Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Atleast blacksheeps got caught. They did not even appeal the verdict . It seems like they are well prepared for the situation.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  2. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I have my doubts whether they will even be able to participate, considering recent spike in cases of covid in China and perhaps the crubs on traveling and isolation will get even stricter.

3. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

The curbs on travelling will definitely become stricter. They are hosting the Winter Olympics in February and they want to keep the number of cases as low as possible. I spoke to my Nephew's daughter recently. She is studding in a university in Lanzhou, Gansu. Her whole campus is under lockdown when they found some locally transmitted cases in Lanzhou. According to her a vaccine containing the inactivated Delta strain is in the works and will be rolled out next year.
    Until they achieve herd immunity don't expect to see Chinese players going out to play in unimportant tournaments. The strict 3-week quarantine which may be made longer is something no one likes to go through.

#3623 tbgoh288, Nov 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    skhai91, Nine Tailed Fox and Justin L like this.
  4. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

To this day, I maintain that Badminton is the worst affected sport during COVID times due to the complex nature of things in this sport.

#3624 Nine Tailed Fox, Nov 7, 2021
    tbgoh288 likes this.
  5. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    the sport doesn't have the money to do what is needed. by 'sport' i mean everybody: bwf, teams, athletes, equipment suppliers. 'complexity' is the lamest excuse bwf has been using since the pandemic came about. so, then, like, what about all the decades before that? was it really running and growing all that smoothly?

question: why, over the past 50 years, have many sports turned into multi-billion dollar enterprises and badminton has not, all the while having the 1st to 2nd highest global participation rate?

answer: blame the people who have been running/governing the sport, past and present.

mma (mixed martial arts) is a new individual global sport which runs under the structure of an individual sport. it is just over 25 years old. one of the organizations within the sport, the ufc, is worth at least $7 billion dollars already. this is an example of how a sport can grow when the people in charge know what they're doing.

it's sad how bwf is clueless to the fact it's their own rules and structure that is preventing growth and prosperity.

#3625 samkool, Nov 7, 2021
    Cheung and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  6. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

This year's badminton world championship will be held in huelva on December 12th. China began to go abroad in September to participate in the Sudirman Cup, the Thomas/Uber Cup and the Denmark Open, and then returned to China for 21 days of centralized medical observation and isolation in Beijing according to relevant regulations, which will not be released until the middle of this month. During this time, Chinese badminton players can only do some physical and strength training in the room, as well as some simple training of serving and pumping.

According to the previously announced plan, Chinese shuttlers will go to the training base in Chengdu to prepare for the World Championships after the isolation, leaving them only three weeks to prepare for the World Championships. Moreover, at present, Chinese people need to quarantine themselves at home seven days in advance when they go to Spain, and go to the designated place for nucleic acid and serum specific IgM antibody detection twice 7 days before take-off and 48 hours before take-off. Only with the negative result of "double detection" can they apply to the Chinese Embassy in Spain for the green code of flight. November 15th is the final deadline for retiring from the World Championships. Whether CBA will participate in the World Championships as scheduled or choose to retire will be announced at that time.

#3626 Ukfbk, Nov 8, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    Cheung and samkool like this.
  7. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    There is a tournament live on You tube now which seems to be Chinese junior players . There is a MS player with a tremendous smash wearing red. I wonder whats his name. He has great potential.
    Appreciate if someone can give details of this tournament.

Justin L likes this.
  8. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Link please? I want to see the smash

9. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

It is an invitational mixed team tournament for the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay area. The player in red you mentioned is Su Hansen from Fosan, Ip Man's home town.

#3629 tbgoh288, Nov 9, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    Woesi and Justin L like this.
  10. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Here is the link.

The player in red is probably a provincial player, representing Guangdong.

Justin L likes this.
  11. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired

Yes thats the player. Really powerful smash. Hope he is a teenager. A future prospect for China indeed. Will note his name.
    Thank you, tbgoh

Justin L likes this.
  12. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

Shi Yuqi, Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen, Du Yue/Li Yinhui, He Jiting/Du Yue withdrew from the World Championships in huelva at the end of the year (December 12-19).

The latest big list of China's participation in the WC is as follows
    Single: Lu Guangzu, Zhao Junpeng

Women's singles: Chen Yufei, He Bingjiao, Wang Zhiyi and Han Yue

Male: He Jiting/Tan Qiang, Liu Cheng/Huang Kaixiang, Ou Yiyi/Zhang Nan, Wang Chang/Di Zijian (invited)

Female: Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan, Li Wenmei/Zheng Yu, Liu Xuanxuan/Xia Yuting

Mixed: Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqiong, Wang Yilu/Huang Dongping, Guo Xinwa/Zhang Shuxian, Ou Yiyi/Feng Xueying (invited)

13. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Don't think Su Hansen is a teenager, may be 21-23 years old. They are playing the 3x15 format. Players will naturally smash a lot, especially when they are fed lift returns which are not high or deep enough.

14. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah, Li Shifeng's world ranking is too low to be invited. A pity as I consider him even better than Lu Giangzu and for him to play in the world championship will certainly be a great experience benefiting his growth and development, accelerating his fulfilment of potential asap.

By the way, I, or should I say we, greatly appreciate your role and contributions here, esp your ability to source news and information on Chinese badminton down to provincial and city level. Can't thank you enough.

antssantss, Ukfbk and tbgoh288 like this.
  16. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

He plays for Guangdong. May not be good enough to play for China. Found this video where he played against Bai Yupeng. He is in Dark T-shirt.
    https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE0Mjc3NzExNg==

17. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

Thank you for your appreciation. I just do what I like to do.They are so many great talents in China, so the pressure to be CBA’s member surely bigger than any badminton association out there. If they didn't do well, many young talents will be delightful to replace their spot in the team. So they need to maintain their highest quality and perform at the tournaments or else, you will be kicked out. I'm saying this without refuting other athlete hardships.

So the fact that many young talents waiting their opportunities to be in the first team, I m always wonder and impress at the same time the effort that Chinese Shuttlers put to secure their spot for a long time.

Right now, I just want to know what will happen to Li Yinhui as she not in the list at the Uber/Sudirman. Right now, she already declined WC. Such a pity, because she still young, but the fact that she didn't deliver, CBA already replace her with other pairs.

18. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

Heard some chatters that SYQ is in some trouble following the Thomas Cup incident. Seems the issue is that he retired despite opposition from the coach.

19. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    Zhao Junpeng and Sun Feixiang are above Li Shifeng in the rankings, but to be honest, I’m not sure they have much of a future. If Li Shifeng doesn’t accrue ranking points soon, then he will have to wait until 2023 for any real exposure. There’s no tournament in China until the end of 2022 for him to pick any ranking points.

20. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

[​IMG] LIU JUNHUI ANNOUCED RETIREMENT FROM NATIONAL TEAM .

Translation of his announcement at social media(weibo).

Life is like a train on its way, no matter how forward it is, no matter how beautiful it is along the way, there will eventually be a stop, and eventually someone will get off and get on.
    Since I entered the national team in 2012, I have opened the most exciting door in my life, which led me to climb step by step.
    Let me get the honor and win glory for my motherland.
    I am well aware that all this is due to the careful cultivation and nurturing of me by the party and the state over the years.
    Along the way, there are too many people who need to be grateful. It is they who have worked tirelessly to cultivate me on the road of my growth. When I am in deep trouble, show my love and help me [抱拳], let me stand on the podium again and again.
    I'm grateful to the teachers and military leaders, to the coaches who took me and taught me, and to the team leaders, doctors and other staff who worked silently for me behind me.
    Thanks to the leaders and coaches of Liaoning team.
    Thanks to my teammates.
    Thanks to my partner Liu Yuchen, my good friend and brother all my life.
    Here, I also want to thank my fans in particular. It's you who love me unconditionally and support me.
    Road, there will always be ups and downs, especially the feather road. You gave me applause when I got on the podium. When I am at a low point, tolerate me, encourage me, and remind me of my problems.
    It's you who have been paying close attention to me and accompanying me for so many years. Thank you [抱拳].
    In 2017, when I was in a Super League, the acute meniscus injury of the right knee joint was nearly 3 degrees, with bone contusion of the distal femur and proximal tibia. 18 years' sports career has caused my habitual dislocation of thoracic facet joints; Synovitis of right first metatarsophalangeal joint, etc.
    Although it was obviously improved after many treatments, it never recovered. Every time I increase my training intensity, I often suffer from the recurrence of old diseases, so it is difficult for me to complete the overall training plan arranged by the coach like other team members.
    Nowadays, the competition of men's doubles in the world badminton is very fierce, and high-intensity training is the basic guarantee of victory. However, I am unable to complete the normal training plan of the national team because of injuries and injuries. Therefore, my own thoughts and spirits are often extremely troubled.
    Based on the above injuries, today I am very sorry to announce my retirement from the national team.
    Here, I wish the athletes of CBA can, as always, stand on the highest podium of badminton, proudly sing the national anthem and look up at the five-star red flag of the motherland.
    I wish the young new forces can flourish, create the brilliance of their younger generation, and make great achievements.
    I wish China National Team , getting better and better! http://t.cn/A6xbO0Oa

Attached Files:

Justin L and Woesi like this.