Yonex ALL ENGLAND 2021 : R/32-Final (Birmingham, 17-21 March)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

For ?
    Red card is rarity nowadays.

2. baddiechan

baddiechan Regular Member

LOL Watanabe is funny or nervous, took the bag box with him to the other side :D

3. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Arguing with the judge. I think about the shuttle being too fluffy or something?

Baddyforall likes this.
  4. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

He behaved like an absolute tosser yesterday during XD, too.

j4ckie likes this.
  5. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

Not a rarity for Langridge :D

Gacon1234star, Baddyforall and j4ckie like this.
  6. Fosh

Fosh New Member

He got really frustrated that the shuttle wasn't being changed late into the third game. To the point he ignored the referee and attempted to show it to the camera.

He was saying it was spinning in the air and was clearly broken. The Japanese pair did flick serves repeatedly after this until the shuttle was changed which was ****ing hilarious.

Baddyforall and j4ckie like this.
  7. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    -

#287 Sundis, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  8. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

My bad, I thought this was about Christiansen.

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I dont know man, the way LYJ played today I would definitely not bet big money on Axelsen to beat him....and Antonsen is still out there as well :D

10. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student

Well, did the BWF (or the All England organiser) even inform everyone about the regulations from NHS before the tournament? Worse, if the organiser did, did the PBSI translated and fully inform the risk to the players before leaving Indonesia? Some Indonesian players are not even capable of speaking English. There is too much ifs and buts anyways.

You have to be fair then: everyone is then liable to this regulation of coming to the tournament last minute. The chance that there is someone in a plane having covid is high due to the number of cases. So then what, let's say 3-4 countries flying in a plane with people with covid cases.. Then who plays? Again... Ok.. this time is the Indonesians (with the barbaric netizens) plus the Turkish player(sad for her too); but what about others? What if this happens next time they do the tournament? Surely there has to be some kind of extra thinking into this.

Yoji, decoy and badito like this.
  11. chongyf

chongyf Regular Member

Senior System Engineer
    How can I watch Pearly Tan and Thina match?

12. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

Travelled halfway around the world to be in a condition like this not mistreatment enough? Somewhere someone messed up badly but its not ina team, they did everything correctly apart from not coming ten days early which the bwf or event organizer didnt mention to them in the first place.. If you still believe that they should know that they have to come at least ten days early, are others team except ina come there ten days early? Afaik one of turkish player was in the same flight so i doubt it..

imho you cant blame INA being crybaby if they wont play in AE anymore until everything is clear and transparent, its their only move

Yoji and badito like this.
  13. Fosh

Fosh New Member

You'd have to think next time they'll learn from this. This is still one of the first competitive tournaments to run during a pandemic so with such a challenge they shouldn't be completely trashed for making a mistake. It's unfortunate this happened at such a major event but at least it wasn't the Olympics.

decoy likes this.
  14. Bardie

Bardie Regular Member

Totally agree .
    Two comments on this. 1) There were also seven positive tests at the Swiss Open. A coach from Bulgaria and so Mitsova had to be eliminated from the tournament. One referee and five linejudges. All (!!) five linejudges were false positive, as it turned out later. Especially with "mass tests" it happens more often that tests are wrong. So you are absolutely right. If the second test is negative they all can play. I just think about if they test the positive passenger on the Indonesian flight also again. Just a thought! 2) It is absolutely correct that the team from Indonesia - like almost all the other teams - arrived at very short notice and of course did not comply with the ten-day quarantine, probably for cost reasons. But what would have happened if the German Open had taken place as planned? All players from Indonesia had reported there and the quarantine could not have been adhered to anyway!

j4ckie likes this.
  15. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    I do hope so, that is why I felt a bit funny, that this is such a backward step from the 3 Thailand Tournaments. They did it quite well, was right in many steps of the way, so why didn't do the same concept for the European tours?

Cheung likes this.
  16. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I do know one incident when players were given yellow card or red card even before the match started.

17. Bardie

Bardie Regular Member

It should have been the black one. After he got the red one, he continued to provoke and showed the supposedly defective shuttlecock into the camera and commented on it further. This is absolutely disrespectful!

aZn_Popcorn and necrohiero like this.
  18. Hickton

Hickton Regular Member

Arghh!! This BE TV streaming service is useless. It just ended the Watananbe/Endo v Nohr/Christiansen stream mid-way through the second game.
    Nearly every game I have watched since Wednesday has buffering or freezing issues. Hopeless.:mad:

19. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    In the first game he was playing so well against KV, I thought he will go far here. Unfortunate for him and badminton fans around the world.

Sundis likes this.
  20. Fosh

Fosh New Member

Does black mean they're disqualified? Has that happened before? Not like they had a hope of winning it by that point so them being disqualified wouldn't have mattered much. That's why I thought Chris was being particularly disrespectful. It was making me cringe at the end since I was supporting them.