Badminton racket specific clamp for Prince 7000 machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Frank Xu, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Frank Xu

Frank Xu Regular Member

Hello fellow stringers,

I currently owning a Prince 7000 stringing machine. However I don't really like the badminton/tennis dual purpose clamps came with it. The clamp tooth spacing is not optimal for badminton stringing. I tried to search online where I can get high quality badminton only clamps (Like those Li-Ning badminton stringing machine clamps). But there ain't that many information about it. Do any experienced stringers have resource or pointers for me?

Here is a picture of my machine.

Thanks in advance!
    Frank

2. LoaS

LoaS Regular Member

You need to check the diameter and length of the clamp shaft (the part that goes into the clamp base) to find some compatible replacement clamps. Based on the the shape of the clamp alone it looks like they are standard diamond dusted AEF like clamps.

I have a pair of these ones and find them really good:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32815970613.html

These are a newer model and have good reviews in this forum:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32857196968.html

Finally this shop in th UK as a good selection of clamps and ships internationally:
    http://www.gefensports.co.uk/spares.html

Frank Xu likes this.
  3. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

It depends a little on which of the Li-Ning machines you mean... what I know is that they have machines from a couple of different manufacturers, hence the level of the clamps slightly differs. Li-Ning has some models from Gamma/Merco and their new black hi-end clamps can I speak well for. Grips the strings effortless, and they are very slimfit. Have not had any major problems with the tooth spacing apart from a single Babolat pattern which I anyway have always had problems with before with other clamps. I love them, but I would probably also check out the new 5-tooth clamps from Xpider.

Here is the Gamma/Merco clamps on the crosses.

Attached Files:

Frank Xu likes this.
  4. Frank Xu

Frank Xu Regular Member

Those are very good resources! I need to take a better look into them. For the ones that in the first link that you own, what is the diameter of the clamp shaft, do you know?

5. Frank Xu

Frank Xu Regular Member

Those clamps look legit! Do you know the diameter and the length of the clamp shaft for those clamps?

6. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Diameter is 12.0. I will give you more numbers soon when I get home.

Frank Xu likes this.
  7. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

The total length is 14,5cm and shaftlength is 8,3cm.

Attached Files:

8. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

i personally would recommend the stringmaster profi clamp. It is minimum as good as the gamma (199,- Euro) or Merco clamp (around 120 euro). I like this clamp more and you will not become a clamp with this price and that quality (89,- Euro):

https://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/B...ml?force_sid=b40223acdf015fadf42fbc8629107323

Also 12 mm diameter. Fit also for premium stringer machines, prince machine and so on.

s_mair and Super85 like this.
  9. Frank Xu

Frank Xu Regular Member

I appreciate those measurements! Is it a clamp specific for badminton racket string spacing or it is a tennis/badminton universal clamp? Can you post a photo of putting your measurement tape parallel with the clamp tooth spacing please?

10. Frank Xu

Frank Xu Regular Member

Since those clamps are dual purpose for badminton and tennis stringing, when using those clamps on the cross string on badminton rackets, would the teeth squeeze the main strings mis-aligned? It is hard to describe the problem. But most badminton/tennis dual purpose clamps have this issue.

11. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

The clamp is stated as a tennis/badminton clamp, my experiences is coming just from a badminton use.

https://www.gamma-europe.com/Gamma-Haltezange-Universal-Ultra-thin-black

Attached Files:

12. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Yes, you can say that this factor will be found on all 5-tooth clamps that will function as hybrids... especially considering all the different patterns that are on badminton rackets nowadays, with denser in the middle and sparse outward. That is the most difficult spaceing bit for a 5-tooth clamp. The problem diminishes slightly if you choose a 4-tooth clamp, but then you also simultaneously leave the hybrid function for the clamp.

I see it more like it is the "fault" of the pattern that affects the clamps against the mains when doing the crosses, than it should be the right distance between the teeth, because it will never fit every pattern.

I know I've had this tendency on Babolat rackets and also on my Adidas Wucht P8.
    Which do you have problems with, or do you feel that it is so on almost everyone?

13. LoaS

LoaS Regular Member

They have two versions 12.0mm and 12.2mm you need to specify which one you want in the comment box when you place your order.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

14. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

The clamps are produced from the factory for Badminton. After i saw and tested the clamps i realized that the clamps work also perfect for Tennis. So we use the clamp also for Tennis = we sell it as Tennis and Badminton clamp.
    s_mair uses the clamps for Tennis and Badminton and he also bad a Video where he introduces the clamps.

15. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    Frank, if to come to play at AZBC tournament on Saturday I have clamps you can buy

16. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    Tour clamps are the same ones that come on LiNing machines

17. Frank Xu

Frank Xu Regular Member

Oh hi Warren! I forgot to talk to you yesterday. I will definitely go check them out next time i go over there. For sure when the Arizona Championships. Thanks in advance!