KIZUNA STRING

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by bjt1, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Curvy

Curvy Regular Member

Z63X in my opinion isnt much different from non JP Z63 which is soft. The JP hardcover Z63 is a completely different animal. The hardest kizuna is Z61 but it has a rather flaky coating that peels off easily.

2. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    One of my customer passed me kizuna Z63x. When I strung it, I feel that the characteristic of the string is similar to zymax 62F.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

3. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

Is it true that z64 has been replaced by the z65?
    Are there any reviews for the z65

4. getajob

getajob Regular Member

MANAGING DIRECTOR
    Z64 no longer in production.

5. BennDaVinci

BennDaVinci Regular Member

My Review For Kizuna Z63x (Premium)

Strung At 29x27 On My Duora Z Strike 3u G5.

First Impressions was easy to use, sound is amazing perhaps a combo of bg80 and bg66um tones. Power is way better compared to Ashaway Zymax 62 Fire. Durability wise i cant tell yet just used it for 5 sessions still standing strong. I think i would prefer this over aerosonic and ultimax. Price is alright. Power is somewhere ultimax. Easy to control and generate power.

binoyvs and getajob like this.
  6. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

So, Z63x is better than 66UM,66F,AS, and LN No.1 ?

7. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I’ve now tested Z58 premium and I like the high frequency sound, but it doesn’t take Aerosonic on crisp feel for me!

8. samhuda

samhuda Regular Member

any review on d61?

FikRay and BennDaVinci like this.
  9. steven8991

how does the string (Z58) perform up until now?

10. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I just got 5 pices of set and they are gone now. Wont buy them agian, they didn’t really feelt thinner than AS and the coating was more fragile than AS. Can't find any reason to exchange them against AS.

11. what07

what07 Regular Member

Anyone tried the D61, the ratings out of 10 seem too good to be true. I'm down to my last 10 sets of original zm62 so I'll be needing a replacement in the next few months. Tried a few sets of aerosonic but I broke them too fast so I can't justify the cost of switching over. The ratings for the D61 seem too good to be true tho.

binoyvs likes this.
  12. samhuda

samhuda Regular Member

i have try d91 and seem so far so good. the hitting sound crispy and tension maintenance a bit better than aerosonic so far. been palyed a month still not broken eventhough my tension only 24/26.

13. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

initial feel z63 is the best followed by 61

65 is for long term use

#53 It'sMeMeMe, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    binoyvs likes this.
  14. steven8991

what is the best repulsion and hitting sound between Z58, Z63, and D61?
    I don't mind about the durability.

binoyvs likes this.
  15. samhuda

samhuda Regular Member

d61> z63 > z58

binoyvs and what07 like this.
  16. mikaltch

mikaltch New Member

N.b I am aware of the fragile coating issues. This was apparently only on the initial batches and have now apparently been fixed. This is what my stringer told me. I have also noticed that I no longer have weird coating problems on my strings. Perhaps make sure that the place you're buying from has fresh stocks.

Been using D61 (Z61 depending on region) for at least 5 months exclusively. Gone through about 20 sets of string. Previously using Aerosonic for 3 years at around 28/29lbs. To get them both to play similar, I have to add 1lbs to D61. I've also tried Z58 which I didn't like as it feels like a dull version of Aerosonic.

Using Li Ning TC75D (4u, slight head heavy, stiff shaft) - Kizuna D61 30lbs
    Using Nanoflare 800 (4u, even-light balance, stiff shaft) - Kizuna D61 29lbs
    I play mainly doubles about 4 times a week and prefer a control game over a power game. Also prefer mid to front court.

Durability:
    Aerosonic lasts me 4 sessions (1 to 1.5 weeks) before it is too worn out and I have to cut.
    D61 lasts me 1 month before it becomes too bouncy and loses it's crispness and I opt to cut. D61 is therefore about 4 times more durable than aerosonic for me.

