TotalEnergies THOMAS-UBER Cup 2020 : Quarterfinal-Final (14-17 October 2021)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Oct 14, 2021.

1. hybisme

hybisme Regular Member

Haixz........ *vomits blood*

2. hybisme

hybisme Regular Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Still Jpn is the winner for me, just me!!!

3. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Disappointed..............

4. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

What a choke…NBA is lost in the wilderness and will take a generation to recover.

5. hybisme

hybisme Regular Member

NBA?

6. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Between them, the two Japanese WDs have not been able to convert twelve (in numerals: 12) game points over three games. Not going to win titles like that.

stanleyfm likes this.
  7. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

Nippon Badminton Association.

hybisme likes this.
  8. Lao_wang

Lao_wang New Member

Nippon Badminton Association - Japan badminton association

9. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

It's ok haha.

We don't have to wait 365 days to get another Uber Cup tournament

10. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Agree
    But I like this scheduling overall, by adding the TC SF today
    They should just start the match today a bit earlier and problem is solved

Gigabit and Lao_wang like this.
  11. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

true
    I feel like that one will be a bit less important

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Congrats China for regaining the Uber Cup!

I was expecting close matches in the WDs and we got them. However, I do also expect WD2 to go Japan's way but it was not to be.

13. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

We were all mesmerised by Misaki's crafty plays in the SC and UC. But we forget the fact that she can't settle her nerves WHEN IT MATTERS (i.e. finals or decisive moments of matches). She didn't have any serious service errors all throughout the two tournaments but during today's final she was a mess; service, defence, net plays were all below her previous performances. Till now, every once in a while, I wonder how she won the Olympics back then (yes, I saw the Rio final)

faezahlatif and arjevo like this.
  14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Probably the biggest upset of the tournament so far, at least in my book
    Never expected such a weak-looking INA squad to go to the final, minions looked incredibly weak at the beginning of the t'ment, singles looked like they'd lose against anyone who could field Top50 MS2 and MS3 and Top10 MS1, yet JC managed - against all odds - to rise from playing like a third-string player to beat AA....
    What an unexpected outcome, I hope the final isn't gonna be a blowout

dood1234 and trizzforce like this.
  15. HicHic

HicHic Regular Member

What did Ratchanok do/which match are you referring to? I want to see :D

16. r1cky_b3cks

r1cky_b3cks Regular Member

it has been a good effort from japan, having lost many of their main players and still advance to finals, hope for the better next uber cup round..

Gigabit likes this.
  17. r1cky_b3cks

r1cky_b3cks Regular Member

Thai-China, uber cup SF

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

ShiYuqi playing in ThomasCup Final will be the biggest upset in Badminton History

19. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    How come ? Isn't he injured yesterday? @Justin L or will he give up again today what do you think ?

20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

China reclaims Uber Cup to win 15th title, affirming their status as women's team dominant force. They toppled Japan who coming in Aarhus with incomplete squad in final last night, very tough battle particularly in doubles department.

Japan had great start through Akane Yamaguchi who conquered the Olympic Champion Chen Yufei once again after Sudirman Cup final in Vantaa. Yamaguchi is only few players who can ba;ance Chen patient syle with superb retrieving skill, this time the Chinese became error-proned and struggling to control the rallies, probably stamina issue here. Japan actually had chance to grab point through the doubles, nerve-wrecking contest that saw Fukushima/Matsumoto who lost narrowly to Chen/Jia where the match ending in three minutes shy of two hours. Similar storyline also coloring second doubles Matsutomo/Matsuyama unable to overcome crucial moment. The battle of lefthanders saw the strong determined He Bingjiao shows her true ability with effecient attacking shots, Takahashi put fantastic fight in second game to target her rival weak area, deep forehand corner.

13th time Indonesia enters grand final and looking good to bring back Thomas Cup, they beat the toughest foe in this tournament, Denmark despite dropped opening match. The solid Viktor Axelsen didn't give any room for Ginting to develop his speedy game as the tall Dane controlling the rally and dictating the pace while his rival contributing constant errors, the inconsistency emerged again by Tokyo OG bronze medalist. Then the Minions level score, still not excellent performance but good enough to thwart the tricky Danes Astrup/Rasmussen momentum. Third match is very decisive and epic battle that hit 100 minutes of play, Both players involving in long rallies that draining energy too much, Jonatan Christie executing shots well at crucial stages as Antonsen stamina seems wane drastically at last stage of final game. The winning clue is really obvious for INA camp after took second MS point, Alfian/Ardianto sealed the deal to secure final spot after 2016.

The other semifinal witnessing China prevails, 3-1 over Japan. A contrast fashion displayed by Shi Yuqi who lack of fighting spirit and back up plan when Kento Momota didn't deliver many shots to smash rather than keep the constructed long rallies throughout the match, the Japanese on his forte for netplay, deceptive shot and magnificent defense. When losing opening plot 20-22, Shi quality of play declined dramatically and starting to produce numerous nervous shots then retired at 20-5, what a shocking decision. Then, China players bounced back to scoop the next three matches including the young star Li Shifeng who rising on the occasion to quell Kanta Tsuneyama defensive style.

Thomas Cup classic final, INA v CHN, the top seed against title holder, the star-studded team opposes the underdog, their rivalry began in 1980's, the last time that Indonesia beat China was 2000 in Kuala Lumpur. On paper prediction, it should be the favourite Indonesia to bring back Thomas Cup that becoming elusive since 2002. INA team has very tough draw en route to final, one step closer for glory, hopefully it will be happy ending in Aarhus!