DANISA Denmark Open I 2020 (World Tour Super 750)

Discussion in '2020 Tournaments' started by samkool, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Yeah but nishimoto cannot be compared to antonsen or ctc in consistency atm. Antonsen and ctc top 5 guys, they're more consistent. Nishimoto needs to do more in my opinion he needs to be more consistent , then if present Gemke beats that consistent Nishimoto then people will think that's "just a bad day"

Cunning Linguist likes this.
  2. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

give him more time, he's just left his club recently

3. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I'm afraid changing club is not going to be a magic solution. :(

But who knows!

4. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

NO has been very impressive so far... she smashed all her opponents. Tomorrow should be a little bit more complicated though but I think she will win.

badmintonpog1 and Sumanth99 like this.
  5. terrynguyen121988

^-^ who knows!

As a fan, I'm happy that Nishimoto do all the things that I "want" him to do. In my experience, I believe he can improve his weak when changing "environment".

LenaicM likes this.
  6. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

oh the russian pair, long time no see

i saw they put ms the last match before anan won chou and ellis lose. If ellis won xd, his match should be first and last

[​IMG]

7. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

CTC should swallow some pride and get a coach already.

Everyone, including elite T5 players have many things they can still learn, and having someone else to provide objective insights and strategic/tactical ideas can really make the difference in a tight match. I think this is part of the reason TTY has reigned supreme for so long while CTC has had to settle for distant second for as long as people can remember.

visor, Justin L and Sumanth99 like this.
  8. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Some truth to that. I wonder if he would get better results with a coach.

Although his recent results including 2019 are the best of his career with 5 finals, 3 wins including the super 1000 of Indonesia. Yet like TTY, he is missing a medal in what some called the major tournaments.

Justin L likes this.
  9. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

yes, a part, but a small part

tai was a child prodigy with potential to be the best. When she can be consistent, she stays at the top

chou is consistency too but i think he's just a bit better than son wan ho. No good days, no bad days. All normal "runner up or semi final" days. Who can beat the best mo? gint, shi, anan or even vik. Maybe some unknow underdog. But chou? nah.

samkool likes this.
  10. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

Always gracious to opponents, yet hard on himself, JØJ pushed himself to the limits and beyond... and in doing so took the likes of Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei all the way to the brink time and time again.

"He has taught me to always be cautious. I do not take him or any other opponents lightly when I’m in the lead.” said Lee Chong Wei, in speaking of Jan's imminent retirement.

He brought heart and spirit to the tour for many years, and we shall miss him.

Happy retirement Jan Ø!

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINALS (12.00pm) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...15A629-1E6E-4CF5-BB3B-8BA4A14B0C87&d=20201018

DANISH DELIGHT
    Kenneth Jonassen must be proud of his protege who performing superbly, dominant over their semifinal rivals. First, Rasmus Gemke outclasses the passive Kenta Nishimoto who can't stem Gemke solid attacking shots. The Japanese was too much to lift the shuttlecock that punished by his opponent hard smash, obviously couldn't develop the usual long rallies patient style. Second, Anders Antonsen defies the odds, only pocketed a victory of seven encounters prior to yesterday's match, the young Dane offers different formula to apply smart tactical game plan, exploiting some surprising placement plus excellent netplay that troubling world number two most. Chou practically quite ran out of idea rather than being dictated almost entire duel. Anders Antonsen is ready to shine at home soil, first ever Super 750 title in his badminton career. More notable point, Denmark has three reliable MS players, promising prospect ahead Thomas Cup next year.

CLASSIC CLASH
    Both Carolina Marin and Nozomi Okuhara are destined to face off in Odense dream final in WS category, surpassing semifinal round smoothly. Marin offensive style will be tested by the very steady defensive Okuhara, badminton fans should be entertained by world class action after seven-month missing. The highly-confident Olympic Champion passed arduous test in last eight when she have been penetrated and resonated with frustration to face Zhang BW, her attacking shots were blunt, finding deadlock to break Zhang rhythm. Meanwhile the Japanese is widely known to show tenacity, fantastic retrieving skill with minimum unforced errors. These two prominent ladies met at last year Denmark Open semifinal, Okuhara took three games to beat Marin, will it be a repeat or reversed script today?
    • A prestigious showdown between two Japanese renowned pairs, two-time World Champions Matsutomo/Nagahara are favoured to top podium considering their more convincing performance against struggling former champions Fukushima/Hirota, they trailed behind 7-15 against local rookies yesterday before tuned in real color gradually while world number three combination tame Stoeva sisters without any setbacks, 21-17, 21-8.
    • Fairytale ended for home youngsters Eipe/Kjaer, losing experience to Englishmen Ellis/Langridge who will tough final challenge, 2016 All England winners, Ivanov/Sozonov. Head to head stats favour to Russian duo as Rio OG bronze medalists never won in four previous meetings, perhaps this time they break the record.
    • A perfect story Lamfuss/Herttrich if they could snatch champion title here. The fourth seed German pair look impressive how to conquer leading contenders Ellis/Smith who displayed quite bad in rotation. Another English pair will be their stumbling block, The Adcocks who trying to rectify their lacklustre form.

It'sMeMeMe and terrynguyen121988 like this.
  12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

For the winners, congratulations. Its SSP and it wont be any less, just because others didnt participate. Just like all the tournaments in the world. Will it be Maiden title for EllisLangridge or 2nd SS title for Ivanov/Sozonov. Are we going to see the iconic celebrations again?

The pandemic taught us that all the tournaments are important, even more so now. Gotta keep ringing in the bucks. This isnt the era where OG matters that much anymore, imo. Has been like that for few years, can see it even before the pandemic comes.

#172 Yoji, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  13. terrynguyen121988

I wonder why Denmark Open II didn't go on.

Everything is fine.

It's pity for players who lost to the first round in Denmark Open I. Some of them take a long fly to come to Denmark and they have to get 14 days quarantine when landing home.

14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah , how many SS titles have CTC won? 4/5? A veteran like him with his muscle bodied, thought he will double digits titles. Yeah, you can say same story with SWH. They are what you called a veteran now i guess.

Still, should have made the most of this opportunity. He is the favourite considering AA was injured in AE, no matter how long it has passed.

15. lurker

lurker Regular Member

16. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

That rally shoyld've been the final rally of the match damn.... 111shots

17. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

Lol service fault ahaahahaha

18. lurker

lurker Regular Member

any idea what band is Okuhara wearing on her arm?
    she don't hv a watch, so i doubt is some kind of HRM

I hope it's not a diabetes arm band

19. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Gill apparently asked her. It's a fitness tracker.

lurker likes this.
  20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Congrats to NO for finally breaking her curse of losing finals again and again, and against Marin to boot...very nice to see her back on top of her game! I hope she can stay healthy and go into the Olympics in the same kind of shape, and maybe even contest the final in her home country...what a rare opportunity that would be!

Glad to have seen at least some international badminton again, even if a large part of the world was missing still. Hope that the precautions were sufficient and none of the athletes or coaches caught something...

badmintonpog1, LenaicM and Sumanth99 like this.