KAWASAKI Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by KWSKJP, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Tai Yuan Sin

Tai Yuan Sin New Member

Interesting, so your rating suggests that it is equal and slightly better than the auraspeed 90k. Can you go slightly more into detail for the comparison to the 90k? Also how does the overall speed/maneuverability compared to the other kawasaki rackets

2. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

A closer comparison would be speed category rackets like JS12. 90S as well but i haven't played long enough to rate it. But surely i like 90K more than 90S. 90K is stiffer and slightly more demanding on technique to maximise its output. S7 is above medium flexi yet still felt a little stiffness and more easy to handle. 90K is more attack oriented. S7 is good for players who like a bit of flexibility like a catapult effect to produce power. So i am not saying it is better than 90K but i like what S7 offers me. I like the overall slightly more solid feel in 90K more.

KWSKJP and demoniez like this.
  3. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Ta, have you tried the S6 for comparison to S7?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

4. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Really depends on what you looking in your next racket and what your current ones are missing.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

5. Tai Yuan Sin

Tai Yuan Sin New Member

Hi bro, I see that you are from Malaysia too. Which shop did you get it from?

6. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

Bought it online from Facebook. Seller is Penang based guy

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

7. Eix82

Eix82 Regular Member

I'll write my experience so far with Kawasaki rackets. I'd consider myself somewhere between a beginner and an intermediate, also I'm not very physically strong, I'm more of a defensive runner and trying to win by shot placement and outsmarting the opponent, rather than strength. So you know where I'm coming from, when I talk about the rackets.

First I got myself the Honor S6. Honestly it was love at first touch. It's a very lively racket and for me, the stiffness is just right. It's not too stiff, so it's not demanding and tiring, but it's stiff enough, to allow good touch and accuracy. Especially in flat rallies, it was really nice to put pressure on the opponent, it really rewards quick sharp hits. However I found it a bit too light for me, as especially long clears started to suffer a bit (my technique is not perfect, so I need a little bit of mass to help with the long clear). My S6 was around 87g (strung and with factory grip), with headweight of only 37g. So i'd consider it more a headlight racket.
    In the end I added about 2g of leadtape to the top of the frame (to make it more headheavy), and now I really like it. It still has the lively feel, but now it has the bit of additional mass to help with the long clears and smashes and I feel it's the right compromise for me.

Next I got myself the King K8 when I saw a good deal on it. It's also a very good racket and I feel the potential in it, but at the moment I feel it's a bit too stiff and I need to grow a bit as a player to have both better technique and a bit more power. But like I said, i feel the potential, so it stays in my bag as an encouragement to get better and every once in a while I do use it, but so far I have ended going back to my tape-tuned S6. This one I measured to weigh 87g with a headweight of 40g (strung and factory grip).

Finally I bough the Ninja 66 Tour+ as I wanted a similarly midstiff racket as the S6 (to be a secondary racket, should the strings snap on the S6 etc), but headheavier, so I would not have to use the lead-tape. In the kawasaki racket matrix it's even shown to be slightly stiffer than the S6. However it's noticeably flexier and so far it feels duller to play with than either the S6 or K8, it doesn't have the sharp ping of the S6, neither the stiff accuracy of the K8. I'd not necessarily call it a bad racket, but while I have so far only played a handful of sessions with it, I feel like I'm forcing myself to give it a chance, while I would be happier with either of the other rackets. So this one I'm not feeling so far.
    This I measured to weigh 87g again, with a headweight of 39g (again, strung, with factory grip).

#127 Eix82, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Croavistar, ShinIori, KWSKJP and 5 others like this.
  8. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

Kawasaki Ninja 66 Tour+
    This is my promised review of the Kawasaki Ninja 66 Tour+ racket. This is one of the new 2020 launch from Kawasaki.

Specs:
    83g (4u), BP 295mm dry, Yonex BG66 Ultimax at 26 lbs, 2 knots, Around the world.

Dry Swing:
    Subtle green “Ninja” themed decals surround this black beauty, would say not overly audacious and a decent start to the new Ninja series. The tech behind it is an ultra slim blade frame that is extraordinarily slim and chiselled frame with a very unique concaved interior which personally have not seen it before. This is said to enhance the overhead swing speed especially from the onset.The frame indeed makes cuts through the air sharply with a pinch of head heaviness suggests a fast attacking racket.

