DANISA Denmark Open I 2020 (World Tour Super 750)

Discussion in '2020 Tournaments' started by samkool, Oct 9, 2020.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Low body fat shows off muscles more, but LCW was thin even in his prime. Never weighed more than 75kg I'm guessing, official stats had him below 70 iirc. Put them side to side and I'm pretty sure Lamsfuss' measurements aren't much smaller (maybe his legs). I'm curious why this doesn't come up with other big hitters who are actually thinner, or at least I never saw anyone characterize LJH as frail :D

2. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

I'm pretty sure if you put Lcw n Lamsfuss side by side you'll see that one has a lot more well-defined n well-toned muscles than the other:D

As for other big hitters but thin thing....i dunno really....maybe when i watched them play in the past i don't really 'feel' their smashes are that scary perhaps.....whereas watching this Lamsfuss play was like WTH is going on such thin body no muscle in sight such big smashes (scary efficient n real fast) instantly came to mind

Like if you see Lamsfuss jump smashes n compare it to like LJH smashes you'll be like wth is this electric pole LJH doing.....his movement like kinda weird.....smashes gone flat....fast like normal fast....then you see Lamsfuss then like this is beautiful

Hmmmm so dunno really ....what i know is that i probably gonna be stalking his matches from now on.....though isabel herttrich may sour it a little somewhat

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm sure LCW will look more impressive, but that's mostly due to his extremly low body fat content, not the size of his muscles. If you were to increase LCW's BFC to the same level as an NFL player of similar height and put them next to each other he'd look like a starving kid, for example....
    I haven't seen a single picture of Mark with his shirt off so I can't say for sure, but with the shirt on he looks to be at least as wide as LCW. He's 14cm taller - that's a huge height difference. LCW probably still had more muscular legs at the end of his career (and definitely in the 2006-2012 era), but his upper body is nothing to write home about regarding pure muscle mass. The impressive part was always his extremly low BFC, most other players wouldn't be able to keep it that low consistently and still perform/keep their muscle mass stable.

I'm sure part of why you find his smash so impressive is also that it's mixed, the defenses are a lot spottier than in MD. He also seems to have very good choices on attack, rarely smashing all out when he's not in a good position, often waiting for a slightly short lift before really turning up the heat. I watched some of his MD with Marvin Seidel and the smash really didn't blow you away there, better lifts and stronger defenses, I guess.
    Also, LJH definitely has at least comparable smash speeds, if you don't find his smash impressive that's mostly your perspective. LJH is consistently one of the hardest smashers on the tour, I'll agree that he doesn't make the most of it sometimes and loses the angle. Goh VS is probably a good analogy for Lamsfuss, similarly unassuming physique but a very effective smash. I'm always a bit surprised when GVS smashes, he's also fairly thin and compared to other hard smashers tends to not rotate his upper body that much. I really wish I had a rotator cuff and shoulder like that :D

4. It'sMeMeMe

Yes yes GVS the most similar yes
    I'll watch his Md to find out more though i think you might be correct it was a combination of fast ball bad Gabby n his efficient smash

He doesn'/ really have big swing when smash

As for LJH nah i still don't like him ahhaa

5. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Lamsfuss frail and thin? Not sure who you are watching, I see a strong, fit athlete.

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Probably depends on cultural and environmental factors, basically what a person's used to. To some people Gideon looks a bit fat, to others he just looks fit. Same applies here I guess. Or maybe a slightly unfortunate choice of words, frail seems a bit strong, but I'm guessing English is their second language as well

7. It'sMeMeMe

You read my mind

8. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
  9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Sumanth99 likes this.
  10. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

We'll see Asian Leg in January, first ever cluster badminton tournament in COVID-19 era.