Victor 2020 New Products

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Haizann

Haizann New Member

Hi peeps.. i would like to know the difference between bravesword 12n 3u and jetspeed 12ii 3u? Can anyone care to share experience?

2. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

I used to own both in 3U.

Loved the BS12N, easily one of my favorite rackets for singles and double. JS12 was one of my least liked rackets I've ever bought. I'm not sure I can offer a proper comparison, but the easiest way to put it is that the BS12N does everything the JS12 does but easier. I found the BS12N also had much better feel than it as well.

I personally found the N7ii much suited replacement for it since I've long broken my BS12N, though I'm no longer using any of these rackets.

I'd recommend you read through the JS12 thread on here since many people were looking to get a JS12 to replace their BS12.

Haizann likes this.
  3. greek_foot

greek_foot Regular Member

Hello! There seems to have been a lot of confusion about these two rackets, like @Kokai mentioned, a lot of people seemed to think the JS-12 was meant to be the successor to the BRS-12, however I don’t think that was actually the intention, at least not from an engineering/design perspective.

(Victor’s marketing team may actually be the ones at fault for this, it’s possible they intentionally blurred the lines between the two products by using the same number designation for the JS-12 in order to draw from the popularity and established reputation of the BRS-12, but that’s just speculation on my part).

Anyway, while both rackets are classified by Victor as “speed” oriented rackets, the design of BRS-12/BRS-12N leans toward the “all-around” end of the “speed” spectrum (medium flex, medium balance), whereas the JS-12/JS-12II leans more toward the “power” end of the “speed” spectrum (semi-stiff flex, more head heavy balance).

Compared to Victor’s latest offerings, the BRS-12 is most similar to the ARS-70F and ARS-90S, while the JS-12II is most similar to the ARS-70K(C) and ARS-90K. Compared to Yonex’s latest offerings, though my experience with these products is limited, I would say the BRS-12 is somewhat similar in spirit to the NF-700, while the JS-12II is somewhat similar in spirit to the AX-88S.

In theory, the BRS-12 and similarly spec’d options will offer a faster and more nimble response, especially when playing shots at or below eye level, while still maintaining respectable all-court performance. On the other hand, the JS-12II and similarly spec’d options will offer a higher power ceiling and easier tracking for overhead shots, while still maintaining better-than-average speed and maneuverability.

In practice, of course everything depends on your individual mechanics and sensibilities.

Still, if you care to know my personal opinion, bear in mind I’m only a club level player, but if it weren’t for the the price, I’d probably opt for the JS-12II or the ARS-70K(C). I enjoy the response of a slightly more slender shaft and also like the feel of a racket with just a bit extra weight in the head. I’m also honest enough to admit I prefer the aesthetics of Victor’s newer models:p. Still, the BRS-12N is a popular choice at the clubs I frequent. I’ve tried it several times and it’s more than capable at any position.

That’s all the information I have, best of luck with whatever racket you choose!

Haizann and Kokai like this.
  4. Haizann

Haizann New Member

@greek_foot @Kokai thanks for the reply and infos fellas.. appreciate it very much.. im using brs12n 4u as for now.. thinking of going up to 3u.. but dont know should i stick with bs12 or change to jetspeed 12ii or auraspeed series....

5. greek_foot

greek_foot Regular Member

My pleasure! I can certainly relate to your predicament, there are so many sporting goods on the market these days, many of them offering very similar performance (in my opinion), it can be difficult to find "the one".

Also, not to make your decision more complicated, but from a financial perspective, if you're mostly happy with your BRS-12 in 4U now, you could consider first experimenting with an inexpensive roll of lead tape. This could help you find your preferred weight and balance point without spending extra money on a new racket (plus strings and an overgrip).

Anyway, good luck as always!

