HSBC-BWF WORLD Tour Finals 2020 : Group Stage-Final (27-31 January 2021)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

HOwhhh my gosh, wagering some money on the line (50$) on TTY to win (2.35).. 3rd game 10-15 down looks like a foregone concclusion. After 2 losses, just felt its the motivation that carried TTY through! man Marin is still a beast!

surely the best third game of the competition, it feels anyway. Nice to win deuce at 19-19 all.

2. tevster

tevster Regular Member

let's go TTY!!! TTY's mental fortitude is incredible, saving so many decider games from behind so often. Almost a little puzzling how often she loses focus during normal situtations :/

3. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Wow, what a come back by TTY. I thought Marin would pull away at 14-10. But TTY came back!

For Marin, maybe this is a good thing too, to lose, for the upcoming Olympics. If Marin walked into the Olympics thinking she was invincible, she could be upset at any given point. I think this loss will make Marin even stronger for the OIympics this year.

It's good to know that TTY and Marin matches will be entertaining in the future. For a moment, I thought Marin had figured out TTY. Seems like this isn't the case and their levels are very close.

4. lurker

lurker Regular Member

GOOD GAME!

5. LeoWP

LeoWP Regular Member

NICEEEEEE congrats TTY,

Any of you has the feeling that matches of TTY vs CM resemble the old time LCW vs LD.

Skills & Tricks vs Power

6. dr_strange

dr_strange Regular Member

I cant express how happy i am that TTY won, almost got tears in my eyes, got so nervous during whole match let alone the end of the third game.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah 3rd Game has so much tension in it!

TTY looked very nervous after the interval and the whole match I feel while Marin keeps attempting the move that injured her ACL like it never happened before - still scary to look as spectators!

so i feel Marin has more confidence than TTY. Its v close.

8. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Throwing my racquet in the Dustbin

samkool likes this.
  9. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    TTY manages to regain her composure and control in the last stretch of the game. Those drop shots and pushes were sublime. Aside from marin’s antics, noise, and behavior, you have to hand it to her physicality in being able to do backyard leaping forehand smashes (even after ACL repair)in the backhand corner to catch TTY off guard. Her varied attack to TTY’s body drew many mistakes, but ultimately were not enough this time for the win.

Always a joy to watch

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    What a smile from TTY.

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Wish I can play like AhsanHendra when i'm 37. can only dream about that.

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

What a world class match that presented by Marin and Tai Tzu Ying particularly deciding game. Both players eye US$120,000 prize money, it’s Tai TY who shows great fight to counter attack Marin and exploits her quality shots when it matter most, 10-15, 12-15, 17-19, the world number one grabs four consecutive points to seal the match, placing her shots into baseline.

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

No value on Axelsen vs Antonsen match , so lets go Seo Seong Jae!

14. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

My prediction about the Antonsen vs VA match today:

I suspect Viktor Axelsen will be playing at the same level he has been playing in the last 3 weeks. For Antonsen though, who knows what level he will play at. If Antonsen doesn't play at his best level, and Viktor isn't showing any mercy to a teammate, Viktor will steamroll Antonsen.

Antonsen better be coming with his best form today. If he plays like he did against Vittinghus last week, and Viktor doesn't mind embarrassing his teammate, I think Viktor will steamroll Antonsen. If Antonsen comes ready to play, I think the match could be interesting, although I would give the edge to Viktor right now because of Viktor's form.

15. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

I think this is probably the match between the 2nd favorite (Viktor) and to me, the 3rd favorite (Antonsen) to win the gold at the Olympics. Although Antonsen can also play really bad and blow it at the Olympics too because his game is so unstable and not consistent.

16. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I have seen her refusing few more times. I dont remember exactly which tournament. But it is a rare thing from her. 99.99% , she change immediately when request arises.
    But not the case with other players.

17. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

Tai clearly fed up with marin, more verbal celebration, refuse to change the shuttle, and for the first time she has that fierce look in her when usually she's just smilling around.

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Not really, maybe a bit like Peter Gade or Chen Hong vs LD... LCW was a freaking speed demon but not as outstandingly skilled as TTY imop. Maybe Taufik vs LD.

MilaRedkani likes this.
  19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah Axelsen is just huge favourite so theres not much to be placed. I mean if this is the number, I think Axelsen will win Olympics without Momota.

Only Ginting won a game from him these 3 weeks, i believe. There is higher chancw for Ginting to be disruptor compared to CTC/CL. but the top 3 i agree.

20. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Wow, a good start for Antonsen. Something I didn't expect. Let's see if Antonsen can hold his game up for the remainder of the match.