Victor 2020 New Products

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

I saw the swing weight of JS S 12 II at racquetforce FB page. it is the same as JS S12M. BP is somewhat the same as well.

looks like a JS12 with added new tech?

2. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

No, It's is a refinement of DriveX 9X.
    Only the frame is different.
    Dx9x has a holding feel, and the initial shuttle speed is not very fast.
    JS12ii improved this in the expense of smash power, yet the power is still good enough for a speed racket.

I think JS12ii is perfect in doubles for control players.
    Every aspect is so good. Only the feel is not up to Japan rackets.
    Speed / control / power are sitting there, nothing missing.

salepang and Rommel Alastra like this.
  3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

In case anyone from Victor is following: If you guys do the same with a JS10 II, I will instantly jump back on the Victor train!

#263 s_mair, Aug 30, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    Dave1011 likes this.
  4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Oh, for god's sake - the second time Victor has pulled this "New Coke" move so they can re-introduce "Coke classic".
    Last time it was Jetspeed and Bravesword; now it's Auraspeed and Jetspeed.

s_mair and Dave1011 like this.
  5. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    What would you like to see updated in a potecial js10 2? Besides a better QC control/eliminating sinking frame?

6. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

pretty sure people want nothing changed other than the durability. The real problem with these updated rackets is that they sometimes feel different from the originals, like they're different rackets

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Just getting rid of the titanic frame would be a major improvement alone, don't you think? Apart from that, maybe add some solidity to the feel on impact would be nice.

8. ChocoChipWaffle

I have a quick question for those who used the MX80B. I heard it was less stiff than an original MX 80, but does that mean it's equal in stiffness to something with a Victor 4/5 stiffness rating (like a MX 70)? I'm ordering a racket tomorrow and am trying to find the more flexible shaft between MX 70 and 80B.

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    It's rather in between but in a weird place? In some ways the 70 is more unforgiving because of thicker shaft. But the 80B is stiffer IMO. But it does give a bit better under load because it has a thinner shaft. I rather hate it because of that. Just because it makes comparisons in the range confusing.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ChocoChipWaffle likes this.
  10. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Hi, what racquet are you using currently, still on the N9II?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I’ve jumped to the Adidas Wucht P8 and I’m loving it. There is just something about compact heads and stiff shafts that gets me every time!

12. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    What are the spec differences between JS12 and JS12 II?

Is there anyone can review?

13. Erickho90

Erickho90 New Member

Just bought this beauty 2 days ago. First impression: the colour is beautiful and resemble combination of bs 12 and js 12. I happen to own js 12 oc and js 12M as well. So i write this review in comparison to those two. Mine was 4UG5 strung with bg 80 27 lbs.

The holding feel of this racket is very solid yet still felt very comfortable to swing
    Lob : very solid and compact feel, the clear was effortless either forehand or backhand
    Smash: the power was there, very accurate and clearly better than previous two. The feel was just amazing. You can still feel the slight head heavy feeling.
    Drive : very fast, very stable (maybe due to the freecore tecnology?), much more manuevrable than the previous js 12
    Defend: no problem at all, the manueverability make defence really effortless. The power to lift was there.
    Net : due to compact and solid feeling, the net placement and tricky2 manuever was great.

In summary, i believe this js 12 II is an improvement from the previous js 12. Those who feel lack of power and speed from previous js 12, you will find it here. The most striking improvement from my view is the solid and compact feeling, the head heavyness is just ideal. You will enjoy every hit with this js. Also, I tested the 3u model which my friend have, we agree that 4u model is more enjoyable than the 3u. The power difference was just marginal but the feeling of compactness is no difference at al. However for you that really into power, 3u might be better choice..just might be ;)

Attached Files:

14. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

The size of the head frame, is it small or standard?

15. Erickho90

Erickho90 New Member

16. Father Parrot

Father Parrot Regular Member

I wonder how popular the JS10 II would be if it got released- without the sinking frame ofc.

17. ChocoChipWaffle

Now that I think about it, based on what the review above said about JS12 II, the shot feels more compact, but frame hasn't changed both in size and frame profile

This seems to suggest JS12II is probably a harder grade of graphite (at least in the head) compared to JS12 and JS12M, and they probably did this in order to make it less susceptible to sinking, correct me if I'm wrong.

This also makes it sort of difficult to design JS10II, a harder grade of graphite on an already compact head means it will have an even smaller sweet spot. That means they have to either increase its head size or come up with something creative.

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Honestly I don't know what they hope to achieve by doing this. The Auraspeed is supposed to supersede and replace the Jetspeed entirely yet they've done this? Might as well release the JS12 again with its excellent colour schene but fix all the problems instead IMO. They already tried to save it from further bad press with the 12M.

Maybe they're just losing money and market share to the excellent products of YY and LN in the last couple of years and feeling the pinch now.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

19. jctai

jctai Regular Member

I think Victor is doing exactly what you're saying, reintroducing JS12 with a new variant, new colour and fixed its problem. I bought a JS12 II strung with BG66 force @ 27lbs noticed no sinking frame issue yet, the frame seemed on par if not stronger than the 3U MYP JS12 that I owned. I would attest in my city at least, they have lost a lot of market to LiNing, Yonex and other lesser known brands. Unless Victor's newer models have done very well in China and Indonesia (largest markets for badminton equipment), there's no need for them to reintroduce the JS12.

I understand that they are using the same technologies but as you said, they are designed to be different kind of rackets. JS12 II still remained its old design (minus the plastic grip) and it performed better but very similar to its predecessors, so I would regard it as a refinement of JS12 II more than 9x which feels quite apart from each other. IF Victor came out with a DriveX9xs (stupid name I know) where its frame size is smaller and headlighter then I would definitely called it a refinement form the 9x. I would be interested to know if you have had different experience while comparing the JS12 II with older ones.

For those who are interested in the new JS12 II, is it any good? Yes if you can afford it and have enjoyed JS12 in the past. If you're worried about its durability, just refer to the pictures I attached and decide for yourself whether a 0.66mm string at 27lbs is acceptable.
    IMG_20200928_130818.jpg IMG_20200928_130854.jpg IMG_20200928_130925.jpg

20. guantou

guantou Regular Member

fresh from victor ovens

Attached Files:

Dave1011 and boby like this.