Show us your badminton racquets!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bigredlemon, Feb 14, 2004.

1. SY777

SY777 New Member

Auraspeed 90k, 100zz and 88D

rackets v2.JPG

2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

My Jetspeed and Hypernano collection is coming on nicely!! 20200709_204431_kindlephoto-52231618_copy_1726x1371.jpg

2x js08 4u, js09 4u, 2x js10q 4u, js12 4u, js natsir 4u, js yys 3u, hx600 4u and hx800 brazil 4u

I'm still looking for other jetspeeds in 4u or low 3u.

ice man and s_mair like this.
  3. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    I guess i went overboard during lockdown on racket bidding

From left to right:
    1x N7ii 3u
    1x TC75D 4U
    2x ARS 98K 4U
    1x Mizuno Altius 03 Power 4U
    1x AX100ZZ 4U
    1x AX88D 4U
    1x AX88S 4U
    1x AX77 4U Blue
    1x AX77 4U yellow
    1x TK HMR 4U
    1x Maxbolt Woven Tech 60 4U
    1x Max Power Thunder S 4U
    3x Flex Power Airblade 78 5/4U

Not in frame:
    1x DZS 3U
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

4. SolidBaniya

SolidBaniya Regular Member

Student
    DJS prototype (What power!)
    Astrox 100ZZ (Thaaa!) Screenshot_2020-07-28-20-57-18-54.jpg
    Arcsaber 10 (never lets me down)

5. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

That's an interesting gripping method.

How does the DJS compare to 100ZZ or other rackets you own?

6. SolidBaniya

Student
    Well DJS and 100ZZ are very different.. FYI 100zz has BG 80P and DJS Zymax62Fire. 100Zz is much more head heavy.. DJS has longer shaft and has somewhat Med Stiff Flex.. Accuracy wise both are comparable.. This I believe is a virtue of players technique more than the racket... It's very hard to compare both the rackets against eachother... They have totally different feel. When in form I choose 100ZZ as it's less forgiving than other two.. I love Back court smashing from DJS while playing Doubles..

7. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

Is your 100zz 3u?

8. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

Here's my current collection (from left to right)

Victor BS12 3U
    Yonex ZF2 LD 4U
    Victor TK9900 MK.3 3U
    Yonex Duora Z Strike 3U
    Yonex Duora 8XP 3U

20200728_201235_copy_1396x1861.jpg

Main racket and new shoes

Yonex Duora Z Strike 3U w/BG80
    Yonex Power Cushion Comfort Z 2

20200728_201735_copy_1920x2560.jpg

speCulatius likes this.
  9. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

At the risk of sounding like a commercial, but a Adidas Wucht P8 would be great in between those (well, the BS12 kinda falls out maybe)... and I'd love to read your comparison of those!

seanc6441 likes this.
  10. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

BS12 was my first high end racket, before that I was using a low end Carlton Racket for years. It served me well but I eventually wanted to move on to something a bit stiffer, a bit more solid and more hefty. So I bought both the Z strike and 8XP because they were surprisingly well priced and I couldn't decide which would suit me better so ordered both at once. Then about 6 months ago I got the TK9900 and ZF2 4U from a seller on here. I have not even had a chance to try out the TK9900 yet as I never got around to stringing it before lockdown and so it remains unstrung for now, but I'm excited to try it soon as I get back into badminton.

My quick impressions

BS12 - It's very quick cutting through the air, it's barely breaking even balance, almost headlight. On light shots it feels medium flex, but on power shots it's more flexible. It's such as easy racket to use and is fairly responsive for most shots, however it can become a bit unpredictable on power shots so half smashes work best with this racket in terms of consistency. Probably the best racket to use if you are transitioning from headlight and flexible rackets to medium flex even balanced rackets. But won't suit players who enjoy a head heavy and stiff rackets.

ZF2 4u - The complete opposite to the BS12. Head Heavy in balance but not an unwieldly amount of head weight in the 4u variant, still reasonably agile thanks to the compact head and slim shaft. Very solid feel, stiff shaft. Very predictable accuracy on all shots, just does what you expect. This could easily be my main if I didn't enjoy the way my DZS feels in hand. This racket also feels great and can be used in doubles or singles if you have a strong arm/technique.

