Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Because China Number One.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Father Parrot and boby like this.
  2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

lol...
    China sure does big country & Lining also acknowledge by many for their good quality racket. The big brand that stand equally with Yonex, Victor.

But even a Giant can fall & the bigger they are the harder for them when they fall. Remember Nokia & Blackberry....

Sad to see such great brand to fall just coz of bad marketing.

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Tbh marketing aside they don't have appeal either. Not at the prices they're asking for. Tbh of all their "new rackets" since the rebranding of the 3 lines. Only the 9000C IMO had any appeal at all to me.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

4. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Even that 9000C has same specs as 7000, 8000, just a great paint job.

These new lineups to me look like utter shitt crap knockoffs.

I am very happy about the 100zz order I placed yesterday.

5. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Are these going to replace the 3D Calibar, Turbo Charging and Aeronaut series?

6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Nope, I think AXFORCE will be a knock off of ASTROX, BladeX will be a knock-off of DriveX.

I am kind of disappointed with what I see in these lineups

7. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

My thoughts were AXForce will be an rebranded 3DC series, BladeX will replace TC and Halbertec will be the AN replacement.

The frame designs seem to support that thought with the Halbertec looking like an boxier AN frame and the other two pretty much similar to the TC/3DC.

I have to say I am looking forward to a revamp of the whole series, going for a more uniform naming scheme inbetween the different series.

As long as these are good looking and high quality rackets (which LN has been doing an exceptionally good job at, espc within the last 5 years) with price points that are not more horrendous than the current gen high end rackets I am sure there will be one or two landing in my bag in the not too distant future...

8. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Box, box and box(round?) or am I mistaken? are retiring the old series or these are just additional? If additional then are they contradicting with their old series and say their new series better than old?? WTF!!! What is wrong with their old series?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yenyesoh likes this.
  9. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

All I can see was

AXFORCE = Pure Box + Flexier 6.6 shaft
    BladeX = RoundBox + Stiff 6.8 shaft
    HalBertc = Box + Mid 6.8 shaft
    None of the pics reveal top part of frame.

where as
    3DCaliber = Hexagonal sword
    TurboCharging = Twisted trapezoidal sword
    Aeronaut = Round box.

I don't how you found similarity with (AXFORCE, 3DC) and (BladeX and TC)

There are a lot of new experiments to try,
    1, How about 5.8mm solid shaft
    2, How about thin solid frame + (aero shape experiments) to make really fast yet solid feeling rackets.

Idk, but there is a lot of space to experiment, I'd like companies doing such things especially LiNing with their superior production abilities.

10. llrr

llrr Regular Member

What LN needs is less but more unique racquets. They have a million racquets right now for sale. Too many options are separated by a couple of grams of weight or a few mm difference in balance. In some cases people can't even figure out the difference (AN7000C vs AN9000C?)

pughon and random123xxxx like this.
  11. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Actually they are already had uniquity on their product.
    Different frame on AN, 3DC, & TC.
    A hole on the frame in AN series.
    Tectonic with flex point on 4 & 8.

But they just fail to promote those stupid gimmic to makes it look like an super advance high tech thing. Unlike Yonex that are promoting Trivoltage, Rapidfire, Rotation Generator thing, Namd, Black Microcore, etc.

Father Parrot likes this.
  12. pughon

pughon Regular Member

I fail to recognize the difference within each line of Lining products too.

For example, I don't know what is the difference between Aeronaut 7000, 8000 and 9000. Or for 9000C and 7000C, their catalogue shows similar specs but some people say 7000C more suitable for single than 9000C.

However, in Yonex Astrox, 88s for double, 99 for single, 77 with medium flex shaft for most people, 66 with hi-flex shaft, 55 with lighter weight. Similar scheme for other lines.