6. ice man

ice man Regular Member

If you’re looking to upgrade from BS12 I can just tell you that you’re looking for an auraspeed 90S
    It plays roughly the same as BS12 but with more smash power

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

As per Volant review on Ryuga, they mention Victor racket feel different from Yonex & Lining.
    What do they mean by that?
    I own TK770, not high end one but compare to other racket, its obvious each racket regardless of brand would feel different. But nothing that would feel ackward unless ofcourse if i test any light racket or head light but all those due to me used to heavy stuff.

Jeff Tho (Volant) likes this.
  8. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

Very sad. While power smash. It crack on T join. String with nanogy 98, 28lbs. 10% prestreched. Never clash before.

IMG-20210809-WA0004.jpg

9. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

Simple thing for me that Victor racket shaft feeling just like catapult and flex and yonex are more likely crowbar and very stiff.

How about other? Just share.

10. jctai

jctai Regular Member

Some of the people I played with does feel in some ways that Yonex rackets are stiffer and harder to use, Victor's has more vibration and easier to use and Li Ning is more stable and harder to use.
    But I just personally don't feel the said difference in rackets based on their manufacturer. My opinion is each racket gives different experience and feeling based on play style, player technique, player physique and what the player wants from their racket.
    The best advice I can give is don't believe everything people said online. If you got the chance to test one for yourself just do so. If the only way you can test is to buy the racket, know your area's second hand market value for the racket and just sell them if you don't wish to continue using the racket.

yenyesoh likes this.
  11. suhardi_w_h

suhardi_w_h New Member

Holy Crap what happen?
    Does it related to the unique racket frame? ( I believe they got "DYNAMIC-HEX technology and REBOUND SHIELD frame" which make the frame twist abit around the T-Joint)
    Can you get replacement for that racket, because obviously thats the manufacture problem from what i see.
    Where do you live anyway?

12. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

Yogyakarta Indonesia sir, but anyway where I can complain this problem?
    Are they have service center? LOL,

ohya, anyone know of S, L, X, K, on the last number of victor racket means? such as TK7000S / 7000L, Auraspeed 90S, 90K, etc

yenyesoh likes this.
  13. suhardi_w_h

suhardi_w_h New Member

@fufu27

You didn't go back to the store where you bought the racket?
    At least you can try to give it a shot ( tell the seller its not a racket clash since it broke on the T-Joint, thats a big evidence! )

14. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

S stands for speed, L stands for light, X stands for control or all-around, and K stands for attack.

pughon, yenyesoh and Rommel Alastra like this.
  15. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

not yet,

okeey thanks, nice info

yenyesoh likes this.
  16. Jeff Tho (Volant)

Jeff Tho (Volant) New Member

Hey Budi,
    Thanks for sharing! Yeah, we tried both Ryuga and 88D Pro in the 4U version. And we could generate so much more power with the 88D Pro!!! The Ryuga just felt too light?

17. Jeff Tho (Volant)

Jeff Tho (Volant) New Member

Hey Budi,
    We meant just by how they swing through the air and how they feel on contact? They just feel less 'stable' or 'solid' on contact? Maybe we are more used to Yonex and Li Ning (and Volant) feeling rackets... But at the end of the day, I think that you'll get use to it! We've had quite a few people post on our YT videos that they felt the same way, but now they're used to it and wouldn't go back!

Budi and Shamwow like this.
  18. pughon

pughon Regular Member

How about F?

19. Budi

Budi Regular Member

my racket are TK770HTi.
    I think HT is for High Tension & i for its 2nd gen from its OG TK770HT (blue version if im correct)
    but well, it just my tought & only Victor know what it really mean.

20. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

It is kinda stands for female I think. or you may say flexible I guess. All F models are flexible version of that particular model such as js12f, ars70f, and ars90f. Also, they are painted more colorful with stars, glitters, and flowers etc. so it is targeted for more female players. I tried with ars70f and js12f and I enjoyed them, so if a guy does not care about paint, they are good flexible version for a dude too :D

pughon likes this.