Power:
    Aerosonic provides easy access to power- good for snappy wristy (short sharp motion) players. I'd say can access power 7-10 in linear increments.
    D61's access to power is easy, but slightly harder (maybe 10%) than Aerosonic. There is also a big sudden jump from power 7 to 10/11 when the shot is hit very well. This means that it is harder to control how hard you hit, even on the softer touches too. Hence I had to increase my pounds by 1, and I still can't get it to feel like Aerosonic.

I find that the shuttle also leaves the string bed faster for Aerosonic, whereas D61 has a very short hold period.

Control:

Both strings are quite slippery. D61 has a bit more texture. i think this is because the string is compressed in an elliptical shape due to the spiral construction of the 2 separate component strings (i think aerobite boost is constructed the same way too). This gives D61 better spin on slice shots, but less forgiving if you don't hit the straight shots cleanly as it ends up robbing you of power in favour of some spin.

I find the difficulty in controlling the power of the D61 more than offsets the increased control of the D61 due to it's roughness. Tight shots are noticeably much harder to control (net shots are looser and it's harder to aim for corners and down the line), but slice shots are steeper and more consistent than Aerosonic.

Shock:

At relatively high tension, shock and feel becomes important. The feel of Aerosonic is a nice kind of vibration in that it is constructive feedback of how the shot was struck. It's also very inspiring. D61 on the other hand, is a less pleasant shock when it is struck hard or off-centre. This is not to say it is bad, because Aerosonic sets the bar very very high. D61 is still a very crisp string, but goin from AS to D61 does remind me of when I switched from 66UM to 66 Force at one point many years back.

Hitting sound:

Hard to say. I think Aerosonic pings at a higher frequency for the same tension, but not too sure now. Both sound really nice but i think aerosonic is better.

Conclusion:
    The only reason I switched to D61 from Aerosonic was because durability was an issue for me. Stringing every 4 sessions was terrible and I could live with the downsides of the D61. For the way I play and my racket preferences (shaft stiffness and head balance), I don't think D61 brings any advantages over aerosonic other than the ridiculous amount more durability it gives me at about 90% the performance of Aerosonic. What I miss about Aerosonic is the control of my shots since its harder to control the power of the D61 and the feel of my shots.

That said, D61 would be my 1st choice string over any other string if Aerosonic were not available.

#56 mikaltch, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    Okaharu, binoyvs, Curvy and 5 others like this.
  17. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

#57 Rob3rt, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  18. Mac Yap

Mac Yap New Member

I have tried Z58 on my ZF II, and it's awesome. Smash, drive, hitting sound are really nice.

binoyvs likes this.
  19. luke_amateur

luke_amateur New Member

I tried the Z63X today, and below is my review for your reference.

My background
    - Club level / Intermediate player.
    - Tension: 25-27lbs
    - Currently using: Mizuno Ltd edition with Lining No.1
    - Play style: Doubles / Back court / Balanced

The Z63X compare to Lining No1
    Repulsion: Z63X > No1 (only when you sweetspot consistently)
    Slipery: Z63X is more slipery surface than No1
    String off grid: Z63X is easy to fall off-grid, especially after a slice shot.

My review on Z63X
    • This string has a ridiculous repulsion, but only perform it when you hit the sweetspot on every shot. When out of sweetspot, it feel like a dull string with no power generated. It's like Mishit = 4/10. Sweetspot hit = 11/10 of repulsion.
    • I personally don't like slipery string. It makes the shuttle leave my racket head too fast and hard to control on the net plays. Besides, because of the slipery, thin gauge, this string is easily fall off-grid.
    • Z63X also feel quite soft to me. Make it even more hard to control the shuttle.
    • I think this string is suitable with Singles, which you can play slow, perform good shots, and don't need to play precisely on the net.
    • Overall, I'll continue to stick with my No1.

20. Mcth

Mcth Regular Member

I am going to get mine tomorrow........ :eek: First time try also z58 on zf2