Even balanced options

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Ravi Lakhwani, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Ravi Lakhwani

Ravi Lakhwani New Member

Hi,

I'm an ageing intermediate player. Defence in doubles is my strength. I use Kawasaki Honor S6 and it has served me brilliantly over the past one year. I'm looking for an able secondary racket with similar properties - even balanced, medium-flex, 84-89 gms (including strings and an additional grip). I would love something which can be a tad more strong for smashes.
    I tried Turbocharging 08 Combat and it's too head heavy for my liking.
    Also, I don't want to spend as much as I did for Honor S6. It's awesome but quite expensive.

Thanks,
    Ravi

2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The Adidas kalkul A3 matches your specification and has served me very well over the last 18 months.

3. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    Never heard of a Turbocharging 08 Combat from Li Ning but I've heard of a 10C. If I knew the head balance for the 08, I could make a huge recommendation. The Honor 6 is really lightweight and I find the Turbocharging 10B to be a pretty good fit to give you a slight boost in power but not be overly head heavy. Also quite a bit cheaper than your Honor 6.

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

08 are low end lining series, tho its fine to play with regardless the spec which is very personal, but their low end paint quality are very bad.

5. Ravi Lakhwani

Ravi Lakhwani New Member

You are right, 08 isn't bad to play with, just too head heavy for my liking. In the even balanced catagory, how are Arcsaber Tours - 1000, 3300 and 6600.

6. Ravi Lakhwani

Ravi Lakhwani New Member

Tried Apacs Vanguard 11 as it fit my specifications well and didn't hurt my pocket much. Got Aerobite @26 on it and it's just the thing I was looking for. Clears are effortless and smashes are easier. I've hardly tried anything apart from 66 Ultimax as far as strings go but Aerobite seems better suited to my needs. Paint quality on Vanguard is poor but I didn't expect much. Apacs as a brand is definately something to consider in the future, especially with Yonex and Li-ning overpricing their offerings.

May Song likes this.