cons, non theoritical, but from your experience, youll look more credible

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

kakinami likes this.
  7. boby

boby Regular Member

Three years ago I've got a good conclusion between 2 vs 4 knots from this forum. I don't know for PRO player cases (level A) really need different treatments, or not.

I thought in the video TBH (ex-pro) addressed to beginer/intermediate player (level C, D, E, F) Which have a lower level than them, 2 or 4 knots doesn't much difference, improve skill is more important than improve knots numbers.

This would be a good discussion between pro stringer vs experiences stringer perspectives, I'd hope got more enlightenment from this topic. To avoid more logical fallacy

kakinami likes this.
  8. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

What is the difference between a pro stringer and an experienced stringer? Just curious. What about an average stringer like me? =)

boby likes this.
  9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Every stringer who is doing the mains side to side does disqualify themselves from lecturing anybody else by definiton. Just saying.

And @kakinami and others - don't feed the troll.

#9 s_mair, Mar 5, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    speCulatius and kakinami like this.
  10. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Wow! Since you talked about the video I just decided to watch it. Come on now! The dude claims to be a master sifu racket stringer with 30 years of stringing experience and a video to prove of his master debator ( minus the de) stringing techniques. I was not quite sure how much I could buy into his professionalism but I can see by his stringing techniques, he is well more informed and technical than I am. Sorry @s_mair I have to believe this guy more than you in technical aspects.

So to the master sifu debator, I saw your awesome video and noticed you start on the outside going to the other outside, how does this differ from other stringers who I usually see start in the middle and go outwards? I noticed your machine still pulls tension as you are clamping and you pull 2 mains at 1 time, do you find that as a time saving technique or is there a special reason you have full tension on the second main and less than full tension on the first main, because of the friction against the first main, it is hard to imagine you can get the full tension on the first main. Do you recommend a 2 point mounting system over a 6 point mounting system or is that all garbage too, not necessary part of your K.I.S.S. stringing methods. I am to myself an average stringer wanting to gain more knowledge in the stringing industry, since you are a sifu ( master self proclaimed) how does one become a master like yourself? Thanks for the video, maybe like @s_mair found it entertaining. Arigato!

speCulatius and s_mair like this.
  11. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Out of curiosity Master sifu I noticed you strung the racket with 19 crosses instead of 21 crosses, does missing 2 crosses make a difference on the racket?
    Arigato!!

speCulatius likes this.
  12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That’s what they call an epic spanking I guess. Ouch.

Bottle., speCulatius and kakinami like this.
  13. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I like spankings, receiving, not giving!

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hey, whatever floats your boat, mate.

kakinami likes this.
  15. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Bottle., kaffars, kwun and 2 others like this.
  16. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Come on man! Give this Master/Sifu a break! 30 years of stringing experience stringing left to right, double pulling mains and crosses, doing 19 crosses instead of 21, his machine is still pulling tension as he clamps his string on a 2 point machine?!! What is so bad about his stringing process?!!! Give him a break!!!!

thyrif, s_mair and speCulatius like this.
  17. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Wow, I didn't know we could pull the string like that :eek:
    Should I try surrounding my string around my wise2086? :rolleyes:

kakinami likes this.
  18. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Master sifu is well ahead of us peasants, that much is clear.

Tell me, should we call you sifu dunning or sifu kruger?

speCulatius and kakinami like this.
  19. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I am thinking of trying to wrap the string around my diablo 5 times to see if I can make my string coil and harder to work with just like this master sifu to train myself to become a better stringer like him. I believe this is his test to show stringers how to become master sifu's like him!

akatsuki2104 likes this.
  20. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I agree, ahead of his time as a master. I think proper Sifu is "Sifu Dondodis"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.