DAIHATSU Indonesia Masters 2021 Nov 16 to Nov 21 WT Super 750

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by samkool, Nov 15, 2021.

1. lurker

lurker Regular Member

big difference IMHO

lose and be respected
    vs
    lose and celebrated

trizzforce and MezzL like this.
  2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Yes agree. Taiwan Md og peaked at the right time after Thai open. If they give all out, its still a force to be reckon with.

Like I said. Anti climax tournament. Many are using this platform to warm up for the next one. ;)

3. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

When someone from other country are hoping you to lose it's normal, but when some indonesian fans themselves want to see him lose then there's a problem, and I can't blame them because who wouldn't be annoyed to see the #1 pair acts like a clown against their junior

He will be remembered longer than hendra ? the 4 times world champion and olympic champion ? yeah no chance, especially if he keep choking in big event like he always do.

4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

fair enough

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

His careers is still long. He just need to win 1 WC imo due to his sheer no of titles.

Well we should know why Hendra is still playing till these days. Its because money and because he still wants to be respected and remembered. We can say he came from generation that is when the fans isnt internet savvy yet unlike the fans generation that Kevin is in. Thats why i think Kevin will be remembered more. For us, yes we watched him win the WCs but most of these fans are not. and its these cohort , Zillenials where there are most fans. Not many will send gifts to Hendra but those gifts just keep coming for Kevin - in that sense, do people remember you?

6. extremenanopowe

Remembered as clown champion in history. Lol ;)

Martynas likes this.
  7. wade

wade Regular Member

Yeah that was pretty embarassing from kevin, I didn't expect him to act like that against fellow indonesian. maybe herry/aryono need to talk to him, in the end you gotta train together with these players..

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Kevin has 1.3M followers in IG i guess. Even JC has more maybe close to 2M. Lest we know he only won AG & TC. What about Hendra? not that much i believe despite winning everything so of course he still wants to exist and play in this generation. Those numbers that's that, it doesnt lie.

You and I, worst come to worst, can think him as a clown. but no way our numbers put together can beat those numbers lol.

Most people in that 1.3m will think what he did is cool i bet even though for today, what he did is excessive.

When he was below 25 , i think its cool. The one against GohTan at TC and LiLiu at JapanOpen 2019 comes to me as the best gamesmanship. Now he is above 25.

9. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

1 WC title wouldn't even put him above tony let alone hendra, but I guess he can enjoy his money and fame

Ofcourse a lot more people will send gifts to kevin than hendra, one is married the other is not, one is still in his prime while the other almost reach 40. at the end of the day I can guarantee you hendra will be remembered more than kevin, when both retired people gonna mention hendra as the most successful player indonesia ever produced, kevin probably gonna be remembered because of his antics and playing style, basically like sigit back then

10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Even now Goh is friend with Kevin, replying on his victory. I thought he would hate him doing something like that. I believe their inner self actualization is the same lol.

11. Phanou

Phanou Regular Member

I was wondering how Kevin Sanjaya was perceived by the Indonesian fans. Judging from what i see online the majority of them like him and brush his antics aside as "trolling" or "bad boy" moments. Is this accurate?

I truly admire his talent, but I don't agree with his antics. As for his legacy, I think you can get a hint by looking him up on Youtube: there are as many "Kevin flashy skills" videos as there are "Kevin trolling/disrespectful moments" videos. I guess that's how he will be remembered.

12. extremenanopowe

Create another clown award for him.

If someone creates a video named clown of badminton. Am sure he will stop it. ;)

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Lee/Wang know that even if they win the next 2 tourneys, they won't qualify for the BWF World Tour Finals. Hence, it's okay for them to have it easy and go again next week. After that, they will fly to Europe and prepare for the WC.

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Not surprisingly, only the Minions are left in the draw, representing the home country in the SF. They may likely go all the way to the Final again since they never lost to Ong Yew Sin/Teo Ee Yi (as I predicted earlier). But you never know....

15. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Kidambi is really starting to look good again. As long as he can remain composed when faced with Antonsen's delaying tactics, he has a chance of winning tomorrow.

16. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Are you inferring this based on his match today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Treetops

Treetops New Member

I look forward to him playing KM. This time he may win. His climb is steady. I wish HSP showed some consistency and won today. He couldn’t.

18. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

well, if Kevin keep on doing that "attitude" towards opponents, I guarantee Ong Yew Sin/Teo Ee Yi sure lose...

19. kurako

kurako Regular Member

No, not at all. I think he has been
    looking dangerous since the Denmark Open. Does anyone know the reason?

20. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

They already qualified by winning Olympic game.