Yonex Astrox 100ZZ

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Budi

Budi Regular Member

common thing i guest.
    Hey VA my fav player use it & he did win beautifully, pretty sure its a great racket. I had to get it. But in the end they feel its not what they like.

Oooh YY release new racket. I had to try it. Then what the.... It feel so bad, alright i will sell it.

LenaicM likes this.
  2. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

Fair enough

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

3. Tino

Tino Regular Member

Happens every time a new racket is released
    It's normal. As it's not a normal z racket, it might turn off some people

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

The good thing with all this event repeating itself, is that if you are lucky enough to had friend like this, you can have a test drive his new racket.
    Then when your friend end up didnt like his new racket, but you feel like it then it double your luck as you can buy your friend racket at cheaper price.:p

5. marios

marios New Member

I am using it now - second session, and there is no problem with the racket, but it is different feel than all other racket that I tried. Precision and feeling is great, very fast. I usualy play with ZF2 4U, and 100 ZZ is much faster, but lack in smash power to ZF2 4U.. Little bit slower than Nanoflare 800 4U, but much more smash power. You need to make faster swing with ZZ. Overal great racket, nothing faulty with my example. maybe good solution is to go with 3U, but I am not sure if speed will be reduced.

6. p2user

p2user Regular Member

Since you compared the 100zz 4u to the nanoflare 8004u. Would you say the nanoflare 800 3u would offer similar speed and smash power then?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

7. marios

marios New Member

I did not try 800 3U, but I am prety sure that smash will be better on 100 ZZ 4U than 800 3U because it is big difference for me between 100ZZ 4U and 800 4U. Speed on 800 4U is litle bit faster than 100ZZ 4U, so i assume it will be not so big difference between 800 3U and 100ZZ 4U. You need definitly more stamima for faster smashing on Nanoflare.

8. Asmo

Asmo Regular Member

Interesting. If I see correctly his three measured something like 301, 303 and 305 on BP. Badmintonguide got 317! Either they got some early production model with different specs or some other one of fluke because that should be way outside of normal tolerances. Anyone seen a third source that measured BP or swing weight? Racquetforce unfortunately only tested ZZ not ZX.

9. p2user

p2user Regular Member

I see the yonex chart showing astrox 100zz is much head heavier than the 800. From your explanation aswell i might look at the astrox 100 4u.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

BG replace original grip to their standard grip to test every racket, so it could be that which makes the BP shift, tho i wonder does YY use different original grip for high/mid/low end racket. To bad BG doesnt provide swing weight test result.

While other hand, on video i found he seems to use factory default setup with no change at all.

11. Arbalest

Arbalest New Member

Hi everyone,

Got a 100zz 3u some weeks ago.
    For information I also own an Arcsaber 10, Voltric 70 etn, and a TK F all in 3U.

First thing I have noticed regarding the 100zz 3u is its weight which is kind of heavier than my 3 others rackets (94gr vs 92gr for the TK F by example <<< overgrip + string).
    However it is less head heavy than the TK F 3U for example.

12. Father Parrot

Father Parrot Regular Member

How does it compare to the arc10?

13. Asmo

Asmo Regular Member

That's true. But still Badmintonguide's values match up pretty close on the ZZ. The guy above got 299 and 300 from what I see on the two 4u ZZ he tested, BG got 302. So the relative difference between ZZ and ZX is 15mm for BG and about 4mm for the other guy which is a pretty significant difference. Which makes me wonder whats going on.

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Tbh none of these values matter because the sample size just isn't large enough.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

swsh, Saru, ucantseeme and 1 other person like this.
  15. Arbalest

Arbalest New Member

Its been a long time since I have not played with it but I can say that the 100z is way less forgiving than the arc10 (100z and stiffer with a shorter shaft than arc10).
    Better solid feel on the 100z and overall weigh higher
    In term of head heaviness, both are some kind in the same category (100z is more heavy), and swing feel is different surely due to the Astrox particulary.
    I would say that 100z can pack more power than an arc10

16. pughon

pughon Regular Member

FYI, 100ZX has the same swing weight with 100ZZ (4U).

17. Asmo

Asmo Regular Member

Ok good to know. You measured yourself or may I ask where you got the information? That does indicate that Badminton guide's measured 15mm higher BP on the ZX seems to be an outlier then.

18. pughon

pughon Regular Member

Or from the video I watched :D
    I posted the link somewhere in this thread.

19. weingseen

weingseen Regular Member

Let me chip in my first impression.
    A little background,
    ZF1 3U>ZF1 4U>NR900 3U(Brief moment)>DZS 3U>N9II(T.A version) /TC75EX

Preference zf1 4u and N9ii TA version.

I believe when I said N9ii with soft/med shaft and fast frame and easily access to power, most existing user would agree.

100ZZ 4U, solid feel. Dry racket BP is similar to DZS 3U. Dry swing, fast and not too stiff compared to DZS. Gave me ZF1 4U feeling. Had my N9ii next to me before I purchase (sadly cracked during restringing due to years of abuse), and I can tell at least u can still bend 100ZZ a tad better though not on N9ii stiffness but definitely not as stiff as dzs or zf1.

Setup: Overgrip with original grip. Bg80 28lbs 4
    knots.
    This racket have the characteristics of HH, there's some weight in the head but the racket gave me a even balance feeling.

Just FYI, from here onwards most comparison relatively to N9ii and today is my first attempt (2 hour session) .

Warm up time, faster than my N9ii(2 years+ user) probably due to totally different specs and occasionally hitting frame with 100zz. But man when u hit it right, the accuracy and power is there(who am I kidding ) .

Lob/attack lob would need to exert slightly more energy but accuracy remain. Probably because N9ii 3u vs 100zz 4u but no complain there.

Overhead smash, pinpoint steep smash, but rear court power smash, I'm still unable to get steep angle. Half/mid court smash, steep and power and sound.

The smashing sound surprised me frankly speaking(definitely not dead tone compared to nr900)

Defensive wise, I believe this is where it gets better, for me at least(I'm a weak defensive player). Maybe due to shaft, maybe due to handle, I couldn't tell yet but it made my defensive shot more aggressive, turning from defensive receiving smash stance and drive it to where I want, easier. I would need more hours in this part but today I definitely i felt I have the upper hand.

Net play and drive, need to readjust a little on timing but its easier to guide the shuttle. Definitely fast enough with a little more power and accuracy.

Dropshot seems better than N9ii from accuracy wise, sharper and easier to control Dropshot speed.

Sore shoulder muscle. I tend to do countless power smash at the end of the day with a sparring partner but I never had it when using N9ii/75ex.

Conclusion, even with slight head weight, a 4u is still a 4u compared to my N9ii 3u. Would need more energy to execute comparable shot, coupled with stiffer shaft hence sore shoulder.

I'm keeping this. More forgiving than DZS on mishit.

Edit: add extra info. Also, forget to mention I'm using 100zz 4u, better to be on safe side

#799 weingseen, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    Sumanth99, marios and visor like this.
  20. SolidBaniya

SolidBaniya Regular Member

Student
    Go for 3U only if you are Singles player.. otherwise 4U is very well weighted, light and head heavy at same time. Deceptively quick! It will make you work hard but if you can connect with timing then its one of the best weapon IMO. \m/