Duora 8XP - This one is a bit more perplexing. In some ways it's like an even balance zf2, but in others it's hard to get a feel for this racket. The control and solidity in this racket is top notch. It has a solid feel like ZF2 but slightly less direct feedback. It's got a compact head that's slightly larger than ZF2/DZS, the balance point is almost even, maybe a touch head heavy although the racket feels heavier in hand than both my ZF2 4U and DZS. I was struggling to get power out of this racket at first, despite it feeling roughly about as stiff as the ZF2 in feeling (less stiff technically but less head weight also). This racket just took longer than expected to get accustomed too and it's definitely not for everyone, but it's a good racket for it's control aspect and can be strung up to 35lbs!

Doura Z Strike - This was one of those rackets that just felt right once I picked it up, like an extension of my arm. It's slightly head heavy but doesn't feel it in your arm, just enough weight in the head to feel the racket on swings and it's aerodynamic enough to feel smooth but not uncontrollable on whippy shots. The extra stiff shaft wasn't as punishing as I expected judging from others impressions. Sure it's a stiff shaft but it's also working so well in harmony with the frame that I'm getting a good amount of repulsion/power out of my shots so long as I put the effort in. You can play both power shots or whippy shots with this racket thanks to the balanced specs of this racket it's quite versatile in attack. Accuracy is top notch on all shots and the frame is very responsive yet still has that yonex solid feel to it that doesn't give too much vibration yet this racket has just enough to satisfy on light shots too. Defence and drives are respectable but it's no monster in that regard, yet it will outperform stiff HH rackets in that regard because it's fairly nimble and balanced. There's nothing bad I can say about this racket to be honest, if you like compact stiff rackets this one is a gem. I like the Doura concept, it doesn't hugely effect performance in real world usage but I can feel a difference between both sides if I focus on it. The box side has a little more hold and control, the aero side seems a little more repulsive or responsive. I believe this is more down to the softer gromets in the grommet strip on the box side. Aerodynamics wise it's difficult to feel the difference on swings to be honest, I find this racket is smooth regardless of which side you swing with. Let's just say it has no negative impact on the racket that I can see, it's easy to switch between this Duora and other conventional rackets.

#1790 seanc6441, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    speCulatius likes this.
  11. SolidBaniya

Student
    Did you get a chance to try Arc11 at some point along with DZS. So many players have told me they feel very similar... neve got a chance so can't confirm

seanc6441 likes this.
  12. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

I have not tried any arcsaber unfortunately but I'd be sceptical to assume they are exactly similar feeling given the differences in the design. Duora Z Strike being compact head, extra slim stiff shaft, longer handle/shorter shaft and even the frame being more rounded box + aero than conventional box shape. But I'd like to try one someday, maybe they are closer than I'd expect. Arc 10 too.

13. Matthew Cheung

Matthew Cheung New Member

Ah you got a Mizuno Altius 03 Power. Been looking to get this racket for a while. Just wanted to ask what your thoughts on it are?

14. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    Hi,

I would say it is pretty similar to ax88D. The difference would be the shaft stiffness. It felt less stiff compared to 88D. Has great repulsion, easy to get used to, if you like whippy feeling, this would be a better choice. The only downside probably a little on the paint. No doubt the paint is thick enough, but there might be slight uneven shade or imperfection (probably only happen to mine). But yea, one of superb racket from mizuno.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Matthew Cheung likes this.
  15. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

Racket left in office (storage), sold 3 rackets to officemate this month due to not using them.

AVP, Fleet Force 3, Astrox Smash, Astrox 99 lcw (fake), Nanoray 68, Astrox 39, Astrox 38s

Astrox 88s and Nezer19 not in picture as they are currently my go to weapons for now.[​IMG]

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

16. Derpington

Derpington Regular Member

IMG-20200831-WA0001.jpg

Left to right

Yy Arcsaber z slash taufik hidayat
    Yy Astrox 88d
    Ln Aeronaut 9000c
    Apacs Tantrum 300

Dave1011 likes this.
  17. SolidBaniya

Student
    Lost my dear friend He was a loyal one for past 10 years. Been to many countries together with so many stories and clashes..... Anyway who should replace it...Arc11, Duora 10, Ax88D/S or something totally different.. I already have AX100zz

Attached Files:

18. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

Sorry to hear that, Have you ever try the zf2 3u ?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

19. SolidBaniya

Student
    Not for whole matches but yes a knock or two... I remember it being powerful with a small head... Here only 4u version is available.. zf2 not a bad option at all

20. Derpington

Derpington Regular Member

I'm loving my 88d 4u. You should give it a try