Racket that gives you effortless power from backcourt

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by superdan12, Feb 1, 2020.

1. superdan12

superdan12 Regular Member

I'm looking for one that's easier to play than my 3U Arcsaber 11. It feels a bit too slow and stiff, and I have a problem generating swing speed from the back, now that I'm getting older. It doesn't need to have the best power ceiling, but something that has easily accessible power and has the ability to hit continuous smashes relatively easily would be great. 4U is ideal , but 3U is fine as long as it has good speed. I prefer balance point of anything from 295-305mm, assuming it's still easy to move around and not too slow to maneuver. Cheers

Edit: Brand preference would be Victor, Li-ning, and Fleet.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Sadly no racket is perfect for everyone.
    Heavy racket (3U or head heavy) is best for its momentum force but to be able to get the best force you need to be strong enough to swing it. You know Truck is heavy & bad for its acceleration but when its moving its destructive force is great when ramming other cars.
    Other hand light racket (4U/5U, or head light racket) is best for its easier swing resulting great manouver & faster swing for repeat hit. Ofcourse it have very less momentum force, but a Ferari at full speed will also highly destructive when hitting something.

So its all come back to you yourself. Do you more of muscle type or agile type. You need to find a golden point between this heavy & speed. To heavy yet not strong enough to swing it resulting weak power. To light yet unable to swing it faster also resulting weak power.

But maybe you want to review your technique. A full muscle man like the Rock with bad technique wont be able to hit back to back even tho he is totaly Hulk strength yet a young slim girl with good technique would be able to do clear hit easily.

3. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

Normally you should be able to play with any racket relatively easily from back line to back line. Even children can do this with the right technique.

But I can understand if you can't handle stiff rackets. If I were you, I would choose something with medium flex. But with heavier rackets it's usually easier to hit longer.

1) better technique
    2) change racket

4. adrd2

adrd2 Regular Member

student
    Nanoflare 270 is really easy to clear with. Is a 4U, balanced point is around 300. Is mid stiff. Smash is just average though, it's not super powerful.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    string some soft strings at 15lbs. you will be surprised how easy it'd be to hit from the back.

boby likes this.
  6. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

This is the quickest solution, however I would say go drop to 22-24lbs if you're currently stringing your racket around 26-28 and you can see the clearing pooowwahh..

7. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Get the better technique racquet to improve your clears

LenaicM and Father Parrot like this.
  8. Mikkel Press-Stevn

Mikkel Press-Stevn Regular Member

The Astrox 77 could suite you. But give it a boost string on a lower tension. I would say around the 22-24lbs as mentioned above. Try Aerobite or Aerosonic.

9. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

How about Kawasaki honor s6???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

... is the Adidas Wucht P2. Whenever I hold that racket, I think it was designed to be easy to use and to generate easy power.

Other options (away from the mainstream brands, but worth mentioning):
    Adidas Spieler A09.1
    Babolat Satelite 6.5 Essential