Victor 2020 New Products

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

98k 3u is really on the heavier side, out of three rackets two are at 91g and other one is 92.5g (with strings and original grip) and head weight is higher for the 98k (a bit more than 40g), since 90k 3u is lighter by 2-3g (head weight is around 39g), thus my experience match to the specs better power due to higher swing weight and increased speed, but difference is really not big. and you have be able to bend its shaft :)

Dave1011 likes this.
  2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Thats strange, I must have had a light 98k and heavy 90k :D

hm_andhika likes this.
  3. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

were they both 3u? :) but yea it could be manuf. variance actually, and baring in mind that differences are really small actually

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Yeah both 3u, Victor are known to have larger variations in weight sometimes which is a shame.

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

my TK770 had the extreme spec for most of it spec.
    The heaviest 3U. 99gr after string + overgrip. My other 3U Lining are just 95gr & AVP 94gr with the same setup.
    Also the head heaviest i think. Mine are 304BP.
    Really really giant axe Stormbreaker of Thor.

6. justforfun

justforfun Regular Member

Anders Antonsen leaked the TK Ryuga II on his vlog today, unfortunately I cannot find any other information elsewhere.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

#406 justforfun, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  7. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The new Victor "Kung Fu..." o_O Gotta love Victor's names.

Shamwow, Dave1011 and Woesi like this.
  8. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

Is the difference in rigidity between the ARS 90k 3u and the ARS 70k 3u significant? The ARS 90k is very good but a little too rigid for me and for the ARS 70k have found everything and its opposite on its rigidity sometimes extra rigid as soon as rigid and sometimes semi-rigid. I'm interested if it's less rigid than the ARS 90 K 3u

9. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

i have 90k 4u and 70k 3u original, but both are around the same 85ish 3.5U weight so I'll give you a comparison. 90k feels less stiff due to it having more hold feel at the head, but it's head heavier. For some reason though, the shaft feels whppier on the 70k. The amount of strength required to hit a hard smash (that makes use of the shaft) is less on the 70k, so in that sense you may be suited to the 70k

10. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

Thank you for the answer, it's precisely on the smash that I have a problem for the rest. It's very good, I like its control, the same racket in a little less rigid is perfect.
    How do you find it the 70k compared to the 90k?

#410 beno22, Nov 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  11. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I've got 90K 4U and had the 70K in 3U (stiffer version) too. Feel like it's the opposite. 90K was easier to use for me.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

ucantseeme likes this.
  12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    According to Victors specs the 70K is 9/10 stiffness, while the 90K is 8/10 stiffness, so you are right. :)

13. ChocoChipWaffle

I think the 70k might have a stiffer shaft on sheet, but it really doesn't feel nowhere near a 9/10 stiff racket. If 90k is a slightly head heavy racket with slightly above average holding feel, I'd say 70k plays like a 90k except it's even balanced, and doesn't hold the shuttle.

On paper the 70k should be too stiff and too head light for me while the 90k should be the perfect racket, but in reality I just play better with the 70k hence the reason I mained it.

14. Budi

Budi Regular Member

this is why finding a perfect racket for someone never be an easy task.
    Others review are just like a pinch of salt that mean so little actually.

15. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

That and sometimes manufacturing differences might make a big enough difference. Still remember my jetspeed 8st that was super head heavy...

Anyway just to add a bit more detail, my 70K was probably top end 3U, so I probably had some weight differences. Might be an option to opt for a 4U 90K, if that's not been considered.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

yenyesoh likes this.
  16. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

For the rigidity the opinions on the ARS 70k 3u are often different. I hope it is less rigid than the ARS 90K 3U because it is my limit, the JS 12M 3u for me was good. I imagine the 70K 3u is maneuverable, but what about power, is it a powerful racquet? (like the JS12m 3u)

17. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

According to badminton guides the ARS 70 k 3u to a rigidity at 8.5 the ARS 90 k 3u 8.2 and the JS12 also at 8.5 so the ARS 70k would be like the JS12 that I know well but is it also powerful ?

18. ChocoChipWaffle

Depends on how powerful you want your racket. For some people bs12 is powerful enough even though the power is probably a 7/10, whereas for others even an arc11 isn't powerful enough even though it's more powerful than bs12.

For me personally, a backcourt player with a power game, it has enough power for me to kill people from the back with just power. I'll hit slightly harder with a 90k but honestly to the naked eye and even opponents, they probably couldn't tell a difference. It's one of those minuscule differences only the player knows. If you can hit bombs with 90k you can hit bombs with 70k. 70k is definitely not like a bs12 where you can feel the racket holding you back from using your full smash.

19. phantan123

phantan123 Regular Member

During the current times, a local shop near me is doing a huge discount on many Victor rackets and the deals were just too irresistable to look away so copping a Victor racket is basically a done deal for me at this point. The models im eyeing at are the ARS 90K, JS12M/F and possibly ARS 70K. I came from a 4u 88D and its still serving me well and i noticed that Victor rackets are much speedier so all those models above i will buy in 3u or if you guys feel otherwise would be better. The question here is which one would feel most similar in performance to the 88D,i know buying a 3u wouldnt be a fair comparison but the speedier frame of the Victors would counteract that. Which of these are around the same head weight/HHness(less is fine) while being similarly stiff(also less is fine). Thanks in advance

P.S the 90S is also available but looking at everyone else's 90S breaking/sinking fairly easily made me discouraged.

20. ChocoChipWaffle

90k 3u

phantan123 likes this.