Gameplay: The slim shaft certainly enhanced the control and feel. Power is pretty easy from base to base clears without feeling too flexible nor too stiff. Just about the ideal stiffness. The unique and slim blade frame seems to enhance the solid feel and control. It has a larger frame than usual rackets giving it a big sweet spot. Not demanding to be exact even though there is a pretty obvious top-heavy feel. The unique frame makes it extremely aerodynamic during smashing and together with the top heaviness makes it very attack oriented. The added aerodynamics help to a lesser extent in defence and drives though but still decent for an attacking racket. The key is each shot is well returned with a punch to where you want to put it in which is well expected for an attacking racket. It will definitely provide much firepower especially from the baseline.

Rating:
    Clear: 9 (Jetspeed 12 as 8.5, Auraspeed 90S as 9)
    Netting: 8.5 (Jetspeed 12 as 8, Auraspeed 90S as 9)
    Defence: 8 (Jetspeed 12 as 8.5, Auraspeed 90S as 8.5)
    Accuracy: 8.5 (Jetspeed 12 as 7.5, Auraspeed 90S as 8)
    Drive: 8 (Jetspeed 12 as 9, Auraspeed 90S as 8)
    Smash: 9 (Jetspeed 12 as 8, Auraspeed 90S as 8.5)

Overall:
    This is an attack-oriented racket suitable for singles and doubles. The moderate top-heavy feel says it all and good thing is it is not demanding at all. Defensive shots and drives pack a good punch. The slim shaft and overall solidness provide good feel and control. The aerodynamic features do give some vindication on its maneuverability despite the moderate top heaviness. Not as amazing as the Master series but a decent first in the series to start with.

9. missclicked

For me, the Ninja 66 tour more flick my interest than the Master.. but this is because I already have zf2.

Ninja seems like a good substitute if I cant find replacement for my AVP.

Tennyson likes this.
  10. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

Trying out more Kawasaki after the success of K9? Actually Master 900 is not the same as ZF2. ZF2 is more top heavy and much more compact head. Master 900 is more a bit of everything.

11. Tai Yuan Sin

Tai Yuan Sin New Member

To add on, ZF2 is more attack focused than Master900. But at the same time without losing too much power, the Master900 feels faster and well rounded. Feels similar to even balance in my hands and easier to use compared to the ZF2.
    The guy that sold me the racket mentioned that the Master900 is an all around upgrade to the Ninja 66+ tho, but I cant comment on the accuracy of that

KWSKJP, demoniez and Tennyson like this.
  12. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

Yes. Master 900 is more all round than Ninja 66 however i find both r totally different rackets. Ninja 66 is mid stiff at best and feel a boost in head weight that can thunder down smashes and somehow i find it has a slightly more slim shaft. I guess u got yourself a Master 900? How did you find it compared to other rackets?

13. Tai Yuan Sin

Tai Yuan Sin New Member

Preface: My version is the 4u and I personally don't own any of those highly popular rackets like high end Yonex or Victor stuff but have played with them a decent amount as my play group has almost 1 of each high end rackets from those brands(AS88s/d, 77, ZF, ZF2, NF800 AuraSpeed 90k/s, JS12, etc). I came from Mid Flex rackets so my opinion is probably still inaccurate and needs a lot more getting used to. My personal rackets are Mizuno JPX 8 Power and Dunlop Force CU 8.1 both mid flex and even balance to slightly head heavy.

The racket is strung at 27lbs with Kawasaki 65ti. I mainly play doubles with occasional singles and would consider myself high intermediate/low advanced. I'm not a power player and enjoy a more tactical approach to games.

Stiffness: The stiffness is not stiff as I thought it would be but I still need to get used to putting in some extra work in drives, defense and front court plays. Stiffness I felt is less than AS88d, ZF2, ZF, and the 90k, while being kinda comparable to the 88s and 90s.

Gameplay: I don't feel the Master900 as a power racket, it feels a lot more speedy/controlled but can generate the power I need to close off the rally. The power is definitely there, but its not the highlight of the racket in my opinion. I found my drives and controlled placement shots are more easily achieved compared to other rackets I tried that also has the power potential as the Master900. Clears are effortless, smashes are also powerful and precise though I have a feeling the sweet spot is not forgiving on a bad day. Can't comment about the advertised mech frame for stability, as I don't think I've used a racket that is not stable before so I can't tell the difference. Weird thing is that even though its not necessary the most aerodynamic frame, it still feels quite fast but not as fast as the JS and AuraSpeed. Responsiveness is top tier as far as I can tell.

