DAIHATSU Indonesia Masters 2021 Nov 16 to Nov 21 WT Super 750

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by samkool, Nov 15, 2021.

1. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Here is what BWF quoted him saying-

“I played well at the Swiss Open earlier this year, then I didn’t play for a while and couldn’t do well at the Sudirman Cup or the Thomas Cup but I’m starting to see my progress from the Denmark Open,” said the former world No.1”

Even though I could sense he regained his older form to some extent, I’m afraid this was assisted by injuries/fatigue plaguing the current MS field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kurako likes this.
  2. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    He probably got time to work on his game, got some match practice in Sud/Thom Cups.

kurako likes this.
  3. James blake

James blake Regular Member

I love how ko/eom are the furtherest korean XD pair in this tourney.

Really hope ko/shin/eom all play competitively on bwf for atleast 1 or 2 more years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. durmogati

durmogati New Member

Enggak lah. Mereka nyolot duluan. Yaudah lah. Kita selesaikan

not at all. they provoke first. ok then. we finish it

5. durmogati

durmogati New Member

if yuta/endo do the same, he will do the same. it has nothing to do with whether he will win or lose

6. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

lol what a disgrace....

7. WhiteStringJunkie

WhiteStringJunkie Regular Member

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

8. wade

wade Regular Member

I know deep down gideon is tired of kevin antics lol

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com

Then they shd go for big money tournaments. Which is a good strategy. Same effort similar players.

For Malaysia, many still waiting for the long awaited title. S1000 no chance. See if can win this smaller tournament for a start.

Most big players are taking this tournament without China as warm ups avoiding injury. ;)

10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

LeeWang already qualified as Olympic Champ bro

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

OngTeo won their last 2 matches against NohFei. Dont know what the MAS BA do by letting go. Its such a quandary when the proff is better than the National team player. They are much better than where their ranking suggests, Dozens of close losses.

I think its time for Malaysia MD win SS, When was the last time they won it? 2016 when GohTan won Dubai is the last i remembered. 5 years already my god. Korea recently did it, so why not. 2 pairs in SF, highly likely they will win it no matter what.

On the other hand, maybe next time we will see ChanPengSoon/GSH playing Mens Double lol.

When ChoiSeo won HK2019, thats like Korea 1st title in 3 years. Its unbelievable such powerhouse in MD have 2 titles in 5years while Malaysia has 0 title in 5 years. Kinda shocking, i think they are always competitive.

#291 Yoji, Nov 19, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    Gigabit likes this.
  12. cococo

cococo Regular Member

I don't think they should have let Ong/Teo go either but glad they are doing well on their own now.

Also,I feel like Malaysia would have a better chance to enter the final if Ong/Teo is playing Hoki/Kobayashi and Aaron/Wooi Yik is playing Minions but it's the other way around. I just checked Ong/Teo beat Hoki/Kobayashi last year on the way to win the Thailand Masters but they have a bad record against the Minions and same with Aaron/Wooi Yik against Hoki/Kobayashi. Hopefully they both can overcome it.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

nokh88 likes this.
  13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Momota and Chou TC secured semis spot with contrast fashion, the world number one outclassed Gemke who deeply frustrated in second game, 21-15 / 21-5 whilst the latter as predicted was stretched into full distance by resilient Ng KL, needed to dig deep especially had bad start at the early stage of final game, 2-8. The world Champion is clear favorite to book final berth, getting back his old form gradually. Former world number one Srikanth reaches S750 tour last four exactly two years ago since HKG Open 2019, he finds tough challenge to progress, former champion Antonsen who vanquished Thai up-and-coming star in patient long rallies games, Vitidsarn has solid defense aspect but lack of killer attacking shots.

Looks like badminton fans might see another Yamaguchi-An SY showdown unless reigning World Champion Sindhu could replicated her finest form in major event like she eliminated the Japanese ace in Tokyo OG quarterfinal. New kid on the block in WS department, Chaiwan trounced the well-improved Singaporean young lady Yeo JM yesterday and outlasted her illustrious senior Intanon in last sixteen, this is big breakthrough to enter top-tier semis for the first time by 20 years old Youth OG bronze medalist.

The Olympic Champs Lee/Wang played mediocre badminton, they couldn't adapt slow shuttlecock and drift as well, lost tamely to Aaron Chia/Soh WY. On paper scenario, host sole survivor Gideon/Sukamuljo should keep their title defence mission on track to overcome MAS combination Ong/Teo and challenge either Tokyo bronze medalists or Japan number one pair Hoki/Kobayashi tomorrow.

Korea is starting to build up back-up pairs in doubles category and one of them have decent quality to show good result here, world #168 Jeong Na Eun/Kim Hye Jeong seize WD limelight, beat several established pair prior to final four, Stoeva sisters and Kititharakul/Prajongjai convincingly. Home hopefuls Polii/Rahayu lost narrowly to Supajirakul/Taerattanachai in three games, it's about time when Greysia Polii will announce her retirement officially. The Thai duo will challenge Matsuyama/Shida who take on the mantle of FukuHiro & MatsuNaga temporary absence.

It's quite predictable XD semifinal line-up without mighty China combos attendance, surprising package of this category, the veterans Ko SH/Eom HW deny more fancied names, Gicquel/Delrue & European Championships silver medalists Ellis/Smith to go further here. An intruguing clash between Watanabe/Higashino and HKG lefthanders Tang CM/Tse YS will open semifinal round, replay of recent OG bronze medal match. The in-form Japanese were involved in tiring atmosphere to tackle Faizal/Widjaja before the Indonesians ran out of momentum and focus as well in deciding game.

LIVE TV COVERAGE
    upload_2021-11-20_9-23-6.png

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    We will know by this evening. Hope to see an all MAS final. Was there any all MAS final before?

cococo likes this.
  15. cococo

cococo Regular Member

Not sure but I remember one of the commentators said in one of the matches(forgot which one though) that Vivian Hoo and her partner is the only Malaysian pair to have ever won this tournament.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I cannot recall any all MAS final in any discipline.

cococo likes this.
  17. WhiteStringJunkie

It was called Indonesia Grand Prix Gold back in 2011. Vivian Hoo/Woon Khe Wei beat Bao Yixin/Zhong Qianxin in rubber games.

Cheung and cococo like this.
  18. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

Is it the Bali weather or something? All 4 players looking like they're out of gas after each rally. I haven't seen Watanabe looking so tired in ages.

samkool likes this.
  19. WhiteStringJunkie

It's sweltering hot in Indonesia, so perhaps they're not used to the conditions.

20. evilster

evilster Regular Member

Student
    I really believe, yuta is tired... I dont see him get so frustrated. Though, i think the environment is very humid and combine with slower shuttle as well. makes a difference.