Buy a racket that compliments your strengths or make up for your weakness?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by MarketWizard, Jan 4, 2021.

1. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

88s is the best for me. If you check a few posts above this one, I go into more detail about it.

2. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    I’m in the same boat as you OP, or rather was. Used the 88s, bought the 88s pro.

now I’m taking badminton more seriously and training 6 days a week, I actually realized I like a racket that helps my weaknesses - which is producing power.
    I actually love the 99 now, and will probably put my 88s pro as recreational doubles.

not tryna hijack, just wanted to share my opinion.

3. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

Interesting. I sold my 99 because I couldn't get the timing right. I'd mis-hit so often. But I'm much better than I was when I sold it so unfortunately I can't try it again, but yea I bought the 88s pro. I kinda like it too. Very different from 88s though.

precrime3 likes this.
  4. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    Timing is crazy hard for the 99, but am training 6 days a week so I’ll get used to it soon. The control is comparable to the 88s, but 88s pro def beats it out slightly.

It’s not wicked fast but it’ll do for doubles. Good compromise for me atm

5. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

This is hard to say. Ultimately it's all about the racket that simply feels right. Also, if you play long enough with a certain racket, you will get accustomed to it.

In general, I'd say you should pick a racket that compliments your strenghts. Players have a certain playing style that normally is build upon their strenghts. You always try to make your opponent to play YOUR game.

I myself always get back to stiff (slightly) head heavy rackets. I have tried lighter rackets like Nanoflare 800 or Adidas Adipower duoforce (this is more towards head light instead of even balanced, for my feeling). They're really good for fast flat games and defence in doubles. But I always get dissappointed that my smashes are lacking. So I end up putting on some lead tape to make it head heavier. My play is based upon attacking and my smash.