#6172 pughon, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  13. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    I'll simplify the yonex side of things more easily and technically for you
    AX77- med shaft RTGS
    AX88D- stiff RTGS + Half body NAMD upto lower 1/3rd of the frame
    88S- mid stiff RTGS+ Half body NAMD upto 3o clock in the frame+5mm shorter
    99- Stiff RTGS+ full body NAMD
    100ZZ- Stiff RTGS+ Full body NAMD+ black micro core+ Compact frame+ shorter shaft
    88S Pro- mid stiff eRTGS+ Half NAMD+ squarish isometric head+ 5mm shorter+ shorter shaft
    88D pro- stiff eRTGS+ Half Namd+ squarish iso head+ shorter shaft

This is how they differ from Li Ning, whereas Li Ning would just rename the 4U variant of TC75C as TC80. Imagine even Yonex doing this :facepalm: & still they'll have lesser racquets than Li Ning. Yonex duly riding the trend 'minimalist' from years before

Hemanth Hariharan likes this.
  14. pughon

pughon Regular Member

Thank you but that looks more like 'complexify' than 'simplify'. o_O Btw 88x has NAMD only in the shaft, not up to somewhere in the frame.

Anw, I agree we are talking about how Lining fails to differentiate their rackets in terms of numbers within each line.

15. Tabatchu

Tabatchu Regular Member

I agree that li ning does have way too many models and some of the criticism is justified. But I would prefer to have the choice to pick the right spec than having a big variance. I bought 4 turbocharging 75's, 2 9000C and one tectonic 7 and the racket had the exact specs (acceptable withing .5grams) as mentioned. I was surprised at the consistency. On the other hand I had 2 100ZZ's which had a difference of 1.6 grams in the head weight and they basically played like two different rackets. I also had an extremely light 82 gram 88d and it didn't play like anything said on the reviews.
    If you have access to a store and can test the racket before buying it's a different story but for people like me buying online I find li ning's way better.

16. Budi

Budi Regular Member

sound to me that Lining paint their racket based on spec while Yonex just ignore it totally so the margin spec are bigger.
    But regardless Lining racket are top quality & no one doubt that yet their current strategy doesnt work very well for them.
    Remember when Victor about to release 90K? How many of us here talk about it & when it finally release, it become more heated discussion. So does with 100ZZ & recently 88 Pro. But Lining.... I dont even know if there is Tectonic if no one ever mention here & even so there is no hype on it. As if, ooohh yeah new Lining. OK. Fine. Nothing else to discuss.

We need something bright & shine to attract our pocket to spend our money & Yonex really good at it for sure.

17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

First of all, I think we are far too early in the process to say anything relevant about those upcoming rackets. Heck, they are not even painted yet and we don't now a thing about specs.

Apart from that, it looks like another classic Li-Ning move to cause maximum confusion. Instead of replacing their current lineup bit by bit with new rackets or to intruduce one new series at a time, they want to smash everything and build up their whole catalogue brand new. A marketing nightmare.
    Also, I'm missing the Tectonics to fit in there somehow. Do they want to finish that series after two releases?

And that they are going back to the good ol' Nxx naming for their strings now is just... o_O

18. pughon

pughon Regular Member

I had the same thought. For example, they produce racket x000 in mass production and they cast aside those rackets with stiffer shaft, more head heavy or less than 80g. And when the stack-up is enough, they will release with new D, C or I name :p

19. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Why Lining not just tell us some stupid marketing word.

"Our Carbon are melted with the power of star like how Thor Storm Breaker being made, makes it ultra durable" (admited Lining are the most durable racket than Yonex & Victor right).

"Our handle are made from the essence of Groot. The same handle used on Thor Storm Breaker. Very high quality & long lasting."

"Our String are made with the same tech as Hulk Pants. Its almost imposible to tear apart no matter how you stretch it or burn it." Well Lining #1 are the most durable thin string compare to BG66UM. Never once i snap LN#1.

That would attract our attention for sure.:p
    But why they just keep their mouth shut.

Smash the net likes this.
  20. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Because they only have their weights and the racquet name to speak of ;-p, and rest since the beginning has been the same, with some different renaming in recent years. I have already been dissappointed by the newer racquets release as the product names sound like ripoff of famous Yonex and Victor's product lines. But yeah nothing to bash if the product turns out to be great(which I am very less hopeful about)

Only racquet that's been famous in recent releases was the 9000C that also due to Watanabe and ZSW using it and not due to some different magic material in it. Starpower;):oops::D:cool:

#6180 Vivek Bagadhi, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021