SimInvest Indonesia Open 2021(New dates) - 11/23/2021 to 11/28/2021- WT Super 1000

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by nokh88, Nov 22, 2021.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Both Loh Kean Yew and Yeo Jia Min will rise up in the ranking table next week. Jia Min will surge to the top 16; while Kean Yew is inching closer to the top 20.

2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Even I smiled after learning what I wrote.

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well done Loh Kean Yew for another giant-killing performance by beating Momota 21-7, 17-21 and 21-19.

WhiteStringJunkie and Sumanth99 like this.
  4. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Loh has skills and calm, he will be go far in future

5. Baddyforall

How I wish prannoy play Axelsen than Srikanth. Srikanth dont have patience which prannoy has tons of it. But lost to srikanth yesterday.

#205 Baddyforall, Nov 25, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  6. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Definitely. Also keep in mind that these are players that have been struggling with ongoing or severe injuries:

FuHF has had struggles with both his knees over a big portion of his careerand had to deal with the pain (similarly to GLY) while being such a hard worker from the back of the court.
    If he hadn't told his stories in interviews, probably nobody would have realized the problems he had (and I still think most people don't know about this).
    Also huge respect to Mogensen, dude came back after dealing with a brain aneurysm and managed to play many years at the top level after that.

Justin L and WhiteStringJunkie like this.
  7. Lucan

Lucan Regular Member

Unfortunate to see CTC lose. His IO 2019 win was quite epic and seemed meaningful for him.

Gregoria was this close to end her R1-R2 run but alas. I usually don’t watch her matches much but I like her performance today. Maybe next time, Jorji.

The Minions were using their remaining energy and totally out of breath (Marcus admitted it to Herry IP during interval). Pretty good win despite their errors but I wouldn’t mind if they lose the next match (I think it’s highly, highly possible, considering). They’re far from their good condition and really, really need some quality rest.

Yet to see their match but congrats Ong/Teo, always nice to see professional players get good results. This Bali leg is expensive, can’t imagine how hard it is for independent players. Also congrats for Goh/Izzuddin.

I can understand if people are saying that Lee/Wang and GreyAp aren’t ‘special’ and the weakest 2020 Olympic winners. They basically were dark horses and their many of their opponents aren’t in peak condition. But they perform well there with the right mindset on the right moment.

I already knew that GreyAp wouldn’t be improve to be monstrous suddenly after OG and this pair will be ended after Polii retired. But I genuinely thought then that Lee/Wang would keep improving and keep kicking butt immediately after OG. They’re young enough, fast and strong. And working so hard tirelessly and managed to defeat many good pairs.

They yet to prove their consistency to maintain their previous amazing run. Some are saying that they’re saving their energy for WTF/BWC but after it happened multiple times (means not because of unsuitable hall), something is indeed off with them and definitely not because of exhaustion nor preserving energy (I hope it’s not some hidden injury). Maybe other pairs are started to heat up their engine after the long period without tournament, I don't know.

If they meet, FajRi could replicate their success against Hoki-Kobayashi in the FO. Hoki stated today that he’s so tired. The situation is the same, fresher FajRi with Hoki-Kobayashi who played until the previous final.

From excerpts that I’ve seen, Momota is so exhausted. Rest well, Kento and congrats to LKY.

Gacon1234star likes this.
  8. mohans

mohans Regular Member

C’mon cut that man some slack. LKY, who would have played half as much as him in the last 6-7 weeks, looked equally tired, and barely managed to score a win against him. That speaks volumes of this man’s physicality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samkool, Shamwow and Svyat like this.
  9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

None of them lasts for 10 years. Fu did play till 2016 but he has breaks in between while LYD decide to end his WR1 career in 2016.

10. Svyat

Svyat Regular Member

Software Developer
    Exactly. Winning two tournaments in two weeks is hell of a job. Nothing special happened. KM is on right track.

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Did Rankireddy looked gas in the end too? Surely the most tiring tournaments not just because of the shuttle and hall but also the timing of these tournaments. Its like at the backend of 6-7 tours in a row with only 1 week break. Remember top players also play in SC & TC.

I can only fraid seeing schedule of next year tournaments as well! You can see after IM and IO is 1 week break and then its MM and MO or something like that. so thats 4SS tournaments in 5 weeks (many situations will be like this), you see if players can play, they will not skip these tournaments.

Its definitely the best way to get people injured and dont even talk about playing 2 disciplines (otherwise Yuta will have easily won last week). I think Minions going for 4th Finals in 5 weeks is unbelievable. Maybe ASY/ AY/ DechSapsiree can do that as well but WS and XD sector is so much weaker now so its easier to do than MD.

so I’d say nx year is dangerous year. Consistency will be hard to find and out of the window!

12. Baddyforall

Oh no. Sai praneeth vs Viktor Axelsen tomorrow. Lazy Penguin will be fried live. God, save the penguin

13. Baddyforall

Denmark MS players are doing well in this tournament. One player in each 4 quadrant in the quarterfinals.

14. Baddyforall

Now the points for WTF is as follows.
    1. Victor Axelsen (automatically qualified)
    2. LZJ - 39620 ( Q)
    3. Kidambi Srikanth- 39310 (Q)
    4. Toma popov junior 33750 (Q)
    5. Lakshya Sen 32860 (Q)
    6. Momota 32600 (Q)
    7. Kunlavut 32550 (Q)
    8. Rasmus Gemke - playing
    9. Anders antonsen - playing.
    Only one can qualify , either Rasmus or Anders.
    If both of them lose tomorrow, Rasmus will go. or Even if both of them moved to semifinals, only one can go. Then the position of Kunlavut will change. That's all.
    Momota is qualified

Just now calculated.

15. James blake

James blake Regular Member

Just noticed kim gi jung and king sa rang are playing in the Scottish open (international challenge) this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wade and ant01 like this.
  16. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Why are some of the matches unlisted? Like Aya Ohori vs Pusarla V. Sindhu? Matsuyama/Shida vs Supajirakul/Taerattanachai?

17. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Yes but he used to be able to rack up tournaments - ok not 2-3 tournaments but at least 2 :(

18. Head Heavy

Head Heavy Regular Member

This is not correct.
    LKY had 20840 points before this tournament.
    If he wins, he will get 12000 points that is 32840, overtaking Momota.

Quentin11 likes this.
  19. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

@Head Heavy

Hit us with some of your stats - like tournaments close to each other which Momota won or something. He should have something like this in 2019.

20. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I knew you would know these stuff. I said that in another tournament's thread. Where is @Head Heavy!