Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist

No I see it to...or is just the colour way/design being slightly similar to both iterations of the JS10s that is fooling me?:confused:

s_mair likes this.
  2. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    How many holes did you notice !!

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Is that 70? So simply copying the new Yonex pattern? Wow, how creative.

4. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yep, looks like 68 or 72 I didn't count. Yonex was able to convince people to believe that 80 holes is the best and then down to 68 holes :confused: that is real creativity ;).

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

It all comes down to the uneven string density which Yonex introduced with those new rackets. That allowed to reduce the number of holes while still keeping the cross strings as straight as possible. And less holes inevitably means a more stabile frame construction which is a clear plus.

Woesi and Sumanth99 like this.
  6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I simply didn't get it, why people want to use a specific brand, if their better options come from a different brand. Now you answered after a few postings my initial question between the lines. IMO this was a legit question because I came across the phenomen quite often that people use an extreme racket from Yonex and look for the same from a different brand. I don't get the motivation if you find your gem from brand x to wish this gem from brand y. I didn't said that you bash anything. Simply never got and will never get the motivation to switch a brand and wish something which don't exist, if this is still realistic and available from a different brand. Now I can understand that you appreciate the quality and that you are a collector. I simply can't empathize the collector ambitions, because I use the racket which is available for a long time, easy to get here and buy it several times, run out of it, look for the new best option and continue. There was no reason to get personal and the whole fight was unnecessary. I had asked you my question more clear if you hadn't taken my quote of woesi as a sublimal side cut for you. I attacked you not from nowhere. You have seen an attack in a post which initial didn't quoted you. And that you sell something is for me a must to like it if it means money.

7. Sanjer

Sanjer New Member

Yesterday had the first session with my 5U AX Force 80 and in absolute love with the racquet. Strung the racquet myself with Exbolt 63 @ 26 pounds (started a badminton stringing business a couple of weeks back :)). Smashes were flying off the racquet and I’m not even a big hitter. Need to have few more sessions for a detailed review but felt like it’s quite forgiving. Will try to upload some pics later today.

8. Bakamaru

Bakamaru New Member

The blue AXF90 looks gorgeous.

Any educated guesses on how the specs will differ between AXF90 and AXF80?

The two things making me hesitant to buy the AXF80 are the ugly text decoration and lack of proper reviews so far.

Don’t know if I can resist until the second half of the year though.

9. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Would you mind sharing the balance point, overall weight and head weight of your 5u model?

10. Coldzero004

Coldzero004 New Member

Probably stiffer with ultra slim shaft to compete with the 100zz. I own the Axforce 80 in 4U and it’s too light to my liking. Smashes feel a bit hollow, sometimes I can’t even feel the frame even though it’s marketed as head heavy.

Bakamaru likes this.
  11. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    100zz with extra long wood, solid (i.e dense) shaft means it is hard to feel frame of the racket.

Curious if AXForce 90 can do this without solid shaft, extra long wood.

12. Sanjer

Sanjer New Member

The balance point is towards the head. I play with very thin grips (cushion wrap + overgrip), so the balance point remains true to manufacturing specs.

It's the 5U version. Super light. 79grm +/-

A head-heavy racquet no doubt. My current go-to racquet is 3d calibar 900i and Axforce definitely packs more punch

13. Sanjer

Sanjer New Member

Always find it interesting how the same racquet can have such polarising reviews. Guess a lot depends on your skills and play style. I'm an intermediate player and certainly no Hulk :D. So don't have the skills nor the strength to play with a 3U racquet. I moved to 5U racquets last year after persistent elbow/shoulder injuries. Guess the effect of being on the wrong side 30!!

Been using 3d calibar 900i for over a year now. It does struggle from the backcourt especially when I get pushed back real deep, but as soon as you step into the midcourt/net area, it has a clear advantage over most racquets. From my limited experience with Axforce, found it more dominating than the 900i around the back/mid court area.

14. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Me and my wallet can't believe I ordered 2 of these...

This rackets looks much better in person, the combination between matte black/grey and some glossy accents looks really nice.

I have to admit that the AXFORCE letters do look like a copy and paste from Yonex' Astrox series but the AXF80's paintjob imo looks way better than any of the Astrox rackets.

Some measurements (with LN No1 and plastic wrap still applied) and pics:
    AXF80 - 1 (3U/G5)
    Weight: 91,8g
    BP: 311mm
    Headweight: 42,1

AXF80 - 2 (3U/G5)
    Weight: 92,8g
    BP: 311mm
    Headweight: 42,4

Attached Files:

#6515 Woesi, Jan 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  15. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

Attached Files:

Khun, Bakamaru and Woesi like this.
  16. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Looks like a short shaft like 100zz.

Beautiful paint,
    less no of holes,
    probably not a solid shaft (not a fan of that),
    probably faster (looks like a rounder frame compared pure box of 100zz),
    Classic LN durability and quality.

May be more pics will come out this week, may be Li Ning will show these off at Q1 meet up and that may happen this week. We may also see N61 string.

Woesi likes this.
  17. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Funny how opinions can vary, imo this is the worst looking LN highend ("flagship") racket I have seen in quite some time:confused:

The combination of lightning and flames on the head looks kinda cheap and are more like what I would expect from Yonex tbh.

But then again, the AXF80 looks significantly better in person than on pics and it may be the same story...

deven, Samuel Thea and Bakamaru like this.
  18. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I wasn't much impressed when I first saw N80 II on photos, but it looks gorgeous in person. Tbh I like this one much better than when I saw N80 II in photos, shaft looks super cool.

They've replaced logo on the cap with words, not a fan of that.

19. markho678

markho678 Regular Member

what do u mean less number of hole? are u mean grommet?