Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Sorry if I wasn't clear: I didn't mean resigning WOULD be an admission of guilt, more that there are people who would 'celebrate' it as proof of the prejudice/unfairness/discrimination etc. that is being claimed. Those people would claim a victory for all the conspiracy theories!

2. sen

sen Regular Member

Yeah, that's what I don't like about some of the people who just want to be validated right.
    Also some politician who just want to be viewed doing something but actually not going to benefit the sport or the players

RichF likes this.
  3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Good luck trying to tell another country how to handle the pandemic lol

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Don't know where they got 11 from, I skipped and may have overlooked a couple but only counted a few. Is that a parody site or sth?
    Also, we're talking about the guy who didn't serve at legal height a single time until the rule change came about. Just like Morten said at the end - Ahsan consistently gets faulted. However if I were the BWF I'd get an automated system running (that can't be intimidated by players either) just to shut up the somewhat reasonable parts of fan bases, really should be doable with modern image/video processing.

5. RichF

RichF Regular Member

So a Hawkeye for serves (it could probably already do it), I agree in many ways, but I feel a bit sad that we'd lose a human element...even if that element makes mistakes. Although those mistakes should be fewer now we have the new technology (2 sheets of perspex with lines on) to make the decisions objective!

I also thought Ahsan gets faulted a few times every match, bit unfair to single out the service judge and question his integrity like people have been.

Edit: that article says Ahsan got faulted 4 times (not many then) and it's Sampurna that says 11...so I guess he means Setiawan was faulted 7 times...or something/someone can't add up

Edit2: You know what'd be useful? If the BWF released the stats - the umpire presumably records faults etc. on his touchscreen so they must be available?

#3965 RichF, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    Cheung likes this.
  6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I dont think Hendra was faulted a single time. Definitely not 7. I don't know how short-handed they were with umpires, but to avoid exactly this kind of situation it would've been very nice to not send an English one into this match. Personally I absolutely don't think there was any intention to his calls (he also could've picked much better moments for them if that was the case), but in both match systems and umpiring one should always do the most to avoid even grounds for suspicion. Anyway, whatever the 11 faults describe, it wasn't this match, there were definitely fewer calls than that (I really think only the 4 on Ahsan).

Compared to hawkeye, the system could probably be a bit simpler. Only thing that comes to mind immediately is that you should definitely have at least one camera on each side of the court (to avoid the shuttle being obstructed) and a calibration marker at the correct height. For me, the human element in service judging is not a positive though, all it does is add inconsistency. They cant express personality as they hardly interact with the players or game, sometimes not at all.

decoy likes this.
  7. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Yeah, it does invite accusations, even if they're unfounded.

Maybe a hybrid then? For now automate the height rule (since it's still the most complained about) and leave the human to focus on other types of fault.

A cyborg service judge would look kind of cool (in my head I see Robocop!)

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

treating one as positive without one being positive is stupid. In entails 2 different things.

BWF can just allow them to board the bus and spray it after. Finished. Maybe you are not treated that way , so you didnt feel anything. Callous.

9. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    sitting or standing? haha...
    in addition to the current service judge system use a projector to project a line across the servers body @ 1.15m. then use video replay when a player is challenging the service judges call.

sounds like a cost effective addition that could be easily implemented. projectors are cheap.

Woesi likes this.
  10. RichF

RichF Regular Member

The bus does not belong to the BWF.

11. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Apologies for no further clarification on this as I avoid matches of English MD pairs like a plague.

12. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Some people have put some videos on YouTube just showing the faults - looks like there were 5 in total for Ahsan which over the course of 3 games isn't a lot for him since he gets faulted quite often anyway.

The "11" is simply not true.

I don't think Hendra was called even once for his serve?

If anyone really feels inclined to count for themselves here's the full match:

#3972 RichF, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    fufu27, Woesi and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  13. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

english player with english service judge, very well

14. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Yes, it is not ideal, but that does NOT mean the service judge is a cheat!

15. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Gloria/Hafiz is done deal not going to Tokyo? BWF sabotaged the Asian countries.
    Gloria/Hafiz is wasting their chances by losing so many tournaments before...

#3975 indrg, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
  16. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

I was watching an Ahsan/Setiawan match from Thailand randomly the other night (I forgot which one of the 3 tournaments it was). They did not play an English pair and there was definitely no English umpires there if I recall correctly. But Ahsan got faulted in that match too. So to say that the SJ was cheating for the English pair is a bit ludicrous.

17. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
  18. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Any reason why Kusumawardana/ Rambitan have no branding on their kit/racket?

19. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    Huge success for INA B Team, 4 titles and 2 runner up from Spain Master Super 300

XD
    Rinov Rivaldy/Pitha Haningtyas Mentari
    [​IMG]

MD
    Pramudya Kusumawardana/Yeremia Erich Yoche Yacob Rambitan
    [​IMG]

WS
    Putri Kusuma Wardani
    [​IMG]

WD
    Yulfira Barkah/Febby Valencia Dwijayanti Gani
    [​IMG]