List of all victor rackets with sinking grommet issues, or other durability issues

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ChocoChipWaffle, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Chiranjib Abinash

Chiranjib Abinash Regular Member

Bro, one last question, out of this and vzf-2, which one would you suggest ? (VZF-2 4U)
    I aim to be a better player, grow everyday, learn something from everyone I play with.
    I may not be aiming to be national/international player but I want to be the best. No casual.

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I personally think it only make sense when a picture of proof is uploaded. Otherwise we will turn the thread quickly into a discussion "mine is fine". Also important to state the tension history of the racket and age. I had a MX80OC which never saw something over 28 and sinks. I also had 2 x BS10 sinking but clearly above 30lbs so no candidate for a report. I also have 2 x SW35. One is the baddest sinking you well ever find, but at 34lbs also no candidate to report. Also counting in the age I think it should be clearly stated during which time of usage it sinks.

3. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

I highly recommend you not play doubles with tk 9000 3u. Nanoray 900 is probably better suited for doubles.

Chiranjib Abinash likes this.
  4. Chiranjib Abinash

Chiranjib Abinash Regular Member

Thanks ☺️

5. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

Isn't there any strong grommets we can buy to prevent these sinking grommet sinking issues?

6. Thang Nghiem

Thang Nghiem Regular Member

Not really...I even replaced 2 individual grommets with a connected pair and the frame still sunk quite a bit. Here's my JS10.

Attached Files:

7. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

I notice this sinking issue only happen to the JS10Q not the original SJ10 Blue. Can anyone confirm, please?

8. Thang Nghiem

There are reports of it happening to the original JS10 too. You can probably find that elsewhere in this forum.

yenyesoh and Woesi like this.
  9. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

So sad, JS10 is my favorite racket. Do you know any other racket with a same feel and doesn't have the sinking issue?

10. Thang Nghiem

I would say the closest thing is Nanoflare 800. Next closest would be the Auraspeed 98K. They both have fairly stiff shaft like JS10 (98K is probably a tad stiffer). The NF800 has a small frame like JS10. 98K has a regular frame, so it's going to feel a bit different from the JS10.

Vincent604, Woesi and s6edge like this.
  11. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

Btw, my friend has a BS11 3U at 30lb and it doesn't have sinking issue. I think the Victor 3U versions doesn't have this issue.

12. Thang Nghiem

Ya that’s plausible. There’s more material/strength in the frame with a 3U. I think I’ve heard this happening to 3Us too. And not just Victor. Yonex have their share of this issues with Arcsabers 10/11 and a number of other rackets too (3U, they didn’t make 4U for these).

13. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Did the Bravesword 11 even have that sinking issue?

If I remember correctly, only JS10/JS10Q and JS12 had that sinking issue (at lower tensions at least) and users reported this happening with both 3u and 4u

14. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

Braveswords don't have sinking

s6edge likes this.
  15. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

What can a stinger do to prevent as much as possible that sinkinig issue and what could cause that apart from the racket itself?

16. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Grommet maintenance mostly. For problematic rackets they may have grommet strips or the big T grommets to spread as much pressure as possible, but I wouldn't expect this as normal service.

I do grommet care for free, so I won't spend lots on those special grommets, but I've got the rubber spreader thing (not sure how much it does) and rotate/replace grommets regularly.

Saying that never really going to save you from catastrophic frame failure like some of the pics posted here, unless you preemptively put strips/T grommets in. If you ask me, not worth the trouble.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

17. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

I am fairly new to stringing (around 50 rackets) and I haven't had to string Victor's rackets so no sinking issue so far.
    So checking the grommets and rotate them are probably the best we can do then, thanks for the info

18. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

I agree with @Rimano. If you don't string yourself, you can ask your stringer of he has some of those "special" grommets, but expect to pay extra. If you string yourself, I'd say: buy some of that stuff. For the rest you can only keep replacing split grommets and frequently rotate them. You can also buy some stronger grommets, like from Li-Ning. They seem to be a bit stronger and longer lasting.

I also do grommet replacement for free, as long it is not the whole racket. I won't use those special grommets for others. Only for myself. I bought a bunch of U-, T-, L-grommets and grommet strips at e78 shop to put on all of my rackets where possible. It won't save your racket if the frame is weak, but I'm sure it will help a little bit, and all bits help. I just have to (stringing at 32 lbs and changing to AB/ABBT). It won't have any negative effect and is not much of a hassle to put it on. I put the Yonex AC416W (1, 2 and 3) at B5-6 and even at 10 and 2 o'clock positions if it fits. Else I will use the big L- or T-grommets.

In the past I also used to use those rubber spreaders. I don't think they help much, if any at all. I do know that if you use quite some on a racket, that it dulls the feeling very much. New stringjob feels like it's dead.

And if you are already experiencing frame cutting like in the picture of @Thang Nghiem than you can try this trick. I had a crack at 12 o'clock on the inside of the frame on my old MP99 (different crack. not from grommet to grommet, but in the middle from side to side). I could even string it 3 or 4 times at 32 lbs before the frame collapsed.

Attached Files:

akatsuki2104 likes this.
  19. Potato420dr

Potato420dr Regular Member

Student
    The new arc11 pro/tour/play rackets don't have grommet sink, do they? I hear horror stories about arc11 having grommet sink, and am wondering about the new series.

yenyesoh likes this.