Yonex Astrox 100ZZ

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Dec 18, 2019.

1. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

200% acceptable.. this physics happens to even lighter rackets.. I can swing a 88grams mid flex slight head heavy racket better, but unable to swing a lining windstorm 72!! My shoulder and elbow gives a sharp ache.. play for sometime it then works a little but I am more comfortable with 85 ~ 92 grams wet weight rackets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    It's true, I've always been a head heavy racket user myself. AT700, AT900P, ZF, N90, N90iii. As soon as I use an arc sabre of any kind, even with the same strings at various tensions, its like it absorbs all my power. As soon as I saw the 100ZZ come out I thought it would be a good idea to try until I saw how close it falls in line with the Arcsabres. Decided to get a 900C instead. Everyone's body mechanics are different!

3. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

Thank you for your reply.

In the past, I have used voltric series like ZF2 LCW 3U and Voltric 80Etune 4U and I like both of them. Interesting point, I never know Voltric frame is called oval power frame, but I did notice Astrox 88 has a very boxy frame, Never tried using Astrox 88S/D though, I am more interested to Astrox 99, Astrox 100ZZ, Voltric LD Force, or even buying ZF2 again (but LD version this time).

About Duora10, yes other departments are perfectly fine with me, I can do a clear lob real effortlessly, but whenever I smash, I think it lacks power, is it because Duora10 is too stiff for me? I also thought about getting an Arc11 like your friend but then I realize they have almost the same spec (correct me if I'm wrong) so it would be pointless.
    Fyi, I have tried to use several Yonex strings from soft to hard feel, thin to thick strings, and tension range from 24-27lbs.

4. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

Can someone compare 100zz to 99?

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Don't get me wrong . The Voltric frames aren't actually called "oval power frames" I was just describing the actually cross section shape to give you a clear picture.

Perhaps you'd like to venture back into Voltric territory or maybe even an Astrox instead? As you've confirmed that all your other shots are actually perfectly fine it would mean that the shaft stiffness being too stiff certainly is not the issue. Don't bother with an ARC11 it is too similar in spec. I'd actually side with visor on this recommendation. Perhaps you can try the Astrox 88D. It seems to have been a natural upgrade for some of the pros who are more power oriented from their previous ARC11s.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

6. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Playing a single match is always my nightmare, from my 14 to 32 (age). Until I see Momota playing and then, I know how to play men's single.

I was training my footstep everyday.

#586 terrynguyen121988, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Quentin11 likes this.
  7. steven8991

Don't like AX88D color.
    Want a real head heavy rackets but I heard Astrox 100ZZ BP is only 302mm, might be tempted to buy VT80Etn again as the price has dropped, or go with newer technology which is Astrox 99.

8. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Anyone have tried both the ZZ and ZX?
    Does it feel similar?
    Im thinking to buy the ZX for backup but worried that it might feel completely different as the shaft is different and on Paul Stewart review it does bend in a different way

9. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Watched some videos and these two rackets are completely different. Some were hitting much harder with the ZX. The ZZ isn't a power house racket, it's a repeater shot racket.

10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

:(i want power house racket.
    Power house racket is at its extinction:(

11. steven8991

Voltric 80 Etune 3U and ZF2 3U are still available in our country.

speCulatius likes this.
  12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    You make it sound like the AX99 is chopped liver lol

13. Budi

Budi Regular Member

80Etn not available around me to at least try dry swing.
    ZF tho im pretty much ok with the weight & head heavyness as im used to heavy racket but the extra stiff kinda concern me & not to mention compact frame. Im good but not that good to get consistent stroke:D

yes 88D & 99 is available around, but to many have it or at least the 68/69 that have the same color. So maybe im just kinda picky/being stubborn that doesnt want to own the same thing & just want to be different:p.

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Fair enough. Get a Z Force LOL.

15. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

or the ZX for that matter, what's wrong with that?

16. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

The release price is much cheaper than the pre-ordered price.[​IMG]

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

17. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

This could be because of corona effect.. cos 100zz is full “namd” racket so it would definitely be costly if not more than ax99, it would be on par with it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Father Parrot

Father Parrot Regular Member

Can someone tell us the main differences between the Z strike and ZZ other than the tech and manoeuvrability?

19. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Video review of the 100ZX with some comparisons with the ZZ here and there. The player is testing it properly, stroke by stroke and has a good level of play to give credible review. (Check his channel for whoever can understand a bit of Japanese or not, it's a good one)

It's all in Japanese and no audio nor hiragana unfortunately. I personally don't have sufficient Kanji vocabulary to understand everything or have the time to look into it and translate everything (I'm quarantined but working on other translation project for school and work :)) but may be someone can. I didn't even watch the whole video yet.

Regarding smashes, he says the shaft is softer than the ZZ but the build construction still good.

#599 LenaicM, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  20. yoman

yoman Regular Member

Believe i haven't played enough to give a fair comparison, but was using both 3ug5 yesterday for 2hrs+, first 1.5hrs was on ZZ, not the kind of racket that one can connect in first instance, at least for me.

Its more hefty than dzs (88.5 vs 87), and somewhat felt stiffer and slower, needed more time to wind up a good smash, feeling resemble zf24u, though its been awhile since i used one.

When i switch back to dzs, i was playing much better..

main rkt: dzs3u, ax99lcw4u, bxr4u

Saru, seanc6441 and Father Parrot like this.