Shoes with best comfort/support

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Tec07, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

Hi all looking for some reccomendations, currently wearing aerus 3's but find them lacking in comfort.
    Ive ankles that have been rolled too many times to count and an aching old knee so looking for something with good cushioning/comfort and support?

2. puttguy

puttguy Regular Member

Try the Victor SH-S80SD, they're a little taller by the ankle offering more support than the YY Aerus 3

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

3. khoai

khoai Regular Member

Both shoes you guys mentioned are in the 'speed' category which has the least cushion/support. Yonex and Victor shoes are now separated in 3 categories:

- Speed: lightest, fastest, least cushion/support. Yonex Aerus and Victor S.
    - All-around: medium support. Yonex 65, Eclipsion and Victor A.
    - Comfort: bunky, heavy, lots of cushion/support. Yonex Comfort Z and Victor P.

So you can try to go one up to all-around to all the way to comfort.

London_Player and intrepid like this.
  4. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

Thanks both will take a look online this evening :)

5. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

I actually just posted the picture in the "Show us your badminton shoes" thread.

Anyways I used to use the Aerus 3 and migrated over to the 65z2 shoes. Like you, I also found them lacking in comfort. They are definitely great for speed, but with my badminton level, I'm not winning any tournaments. There's no reason to try and eek out a little extra speed to risk injury, so I went over to the 65Z2. It's probably the best piece of badminton equipment that I own and provides the most utility. And they look GREAT too.

Attached Files:

Tec07 likes this.
  6. dickography

dickography Regular Member

7DBF45A0-914D-4CB9-91DA-98268BF58E67.jpeg
    newest comfort/support lineup by victor.

since hendra setiawan/moh ahsan now in victor side, they probably gonna wear this.

7. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

^ Those do look pretty cool

8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

no... They will use the special edition, hello kitty edition along with the new edition Doraemon:D:p

9. dickography

dickography Regular Member

Hahaha... anyway from photoshoot they seem are using A950 white-red new color.

and Auraspeed 100x rackets. just maybe

10. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

I have a meniscus tear in my knee. Using Yonex Comfort Z2 didn't help, but when I change the insole to Dr. Kong, it realy helps a lot. Usually after play badminton, the next day my knee would hurt , but after I change the insole, my knee didn't hurt anymore.
    So my suggestion to you, get the best comfort/support shoes and change the insole to a 3rd party brand that offer best shock absorption.
    It surely gonna make your shoe a lot heavier, but you can keep playing the sport that you like :)

11. Dinesh K Nair

Dinesh K Nair New Member

Any view on Lining Sonic Boom 2020? I really liked it's shock absorption. Trying to compare Yonex eclipson X vs Lining

12. Basquests

Basquests Regular Member

Yep, I had an injury, so started using superfeet oranges, as well as thorlos socks.

Unfortunately, we only find the good supportive gear when we get injured, and in many cases, people still don't find professional help / address the issues causing the injury.

Not just for recovery, I'll keep using them when I'm healed too, such excellent protection - you simply cannot rely on having good support from court shoes, even if its the high end shoe in the 'supportive' lines.

Scott Kam and Iwan Pandin like this.
  13. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

Yup. Totaly agree with you. The injury I have is an accumulation of years playing badminton, not a trauma or accidental. If I can turn back time, I would use good supportive shoes as early as possible.

14. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Guys : Any of you try Li Ning Gryfalcon 2, Li Ning Cool Shark shoes before ?

15. Briyanihayakawa

Briyanihayakawa Regular Member

ASICS Court Control FF2 or the Gel-Blast for comfort for sure. The Gel cushioning on these shoes are something especially if you need the support like their running shoes

16. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi bro : So means ASICS Court Control FF2 or the Gel-Blast is better than Yonex SHB 65 , Li ning High end players model and victor high end model ?

17. imataquito

imataquito New Member

Yeah curious about this....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

18. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    The Yonex Comfort Z3 offers the best cushioning and support in today' times,coming from a heavy player and somebody who has the FF2,Victor P9200, 65Z I find the Z3 the best.In face its predecessors the CFT Z also was the best in the business when it was launched.If only any of the other companies could find an answer to the Z3 superior cushioning and support,it would make things interesting.Till then if you are a heavy player with al the tears and joint degenerations,look no further

19. MykeSD

MykeSD New Member

I really like lining's sonic boom series. So much cushioning and doesn't leave my feet sore after hours of badminton.

20. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    I have a ankle problem on my left foot and my tendon flares up if I play too much.
    What shoe do you recommend? I'm currently using ASICS Gel Tactic but it's few years old. I do wear a compression sock on my left ankle during Badminton sessions and it helped a lot with Achilles tendon pain.