YONEX EXBOLT 0.63mm

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Vivek Bagadhi, Jan 7, 2021.

1. SgtGains

SgtGains Regular Member

Thanks Precrime! I was actually going to message you to ask for your in depth review!

I've been using it for the last 15 hours of play and have really enjoyed it. Smash defence lift has been effortless. My smashes sound excellent and appear to be powerful. I am toiling with the idea of buying a reel but just waiting to see how often i should replace it. The last session I had wasn't feeling as crisp but that could also just be fatigue and poor technique on my end.

it's strung in a 3U 100zz at 26.

precrime3 likes this.
  2. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    Haha very similar to me. I am using 3U 100zz at 25! So yeah, I'll ping you when my video review is out, as i think would be very helpful for you!

3. SgtGains

SgtGains Regular Member

Just to add, we all know BG66UM is only good for one session (a little facetious). Just seeing whether EB63 falls in the same category or is a little better on the wallet.

I'm an aggressive smash heavy player predominantly rear court doubles.
    Thank you

4. SgtGains

SgtGains Regular Member

Haha great - look forward to it.

5. SgtGains

SgtGains Regular Member

How's that video looking! Any conclusions yet? I tried out Li-ning number 1 - i do love its power and sound - however its so slippery that by net game has gone out the window.

Durability is better than Ex-Bolt but that's about it.

6. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    BG80 mains, LN1 crosses. Go!

(Thanks again @Charlie-SWUK for finding this one)

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

7. visor

visor Regular Member

And if you like even thinner strings, GT5 mains, ZM62Fire crosses.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

8. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    I like this hybrid and the durability surprised me. It lasts so long.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

visor likes this.
  9. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    I actually just filmed a 100zz review first! Will get to work on an exbolt video now haha

10. iamnobanker

iamnobanker New Member

notice in your latest video you increase from 25 to 26 lb "Racket: 100zz Exbolt 63 @ 26 pounds" was it because the durability was pretty good so you increase? you say got it from online store joybadminton?

11. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    Nah more like technique was better and I wanted more control and a higher skill ceiling for slightly more power. Durability has been fine, haven't had string break on me yet

12. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
  13. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

So I bought exbolt 63 a while back and was reluctant to use them as I've been a loyal Nanogy 98 user for a while. I've also never had luck with hard strings. I just love the banana smashing feel you get with soft strings.

Well, let me tell you, I was dead wrong. These strings are the best. I feel like my smashes are more powerful, my slices have more control, my back hand clears are effortless. The only drawback is that not hitting the sweet spot feels like crap, but that's a small price to pay when you can smash and slice better.

#53 MarketWizard, Nov 5, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  14. Spingo80

Spingo80 Regular Member

I absolutely love this string. I ordered a set and strung my old vt80 at 28 lb. usually use nanogy, which i also really like but this string tops anything I’ve tried ( and as i string, I’ve tried them all!)
    Great control and power. I will definitely be buying a 200m reel. Not sure on the durability yet as I’ve only played 4 hours. Highly recommend trying this out

15. Ales Berce

Ales Berce New Member

I am a stringer. Tried almost all the strings out there. Normally string bg66um for my sons 4 rackets (which he rotates) and usually needed to restring on average 1 racket per weeks. All 4 rackets now stringed with Exbolt63 7 weeks ago and still not breaking/ not showing any fraying att all. Training/matches on average 10-14 hours/week. Exbolt63 has proved as amazingly durable so far.

StanDa1, Cheung, biborinho and 3 others like this.
  16. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

I stringed about 10 Rackets for Players i know very well since November 2021. Ist a bit early for a full conclusion, but my opinion actually ist the same. Durability seems like really good.

But can someone confirm that the String ist 0,63mm thick? Some people wrote its thicker.

yenyesoh likes this.
  17. Izzul

Izzul New Member

This string is great its slightly better than ultimax but ultimax's sound is way far better the this string is not suitable for beginner and about the tension loss after 2 weeks it became very dull so its better to do pre stretch 15-20%

18. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

Not many know where you got this from lol

19. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    After having this for a year and not using it curiosity got the better of me. I am a die hard Aerobite fan because of the feel and control I get off my shots. I dont have much power in my smashes so I rely more on control and accuracy in my game.

Been using Aerobite for a year before the COVID pandemic hit and using it after I started playing again. I recently broke one set of Aerobite on my LN Aeronaut 9000C. I decided to give the Exbolt 63 a try. In my past experience, after using Aerobite, every other string felt weird to me.

The Exbolt 63 however was different. Maybe its because I haven't played much since 2020, but the first hit with the Exbolt 63 @27 lb, the clears felt so satisfying. No joke, this string gives crazy repulsion. I tried some other shots as well and they all felt pretty good. Personally though, I still prefer the Aerobite for controlled shots. This string is a great alternative for those looking for lots of repulsion. IMO, Exbolt 63 easily blows the BG 66UM and BG80 out of the water when it comes to repulsion. I've only had one session with them so I cant comment on its durability.

20. giggle

giggle Regular Member

Fort ;)