Your best recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by eric213, Jun 25, 2020.

1. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

I'm exploring to find other reachable rackets, whether it be online or locally but that doesn't mean I'll get a specs that's not to my liking (e.g. head heavy and very flexible shaft). I wouldn't want to risk selling a really great racket and get 2-3 rackets that I'm not feeling it too.

Yeah, exactly. That's the point. One reason I'm asking opinions for something similar specs, I'm fine as long as there's a tad similarity specs on it. And on current technology, I'm not sure if there are any new technology in any current rackets. Honestly, I don't mind the looks of it at all.

I see, thanks for pointing that out. I'll be sure to have a look at it. But at the end of the day, all I'm asking for is a similar racket. Nothing complicated lol

2. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

Sometimes, it'll just need to take time to get used to it. I've been using 3U for a long while and when people said 4Us are for doubles but it sort of felt too light for me. The speed is there but I realised I sacrificed a lot of power there. That's why I'm a bit skeptical when people said 4U is better. This is just IMO

3. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

edit: I have no recommendation for you, but wanted to respond to this 4U comment

I've had that same feeling for a long time. Until I got the Astrox range, they are great in 4U in my opinion. I own a couple AX99's and tried an AX77 and AX88D. The 77 was really great and not too stiff, great for intermediate players who need a reliable, pretty fast, but powerful racket. (frame shape is in between box and aero, so may not be quite as fast as a bs12 aero)

#23 thyrif, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    If it is really great why not getting a second and third? The easiest solution. And asking here online without the most important verification (you) you will slip easily into the buy of a racket you are not feeling. Especially when I see the recommendations here.

NF700 a flyswatter
    NF800 stiff and compact head
    AX77 totally different swing

Nearly nothing swings like a brave sword. The BS12 is kinda unique racket which is only replaceable with a very few frames. I played the BS10 for around 7-8 years and know the hustle to replace/find something similar to a bravesword. Most people recommend what they like. The most useful comment would come from @R20190 He is an expert for BS12. I would only trust him or @Ch1k0 when it comes to a BS12 replacement. Maybe they will reply.

eric213, speCulatius and thyrif like this.
  5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I have been summoned. Hands down ARS90S is the best replacment you can get for a BS12 now. As current production rackets go, it is fortunately the closest in spec and feel. Not 100% the same but among the closest you could find without going to a more exotic brand like Technist for example. I agree as well with @ucantseeme and his comments on the 3 rackets above. Granted spec wise the NF700 is the closest in spec but that 4U is just like a 4U BS12. It really really lacks bite.

P.S. If there are any typos forgive me. My phone screen is cracked so I have a permanent poltergeist.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

6. Hickton

Hickton Regular Member

I have ARS90S in 3U and $U and it's a great racket for me. Never used BS12 but there is a shop local to me still advertising it for sale. I am tempted I must say.

eric213 likes this.
  7. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Thanks for the praises, though I'm not sure I am really worthy! :)

OP, sorry if this sounds unhelpful but there is no better replacement for your BS12 than another BS12. It is one of those rackets that only come along once every decade or two and raises the bar by another few notches. I hear what you're saying about finding it difficult to get hold of them now but actually it is still available if you look hard enough. I know for certain that quite a number of shops in Asia still have them in stock and are quite willing to ship worldwide. Also if you keep an eye on eBay, they tend to pop up every now and then. If like me, you actually intend to use the racquet, you probably wouldn't be too fussed about getting a good condition used one which are much easier to find.

As others have said the ARS90S is quite similar to the BS12 but having broken two in quick succession I couldn't recommend it for anyone who likes higher tensions like me. Otherwise, it is a very good racquet indeed. My only criticism is that it lacks a bit of substance behind the shuttle with what feels like a slightly less solid frame on impact but otherwise it is on par with a BS12 in pretty much all other areas.

If you want a slightly head heavier version of the BS12 another racquet worth considering is the LN N7ii (or whatever it is called these days). I find this racquet a bit more sluggish compared to a BS12 (which is why I tend to use it as a warm up racket!) but it is a decent racket nonetheless and spec-wise is in the region of a BS12.

eric213, ucantseeme and Dave1011 like this.
  8. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

This is a really good input too. Thank you!

9. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

I mean I wouldn't just jump straight into buying what racket was recommended lol. And as I mentioned earlier it could be technology-wise and open for suggestions cause bs12 has been the only racket I've been using for a long time. Just wanted to know an input on what do you all recommend best.

There you go, thank you so much for your input too. Sorry, but it's not really a replacement but just for a plan B. Sweet! Thanks for summoning them!

10. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

Oof. Thank you so much for this. Yeah, the 4U questions me a lot and based on experience, I'll suffer again if I use any 4U rackets.

By far the closest but not as good as bs12 when it comes to bs12. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

11. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

No worries, any input is a good input, I've been away for almost a year and wanted to have a bit of knowledge on what's happening with new products. That's highly praised of the bs12. I've actually got mine out of luck as the shop overseas only have 2 in stock and I managed to booked one (I thank the shop owner for that). Most of the shops went out of stock for bs12 but I haven't given up yet lol, I'll have a look at ebay.

Ouch. I wouldn't want that to happen. How high is your tension?

I might take N7ii into consideration but of course, research and try out first if I bump into anyone with that racket!

Thank you very much for your input!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk