Any news of new Yonex shoe coming out this year?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Kevin Tan, Jul 7, 2020.

1. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

I never had to go half size up with Yonex but others say they do. I personally think you must try for yourself, get a model thats suited to your foot shape too.

Comfort Z2/Aerus 3 is good for normal-narrow feet. 65ZM2 good for normal feet. And apparently Eclipsion Z and 03ZM good for normal-wide feet. This is the general impressions from this forum.

I've tried comfort z2, 65zm2 and Aerus 3 myself if you have any questions about those models just ask.

2. Wyne

Wyne Regular Member

Yah i did check on vsmash too. Its good to hear if online shop have return policy, but kind a take time also. But still i agree wif u that i should try some yonex shoe at ay shop my place. Will go around again to look for it.

3. Wyne

Wyne Regular Member

I did saw the comfort z2 and 65z2, honestly it look so nice, i like it, but the price quite high also. Hows ur experience wif both z2 and 65z2? My feet is normal, not wide. 65z2 the black blur color so nice. Looking at it price i can say it high end. How long u've been using it?

Edit: Btw, i just noticed u mentioned 65zm2, is it different than 65z2?

4. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

The 65ZM2 is just an updated version of 65Z with minor changes to the ventilation at the toe area and i think the new one has updated power cushion + in the heel but mostly it's the same shoe in terms of fit and the sole and most of the cushioning etc is the same.

I've only just got them very recently. I had ordered the 65ZM2 but received the Comfort Z2 on accident. I informed them and said I wasn't too sure about keeping it because at first it had some issues so they sent me out the 65ZM2's aswell and I was to ship them back one of the two pairs after. So I got to try them on for size and jump around the house a bit with them on as long as i didn't damage them in any way which was cool. I ended up liking the Comfort Z 2 more so I kept them and sent back the 65ZM2.

The main difference is this. The CZ2 is a sock type fit, no separate tongue, asymetrical laces and thin cushioning on top but it's very form fitting to my foot. It was uncomfortable at first but after break in of a few hours wearing them around it softened up and wearing thick socks made them even more comfy. The 65ZM2 is your traditional badminton shoe with a nice padded tongue and a very standard type of fit. Both felt good to wear but I prefered the more form fitting CZ2 as the 65ZM2 has extra bumpers of cushioning on the side but less on the bottom and seems a bit more bulky on foot but the CZ2 elevates your foot a bit higher at the heel. I used to think a flat shoe is nicer but the slight elevation of the CZ2 feels really good. Both are really solid for stability and ankle support as far as my limited testing could tell.

The downside to the CZ2 is its about 70 grams heavier. it's not a light shoe because it has a thicker piece of power cushion on the bottom to add to the comfort, hence the name. It's very easy on the joints but it weighs more. The 65ZM2 has a normal amount of cushioning, very stable and feels light, but doesn't have that same sock like fit or extra power cushion to absorb the shock.

I think if you want a comfy experience and a nice form fitting shoe get the CZ2, it's got a bit of a tighter toe box vertically but I think once the insole compresses or you use a slightly thinner insole it's just fine. Infact these shoes are so cushy you could play without an insole and still get excellent cushioning. The CZ2 is more about breaking them in for the best experience whereas the 65ZM2 is a bit more universal and great right out of the box but doesn't have the same level of form fitting as the CZ2 for me anyway. The 65ZM2 is more of an all rounder high performing shoe as it;s light and it has a standard fit with great stability, but it just didn't feel as slick.

That's my 2 cents anyway, CZ2 is a very unique feels shoe, heavy-ish but feels like part of your foot, all the weight is in the sole and not in the liner so it doesnt feel bulky at all just feels premium and very well cushioned. Great for smooth footwork and honestly it seems like the type of shoe to prevent sore knee's in the long run so I'm all for that.

Oh and one thing about the CZ2 there's a tiny bit of heel slippage if you lace anyway loosely but I'm thinking of adding an extra notch on the shoe to lace them up slightly higher like i did with my aerus 3 and it works a charm before so should work again.

#24 seanc6441, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  5. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

Quick update: Out of curiosty I tried my Aerus 3 insoles in my Comfort Z2's. They are both yonex branded but the Aerus insoles are slightly thinner all round. Instantly the Comfort Z has a more standard low profile to it but still retained the extra qualities of extra power cushion in the sole. This means you can grab a slightly thinner insole to lower the profile and add room in your comfort Z without much determent, but I enjoy the feel of the stock insole too so I'm keeping those in it for now.

Also swapping between Aerus 3 and Comfort Z2 is a night and day difference for my foot. Comfort Z 2 is far superior in terms of stability and contours better to fit the shape of the sole of my foot in the mid section under my arch. The Aerus 3 has the softer upper section but the CZ2 is again a more form fitting shoe overall. Aerus 3 is also lovely fitting shoe and feels slick but the CZ2 just outperforms it in that regard too because it's a thinner more rigid upper that hugs your foot and yet is very comfortable after a short break in period.

Aerus 3 wins by a landslide on weight though as it's like 90g lighter per shoe almost, although it's not enough to give it the edge as the CZ2 has too much going for it in more import aspects like cushioning and stability.

#25 seanc6441, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    LenaicM likes this.
  6. Briyanihayakawa

Briyanihayakawa Regular Member

Usually, CM sizing is the most accurate in my opinion. Most competitor brands confuse each other with their euro/US/UK sizing to prevent consumers from switching.

But agreed the best is still to try at the shop. For example, for my current shoes: ASICS Court Control FF, I fit better with half a size bigger, would only know this if I was at the shop.

Also, if possible buy from your local shop itself. Badminton shops are badly hit during this time, might be worth helping your local store out if you can.

7. iaN kirOmOri

iaN kirOmOri New Member

man. this is exactly what i'm thinking, planning to buy 65z2 but i'm afraid new one is coming soon enough. had a experience when i just buy aerus 2 for a month then aerus 3 is released. any idea when will this new shoe officially released?

8. iaN kirOmOri

iaN kirOmOri New Member

65z3? is this navy blue or purple? any idea when will be released? wanna buy 65z2 but was thinking new shoes might come out soon.

9. iaN kirOmOri

iaN kirOmOri New Member

those aerus babyblue look awesome ! need those shoes released asap !

10. freeter

freeter Regular Member

Release date [​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

cerveaux likes this.
  11. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Momota posing with the new colorway of the SHB 65 Z M 2's. 2nd picture looks like his left shoe has his name. Just like his old orange colorway of the 65 Z M.

Attached Files:

michael5098 likes this.
  12. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

Is it me or do these new shoes look ugly. Hope they look better in person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    I wouldn't say it is ugly but it reminds me of the old glossy-like SHB 01 LTD's Yonex made in the past. It's a turn down when I see the shoe Momota is wearing.

14. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    Apparently, there are other colorways of Yonex's 65 ZM 2's, 65 ZL 2's, 65 X 2M's, and 65 X 2 W's. Source ( Shop VNB: https://shopvnb.com/ )

Attached Files:

15. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

I see that for the 65z2, there is an additional eyelet for lacing that could be used to tie a runners knot. Can such knot be used for badminton?

16. cerveaux

cerveaux New Member

Hey, where can i found them please?

17. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

upload_2020-12-14_10-59-34.png
    New colourway for 88 dial

18. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    ComfortZ2.PNG
    New Comfort Z 2 colorway in Japan, maybe the TONAMI players might use it(?)

19. khoai

khoai Regular Member

Screenshot_20201215-205856_Instagram.jpg
    Anyone knows about these? Posted on Instagram by Fajar Alfian.

20. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    Lin Dan is actually is advertised for this shoe. Might see him use it in the Mix and Match Yonex for China.