Jetspeed JS10 Q

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Praj, Sep 7, 2017.

1. iAsianGuy

iAsianGuy Regular Member

i've played with the racket the past 2-3 years consistently and didn't have any issues.

yenyesoh likes this.
  2. budin9210

budin9210 New Member

[​IMG]
    hi. I want to ask which one is the actual frame for the js10. The left side looks narrower and the right is rounder. Two diffrent stringer but same tension 26x28lbs. Would it affect the frame structural?

yenyesoh likes this.
  3. budin9210

budin9210 New Member

4. budin9210

budin9210 New Member

Sorry pic as attached

Attached Files:

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hard to tell from that perspective. The left one looks veeery long though.

You can simply measure the length of the whole racket. It should be 675 mm from butt cap to the top of the head. The one that’s close to that is the one with the better head shape.

A deformed head will not necessarily damage your racket. As soon as you cut the strings and let it rest for a bit, it will get back into the original shape.

6. budin9210

budin9210 New Member

They are identical in length and all,except for the head shape, which makes me think that either one of them can be considered as a bad stringjob.

As per said,it is quite long but not to the extend of me thinking it is wierd. More like a zf2 head shape which i owned before. Or maybe it looks like it since it is from the same stringer lol

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Different head shapes will always result in a change in total length of the racket. The round one must be shorter than the other.

decoy likes this.
  8. budin9210

budin9210 New Member

I checked again and the length are almost the same, can be said negligible actually

9. decoy

decoy Regular Member

How negligible is negligible? In this case even something as small as 5mm could honestly make a noticable difference for the head shape.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

10. budin9210

budin9210 New Member

should be less than 1mm

11. Thang Nghiem

Thang Nghiem Regular Member

victor2.jpg
    Anyone had any luck with contacting Victor for sinking grommet issue? I bought this racket new from e78, first stringing and I can clearly see the indentation around the 5th & 6th grommets. I contacted e78, and they ignored me. Same with Victor Taiwan. I've heard they are shitty when it comes to stuff like this, but the S10 has perfect specs for me, so I took the jump, and now am experiencing this myself.

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That is the big risk if you decide to order internationally. Technically, e78 should be responsible to handle the warranty claim but it will be a huge hassle to having the racket sent back. Have you tried to go through Victor North America (https://www.victorsport.com/distributors.html)? Although you should be warned that they would not be happy to hear that you were importing a racket from HK if they are just remotely thinking the same way as Victor Europe. :rolleyes:

If you really can't claim warranty, you can still put in another U-shaped grommet there and just keep playing with it. With a bit auf luck and keeping the string tension in the mid 20's maximum, that thing could still last you for a long time.

13. Thang Nghiem

Thang Nghiem Regular Member

Thanks for your response. Ya at this point I don't have much hope in getting anything resolved really, other than trying to spread the string tension over something like a U-shaped grommet. Mid-20's are too soft for me, so if it goes, it goes. We've ordered no less than 20 rackets from HK/Singapore without any issues, and the significant savings over North America pricings are definitely worth it. I wanted to raise a point that e78 and Victor should take care of their customers better than ignoring the issues, and that the badminton manufacturing companies as a whole need to step up in the customer service department (I tried claiming a warranty with Yonex USA before, and even though the racket had issues, they still wanted me to pay shipping to and back). Most successful businesses these days just send replacements without questions asked, shipping included.

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Clearly, the big badminton brands are not known for having the best customer service in the world. Although to be fair, I have seen several warranty issues from club mates that were handled fine by both Victor (Europe) and Yonex (broken frames without contact, broken handles, a broken shaft :rolleyes:). It looks to me as if the deciding factor is how much the shop is pushing the claim towards the brands. Yonex is of course know for trying to knock down every claim possible if given the tiniest reason (wrong stringing pattern etc.). On the other hand, just imagine how many broken frames "without clashes" we would start to see if the companies were known to easily replace damaged rackets. Human beings are greedy b*stards if they can get anything for free.

From a business standpoint, it is understandable for Victor North America to not taking care of warranty claims for asian rackets. It's a seperate legal entity, so basically a different company than the one that actually sold the racket (Victor Asia). And since Victor North America surely isn't happy about customers ordering the much cheaper rackets from their "competitor", they surely don't want to reward anybody with replacing rackets that weren't even bought from them. Not a very customer friendly construction, but that's how the Victor world works. Victor Europe for example has issued a black with the known Asian sellers that enforces the customs authorities to block incoming shipments with products from Victor Asia.

It's a shame that they are not able or not willing to finally solve the sinking issue on the JS10. It's undoubtedly one of the best badminton rackets every made and they could sell another gazillion of those if they only came up with an unsinkable JS10II. I would be getting one in an instant.

yenyesoh likes this.