KAWASAKI Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by KWSKJP, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

P stands for player edition? because for the general public there is no 3u available of Fortius 10 power, so if Your friend is endorsed by mizuno may be he is almost as good as Ahsan :)

2. demoniez

demoniez Regular Member

Yes my bad. It must have felt like a 3U could be why it kept ringing in my mind it is a 3U. Come to think of it, didn't think the VTZF2 4U was that demanding as the Fortius 10 P. Maybe VTZF2 had the most compact of heads that makes it less demanding.

Ryan Abrenica likes this.
  3. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

Kawasaki Master 900
    After hearing so many good things about the Master 900, decided to see if there is anything that packs all that I could use it on any time and form. Kinda sick of alternating between rackets and trying all sorta brands. Finally received the racket 3 weeks ago.

Specs:

83.5g (4u), BP 301mm dry, Yonex BG66 Ultimax at 26 lbs, 2 knots, Around the world.

Dry Swing:

What I had received is the first thing that comes to my mind is the box which I have actually never seen any badminton racket that comes with a sturdy exquisite box which comes with a nice accessories which is so beautifully done that makes you fall in love! The unboxing experience if worth 10% of its price . The tech behind it is special mech frame throughout the entire inner frame which strengthens the entire structure indeed gave a very stable and solid feel. Kawasaki indeed delivers yet again.The special frame indeed makes it very aerodynamic and produces a swordish sound. Air resistance on dry swing is comparable to Victor Jetspeed, Auraspeed series. yet felt more solid similar to Mizuno JPX and Yonex Astrox series. This is a very interesting all round combination.

Gameplay
    : Power is pretty easy from base to base clears without feeling the stiffness and demand of a stiff racket. It is a solid, stiff and precise controlled feel with a good sweet spot that gives you confidence on each shot. It slices through air smoothly yet without any timing issues. Very easy one to get used to. It actually reminded me of a stiff Victor Jetspeed 10, confident on the defence, yet with an attacking feel of an Yonex Astrox.

The stiffness is just right without being demanding yet very precise and stable that gives what you want. I believe this is due to the special frame that gives a very stable foundation for such an all round and solid feel. No vibrations somewhat.

The stability and stiffness makes it very easy to generate power and notably precision despite the fact that it is more of an even to head heavy balanced racket. It is surprisingly very easy to maneuver for such a racket profile especially in defense. As feedback by other reviews, this racket is indeed great for continuously attacking play with its fast, solid and aerodynamic movement.It swings like a decent forecourt racket like the Yonex Nanoray and Nanoflare series due to its all-round capabilities and air slicing frame yet packs a punch on overhead attacks, flicks and net kills. On a hindsight, the frame does feel pretty slim for an attacking racket and yet not at the expense of maneuverability, which is also probably aided by the slightly semi oval frame. The contact over the net is very responsive as it leaves the string bed quickly without overly holding as seen in mid flex rackets nor overly repulsive. I really like the precision and control this racket gives me at the net.

Rating:
    Clear: 9 (Z-Speed as 8.5, Ax 99 4u as 9)
    Netting: 8.5 (Z-Speed as 8.0, Ax 99/88D 4u as 8.5)
    Defence: 9 (Z-Speed as 8.0, Ax 99/88D 4u as 8.5)
    Accuracy: 9.0 (Z-Speed as a 10, Ax 88D as 8.5, and 99 as 7.5)
    Drive: 10 (Ax 99 4u as 7.0 and 88D 3u as 8.0)
    Smash: 8.5 (Ax 99 4u as 9.5, 88D as 9, TK-F as 9, Z-Speed as 7).

Overall:
    This racket is easy to adapt and very attackingly all round, suitable for all sort of players, be it singles, doubles, attacking or defensive. You know doubtlessly it is an attacking racket from the start yet it surprises you in all departments. Just a simply wrist flick smash will release its prowess. Seriously I haven’t found an attacking racket that is so all round though I have a feeling this will be the new trend that other brands will soon follow.