Quality: As with trying new rackets, especially when I'm moving from a different feeling racket its inevitable that I hit the frame on multiple occasions and sometimes during a smash. But its safe to say that this racket has top notch build quality in terms of the graphite used and paint. After about 5 2-hour long sessions across 2 weeks and a good amount of miss hits there are still no paint chips visible which I believe is quite a lot better than Yonex/Victor high end equivalents (I've heard plenty of miss hit horror stories).

Extra: The seller provided me a string upgrade to Bg66 Ultimax in which I refused as I wanted to try the Kawasaki string. But unfortunately to say, I kinda regret turning down the offer as the string is not fun to play with at all. The hitting sound is not that loud crisp sound but still serviceable, but the repulsion and control is not to my liking. My other rackets are strung with NG98. Will probably get the S7 or K9 next if the opportunity comes.

Curvy, Croavistar, KWSKJP and 3 others like this.
  14. missclicked

My King K9 serve its purpose as all rounder with a bit attack stats as with its bit head heavy, mid flex shaft. Although from the review here the Master is easier to access for its power.. I can skip it for the time being.

Maybe if I not currently own the zf2 and king k9, maybe I would want the Master 900..

tbh k9 plays closely similar to 4u 88D (borrowed from friend to try) and I wont mind using my k9 playing againts an opponent who is using 88D ( which is a lot).

Ninja tour 66 review seems very close to my AVP except the Ninja have more smashing power (?), and thats what pick my interest.

15. demoniez

demoniez Regular Member

Finally tried the S7 for a couple of sessions. On paper an improved S6 as it worked on a more robust frame with better control. The stiffer shaft gave it a higher quality feel over S6. However both are different rackets even with the same balance point. S6 is super easy, fast, boxy and effective. S7 is easy, fast, decent control and effective. Take your pick.

Curvy likes this.
  16. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

In automobile analogue, both are in AT transmission with turbocharge. S6 is a FWD version with better FC and S7 is a GT version with better interiors, a part time AWD and a nicer kit with spoiler to keep it on the ground.

17. Croavistar

Croavistar Regular Member

To took ages for the Master 900 to arrive since a couple of weeks ago and has been go-to since thus feeling easy to share my thoughts.

Package – The packaging threw me completely off my chair and it’s up at the very best bar none. Absolutely don’t see any of the big guns juicing their thoughts on unboxing experience and you bet a serial racket buyer me wouldn’t have thought how far well thought out this could be. It shows the great thought process Kawasaki attempts to appeal to emotions. While it doesn't add inches to its performance, bet it gives a majestic first impression. First class packaging indeed, swaggy design to boast.

Performance – No lies on those reviews. Great power, excellent speed and splendid control. And yes this is supposed to be a stiff head heavy attacking armor and performs like one except it didn’t feel like one albeit in all positivity. Using this man I would be performing at prolonged dope levels before my mojo finally zonked comparing to using a head heavy and attack oriented tool. Sure yes, all that continuous attacking is real and pure wicked. And when almighty power isn't the most important then, the ease lets me stay in the game with little to no compromise to my game whether defending against the hardcore wankers or hanging on with flat drives. I had a blast with this master of a racquet. It reminds me a little of Victor ARS90k but with more bite from the string bed. The bad, I wished it felt conventionally a little more demanding as it should.

For real, no regrets with this and is already a permanent fixture in my bag with me hooked on. Looking forward to more of such quality drip from Kawasaki.

KWSKJP, Curvy, balls2u and 1 other person like this.
  18. Curvy

Curvy Regular Member

How does Master 900 compare to 88D and ZZ?

19. Ryan Abrenica

Ryan Abrenica Regular Member

Lawyer
    It was nice to see everyday players like me reviewing the Mao11ii, Master 900 and the Master Mao rackets. However, I have not seen any review on the Mao18ii. It is still available on the Kawasaki site. Is the Mao 18ii very similar in feel and play to the Mao11ii as both have almost similar specs? How does it compare to the newer Master Mao and Master 900? By the way guys, I am a new member and this is my very first post at badminton central. I am a decent intermediate who on his best day could upset an advance player having a bad day. I am currently playing with the 100ZZ and the JPX Limited but before those dabbled with various Arcsabers and Voltrics. Looking forward to playing with a unique brand like Kawasaki as seeing almost everybody in our club play with the usual YY, Lining and Victor rackets is getting pretty boring and unoriginal. My Master Mao is coming and would try to make a short review of it to contribute to this thread. Godbless....

#139 Ryan Abrenica, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    KWSKJP likes this.
  20. guantou

guantou Regular Member

its not much but i managed to find this

Tennyson, Ryan Abrenica and KWSKJP like this.