So you're thinking of buying a stringing machine?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Danstevens, Mar 24, 2009.

1. jays-8

jays-8 Regular Member

[​IMG]

Does anyone know about this machine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

It is a siboasi machine. They are cheap and the quality is not good. Pros pro has also sime machines from this factory

jays-8 likes this.
  3. jays-8

jays-8 Regular Member

Thanks for the info..

4. Jordan Dias

Jordan Dias New Member

Could you tell me a bit more about the stringing machines, though I'm a fan of Badminton tech, I don't really know much about them.... Maybe they're called something else in my region?

5. radhakrishnan.k

radhakrishnan.k Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Any updates to this thread?

Please suggest budget electronic stringing machine.

6. Babar

Babar Regular Member

If you read the forum, you'll find everything you need to know...

7. radhakrishnan.k

radhakrishnan.k Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This post origin is 2009.. trying to check if there are any good machines under 500$ and strings up to 32lbs.. please suggest!

8. Soilsurf

Soilsurf New Member

I guess I can share my thoughts of getting a stringing machine in this thread, and not a start a new one. I have a long-time experience of stringing rackets of my own and players of my work place with a very simple stringing tool. This tool is rather slow and not able to get tensions over 10 kg.
    Now I have been planning to get a proper stringing machine with another player in our club. After reading different web-pages and discussions in this forum, I have figured out two possible solutions for my case. The planned budget is about 600€.
    First interesting tool would be Stringway MS140LS, while being portable it would be easy to transfer between the place of mine and the other club player.
    The second option would be good quality dropweight machine like Superstringer T90. This could be later updated with Wise-tensioner if interest for that. Something worrying is the about 22 kg mass that should be transferred occasionally between two places.
    I hope, there are people available that can comment my ideas of these two possible stringing machines.

9. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

The Stringway is the best choice for the transports, and the Superstringer is the best choice for a propper stringing machine...

Easy choice if you think about what to have the machine for! ;)

Soilsurf likes this.
  10. Jooeq5

Jooeq5 New Member

I am in the US and am looking to buy a stringing machine (for badminton) that costs less than ~$500, preferably much less. I am fine with 2 or 6 points, preferably the latter. People I have talked to thus far seem to suggest a progression ll 602 or a used progression ll 602 FC, but others have stated that those are intended for tennis so that to use them I would need to buy supports and clamps from other sources, putting them outside my price point. I really don't know much on the topic so any suggestions or insights are much appreciated.

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

You will have to settle for a crank or dropweight type machine, but yes.

Something like a Pro's Pro would fit the bill.

12. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

But he wrote that he want a good machine. Pro´s Pro is the lowest quality on the market - together with siboasi, followed from eagnas/lillylee

Kaelhdris and khoai like this.
  13. khoai

khoai Regular Member

All Gamma machines including Progression II or X6 (FC or not) are badminton ready. You don't need to buy anything else to start stringing. To be honest, around $500 in the US, there are not many choices for quality machines. You can choose between Gamma Progression II, X6 (no FC, add $100 for FC) or Alpha Pioneer PC Plus with FC. These are all 6-point support, 5-year warranty so pretty safe to buy. 2-point support machines are much cheaper but not safe to string badminton rackets.

Of course Tennisman has quality machines as well but shipping cost from Europe would kill the deal.

14. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

Pro's Pro is considered undesirable because it's not very user friendly, and the side supports are a nightmare to work with. However, it's still a solid machine that does the job. It's not going to bend or break, or deliver subpar stringjobs (compared to other dropweights at least).

Yes, it's low quality compared to other machines, hence why it is cheaper. But it is still a viable choice if price is a priority.

flyingcords likes this.
  15. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I still use the good old eagnas. Last me about 20 years already. Lucky I dont have maintenance issue. It already strung thousands of rackets and still going. Wahaha.

Really cheap and good. ;)

16. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

I have bought years ago a pros'pro challenger 2, second hand, for 50€, I took away the shitt* fixed clamps and the clamp base, the strange blocker on the lever too, away taken, bought chudeck's side supports and have strung 150 racquets with my flying clamps with good results.

#56 flyingcords, Apr 8, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    SnowWhite likes this.
  17. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

I did pretty much the same. Didn't come with fixed clamps, but got rid of the blocker, and instead of replacing the side supports I just bolted them to the arms so they aren't loose.

Some time ago on the forum there was a post about a deforming base plate on a stringing machine. When thinking about my machine I just can't even imagine that happening. It's all heavy metal parts. Nothing about the mounting mechanism will ever bend or break.

People can complain about pro's pro, but it's the design that's subpar, the construction is rock-solid.