4. Ryan Abrenica

Ryan Abrenica Regular Member

Lawyer
    Glad to have you point that out sir. My friend has the Black and Reddish Orange color Demo Version of the Fortius 10 Power. My fault writing it 10P instead of 10 Power. Did not know P stands for Player lol. Mizuno though do not indicate in the racket itself if it is 4U or 3U same as in my JPX Limited and my soon to arrive JPX Limited Attack which are 3U in Mizuno's website. The Fortius 10 felt 3U in my hands. My bad thinking the Fortius 10 Power is automatically a 3U. Thank you sir.

#184 Ryan Abrenica, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  5. Ryan Abrenica

Lawyer
    This makes me even more excited to receive the Master 900 3U and King K9 3U which should be arriving later this week. I am so happy with the Master Mao and is playing beautifully with it that I can't help but wonder how far Kawasaki will go if only they have pro player endorsements like the others. This Kawasaki community too is very accomodating and helpful. Merry Christmas guys and cheers to a better New Year for all of us!

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

what the.... You bomb every recent post with the same video...

7. pughon

pughon Regular Member

I have taken time to report every post.

speCulatius and Woesi like this.
  8. Thang Nghiem

Thang Nghiem Regular Member

Ryan, have you received and tried your Master 900 yet? If so, how does it compare with the Master Mao? I've tried/owned just about all top-end rackets from the big 3, including 100ZZ 4U, ARS98K, NF800 4U, 3D Calibar 900B, TKF, and even a Mao 18 ii (very solid but too heavy for me). If you can make a connection to any of these rackets, I would love to hear it.

Ryan Abrenica and Father Parrot like this.
  9. Ryan Abrenica

Lawyer
    Sorry buddy for the very late reply. I just received the Master 900 3U a couple of days ago and have not strung it yet. It will go head to head with the Master Mao and the Mizuno JPX Limited Attack and two 4U rackets in the 100ZZ and my old TK-F for the review. Give me a couple of weeks to play with it so I could make an informed judgement. I will include the MAO 18ii if it arrives on time.

How can you not love Kawasaki? They sent the rackets with a bunch of freebies because I was a repeat customer. Got 2 socks, 2 replacement grips and 6 KSB-65TI strings. They however made a mistake sending the K9 in 4U instead of the 3U I requested but promised to send the 3U version with a big discount. Just top notch customer relations from their flagship store. Great Job Kawasaki!

Attached Files:

10. raistian

raistian Regular Member

Did you buy through Aliexpress flagship store? I'm interested in giving Kawasaki a go, but haven't been able to find their racquets in shops in Melbourne.

11. jtessierp

jtessierp New Member

reteire
    Hi, Raistian, i bought three Kawasaki rackets from Kawasaki officiel store and one from Green Suger sports. These stores are on Aliexpress and you can thrust these stores

raistian likes this.
  12. Smash the net

Smash the net Regular Member

Has anyone tried kawasaki badminton shoes?

13. Islubio

Islubio Regular Member

Anyone able to provide a comparison between js12m & honor s6?

Having not played in over a year. With my js12m I m feeling a little hard to generate power and there am wondering would the s6 be more flexible then the 12m and allow easier power generation.

14. mille

mille New Member

Does anyone know if Kawasaki uses a different standard of grip measurement? It says G1 on my super light L3 but its nothing near that, its so thin i cant even play with it comfortably.

15. Islubio

Islubio Regular Member

G1 is equivalent to yonex g5. My spider 9900 ii feels very similar to my yonex with g5 grip

16. mille

mille New Member

Thanks for the info, do you play with the original grip or did you add another one?

17. Islubio

Islubio Regular Member

For me I like thinner grip. So original grip removed. Electrical tape and 2 layer of cushion wrap and overgrip.

18. Father Parrot

Father Parrot Regular Member

19. pughon

pughon Regular Member

When will this racket be available? The paint job is just gorgeous.

Attached Files:

#199 pughon, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  20. Islubio

Islubio Regular Member

pughon likes this.