Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

Lining have way to many series.
    In Indonesia they have Series:
    Aeronaut, 3D Calibar, Turbo Charging, Tectonic, Windstorm, Windlite, Air Force, G Force, Super Force, Super Series (SS), Jojo, etc......;)o_O

2. pughon

pughon Regular Member

Wow. As if we don't know that.

In my country Yonex also has several series:

Expensive, very expensive, less expensive, cheap, not very cheap, very cheap, not expensive not cheap, etc...

3. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

Seriously who cares if the rackets aren't hyped? The 9000c performs better than any other current high ends in the market imo. Sometimes the perfect balance and weight is more important than stupid tech that you can barely feel. And it's also a plus that I'm not one of the 80 percent of people in the club with astroxes.

Tabatchu, decoy and s_mair like this.
  4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

at some point i would agree with you. Most of the high tech stuff are just stupid marketing gimmic. A well build racket with a perfect fit spec would overperform any high tech Yonex had. & i also dont want to buy 88D just coz there is way to many player own it.
    But we are talking about business here. We talk about selling, money, & profit. Without those, any company would fall. To achieve that, it require marketing strategy. Lining are a great racket manufacturer but if they fail to catch our eye & lure us to buy, eventually Lining will collapse & that would heart breaking for sure.

5. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    You and me won't but a lot of people will, I do admit that Li Ning produces rackets that actually aid and enhance ability for most players. The problem comes when deciding which racket to buy, 7000, 8000 or 9000C? all have same specs. Tectonic 7 and 9 (4u) have same specs with minor upgrades like 76 holes, thinner shaft. Rackets are good but confusing to choose cause they are redundant.

I got 100zz(4u) less than a week ago and didn't get chance to try it in match situation but had only few easy hits and for now all I can say clearly is this racket felt slower in air compared to my N80 II (3u) and clearly stiffer, It feels nice, nimble, solid and promising to a good racket but not significantly better than N80 II especially given the speed tradeoff. My opinion may evolve as I am going to stick for a few months to 100zz, during that I am hoping to get one more speedier racket possibly TC80 or T9 (4u).

All I want to say is 100zz seems like a good racket but so far I am unable to feel the hype, or my sensibilities are not strong enough to resonate with such fine levels of detail. Coming to Li Ning they have 4 TC, 4AN, 4 TT with same specs and marketing team is doing awefully nothing regarding this [add to this the awefully low reviews for LN's], yonex only has only one 100zz. It will b very difficult for an average joey to choose a LN racket, It was for me 1.5 years ago and only reviews and advice from forum helped me choose.

6. Sushi Bear

Sushi Bear Regular Member

I have to agree, not to mention most club players go for the stiff rackets without considering their skill level. It can be one thing if you can make use of the "technologies" 100%, but let's face it we're not pros and player level is subjective. One may seem like a beginner, but in his perspective is already an intermediate. While I do appreciate that LN gives us a lot of choices, it is confusing as there are a lot of overlaps between models. As someone coming from YY rackets and want to go into other brands, I don't even know where to start cause specs can only give so much without actual testing which most people don't have the chance to be able to.

7. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

The way I see it, the high end aeronauts are pretty much the same racket with different balance and weight. It's like having an ax 88d with various balance variations in addition to just the overall weight. And yes, it's stupid that the 9000c and 7000b has the same spec. Given that the price difference is minimal if there's one at all, take it as a paint job choice? Like how YY has multiple paint jobs for the same racket.

8. Tabatchu

Tabatchu Regular Member

7000b and 9000c are not the same rackets. The difference is in the grip size. 7000b is 82.6mm while the 9000c is 79.4mm. From what I understand, the difference is in the head weight.

decoy likes this.
  9. Tabatchu

Tabatchu Regular Member

Here's the data I pulled from the North American Li Ning website for the advanced aeronaut racket family. Notice they are all different rackets with minute differences. Do you need so much choice where it creates more confusion. I don't think so. It can definitely use some simplification but guess that's the li ning way of doing it!!

Attached Files:

10. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Worth noting that the north american site uses standard 3u, 4u, etc. while Li Ning typically uses specific weight ranges +/- 1 gram. So the NA site will have way more racquets that look like the same specs compared to their international catalogue.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Tabatchu likes this.
  11. Sushi Bear

Anyone tried both the 9000C and Tectonic 7 and can give their opinion on either of the rackets. Rating of 1-10 in Power, Speed, Control would be appreciated as I've been hearing good things about them both. Thanks

12. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    You can check review by Volant

7C:

7I:

7:

7D:

Review by BRR.
    7:

7D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kPcdOGUy-k&list=PLhnEzj2ZHTVljOxGmPA2nLxuuhi7I7Nxz&index=36

Over very positive reviews.
    Fast and easy rackets with great stability and control.

Jeff Tho (Volant) likes this.
  13. Tabatchu

Tabatchu Regular Member

Tectonic 7 is an even balanced racket while the 9000c carries more weight in the head. Tec7 is more flexible, faster and very easy to play with. If you can handle the additional weight go for the 9000c. Top end power and control are better on the 9000c while speed and ease of use are tec7's attributes. Once you get used to the speed of tec7 and get your timing right the power is still there and your arm will thank you for choosing tec7 but all out power is better on 9000c.
    If you think a scale helps
    9000c power 10, speed 7, control 9, ease of use 8
    Tec7 power 8, speed 10, control 8, ease of use 10

14. TigerSmash

TigerSmash Regular Member

They are both S1 per the catalogue, 79.375mm.

15. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

Hmm interesting. I always felt the 9000c is a bloody fast racket for its spec. Similar opinions can be found in this thread. It's as fast as my previous arc 11 and significantly faster than n9ii.

Jeff Tho (Volant) likes this.
  16. Tabatchu

Tabatchu Regular Member

Yes. It is quite fast for it's spec. For me among the 3u rackets I used, the gold standard for speed is bravesword 12 and Nanoflare 800. When compared to those 9000c is not as quick hence the 7.

17. Sushi Bear

Interesting, if it is as fast as the arc 11 then I would say that is around the right speed for me. Current racket that I'm using is the 88s in 4u (2020) and felt that was too fast for my liking. While previous racket AX99 in 4u felt too sluggish. So something in the middle would be great. Another note to consider would be I am more arm than wrist type of player.

18. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Although the Li Ning temporarily "breaked up" with the national team, it still has the ability to surpass the Yones.
    The strong strength of its parent company is behind it, a strong design team and an invincible supply chain are what many friends and businessmen dream of.

http://bbs.badmintoncn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1451822

Very interesting read, author seems like an experienced person and his opinion also resonates with us that Li Ning needs better naming scheme.
    Looks like Li Ning will end old series and completely bet on AXFORCE, HALBERTEC, BLADEX. Shaft thickness will in 6.2-6.8 range for these series.

19. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

What a shame. They had good naming with the current line. Axforce sounds like astrox knockoff, halbertec sounds like some stupid sword from an rpg, and bladex sounds like a condom brand.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  20. Budi

Budi Regular Member

let just hope Lining didnt repeat the same mistake & releasing 10 racket on each model with total 30 different racket color with close to similar spec.
    3 racket on each model would be sufficient, or 4 at most if you insist to had more option. 1 high end, 1 mid end, 1 low end. & ofcourse add some salt to it, we hate to eat plain taste tho its healthy for us. Give us some stupid word. Its stupid but it matter to us when we want to buy thing.:p

Yves-bzh-29 likes this.