Kisona Selvaduray

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Comment on this exciting new Malaysian WS Player.

2. lurker

lurker Regular Member

hahahaa...

exciting

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  3. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Racism. The bane of our Msian existence. Kisona has good skills. Her style Reminds me of Misbun Sidek . But she lacks speed and power on her beautifully shaped legs. Which is why she struggles to lunge forward to the net. She has improved from 100 place ranking to 53 this year. She should put in more effort but I think the best she could go is top 20. At 23, her break out time is this year or next. Then she may last probably another 2 years max.

4. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Racism exists everywhere . There is a proverb in Tamil " if dog barks looking at the sun, there is no harm to sun " . Kisona should not take those racist comments from some useless dogs to her ears , continuously work hard for her betterment of her life. I dont think Malaysian racist people will let her continue as main WS after a while. I hope it wont happen.
    Such a dumb head politicians rule their country , even making remarks publicly about colour and race . Ignorant *******.

#5 Baddyforall, Oct 4, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    keithl likes this.
  5. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Nine Tailed Fox stands shoulder to shoulder with BAM against the racist remarks made by Borhan Che Rahim

''Borhan Che Rahim who is reportedly a politician wrote on his Facebook profile status, “Where did BAM find this Indian (keling) and make her Malaysia’s main player.”

6. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Objectively-speaking, Msia has yet to find a replacement to Wong Mew Choo. What more with the recovering Goh Yin Wei, who is obviously a very bright star, suddenly resigning from the national team.

Unfortunately Kisona was down with Covid 19 twice after her tour in Europe in recent months and that might have affected her speed on court. However, some of her weaknesses during her game vs Gregoria was just too obvious - slow movement and anticipation on court, especially cross court drop and smashes, and a non-existent attack. She should have won her game vs Indo as Gregoria was nervous as wreck, but somehow still managed to get points repeatedly whenever she did any cross court shot. At 23, Kisona should already have good power and speed on court, which she both lacks. Her game now seems to be relying on mistakes from opponents, of which any top 20 players will not be so kind of.

7. Yeung Chao

Yeung Chao Regular Member

If Sania Nehwal can play so well, I do not understand why Kisona cannot reach her level in terms of speed, footwork and stamina. She does not need to prove by MUST WIN titles but at least put up a strong fight against top 10 players. Why cant she do it?

8. Baddyforall

Hope she will be treated well in Malaysia in the future.

#9 Baddyforall, Oct 5, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    what’s it got to do with Saina Nehwal? What’s the connection?

10. Yeung Chao

Yeung Chao Regular Member

They both are similar in their playing style. Height wise too.

11. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Apart from the height, both are very different type of players. Saina has a strong attacking game and she tries to cover the court as much as she can. She would stretch and lunge as much as she can. I watched Kisona's game when she won her SEA Games gold medal in 2019. She was playing almost as similar as now, albeit slightly faster but definitely no where near Saina. She already had her right knee guard then, and now she has tapes and knee guards on both legs and she's still only 23. Definitely something's hampering her movement. Her natural playing style is definitely not aggressive, but more of graceful movement and rallying game. Unless she can speed up a lot more to cover the court to frustrate opponents into making mistake, I just doubt her current game can get her far.

livewire and Cheung like this.
  12. jctai

jctai Regular Member

As a minority in Malaysia, I also condemn the racially offensive post published by a certain idiot.
    With that being said, I can't see any edge that Kisona has against other more prominent players.
    TZY since young displayed tenacity in maintaining the rally even against top players.
    Saina has strong physique in her early days that matches her aggressive style.
    Akane has powerful legs to carry her around the court to make up for her short stature.

Someone really need to hold a fire underneath BAM's butt to force them to develop Kisona potential before it's too late (she's already 23 of age so it might have been a little too late).

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Can’t see the similarities in playing style myself. They look vastly different.

14. lurker

lurker Regular Member

lol...

Yeung Chao...

did u accidentally group with Saina due to race?

15. Baddyforall

Another indian Malaysian WS player got selected for the UPCOMING Uber cup to play as second singles.
    Lekshanaa.
    This proves BAM works without any prejudice.

keithl likes this.
  16. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    She needs to spar with the junior guys. Not with any ladies when training.

I used to spar with top malaysian ladies singles player leong chai lean in 80s. Her size is similar to GJW. (She can't beat the likes of liling wei and han ai ping of course).

Sparring with guys helps her speed. Leong chai lean can easily beat the rest of the malaysian ladies at that time after sparring with guys like us. We almost vomit blood after sparring. She will wait for me every sunday morning skipping at Chin Woo Stadium which is next to the old stadium negara. She works extra hard on off days to spar with me. ;)

So, the are the current batch doing extra work or playing hand phones and social media?? wakaka. ;) Fat hopes.

livewire, Sumanth99 and visor like this.
  17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Kisona has reached her maximum. Sad.

18. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

?? She retired?

19. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Need will power. Need the boleh attitude. ;)