[another] fault at net

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by psyclops, Jul 27, 2019.

1. whatsthecallUmp

whatsthecallUmp Regular Member

This does it. I have changed my sig.

2. whatsthecallUmp

whatsthecallUmp Regular Member

And these are now exposed due to slo-mo cameras on a single telly-court. Just imagining what'd happen when there are more cameras and more courts covered, gives me the shivers. That it did not affect the outcome, or no one died, well, that is just pure applesauce. I am hiding my keyboard for now. Bye.

visor likes this.
  3. visor

visor Regular Member

The thing is the net did not move one iota, so no one could've touched the net.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

4. psyclops

psyclops Regular Member

Here is what happened at the championship point during recently concluded event - http://bit.ly/35uB5KW

I also find this is not a proper communication of the perceived fault by player, actions speak louder than words notwithstanding, and it rather looks silly as most will see this as signalling a 'T' for time out or time.

Even the commentators had a laugh related to this phantom fault that was called.

That the umpire did not even wait to shake hands with players prior to announcing the match is rather strange too.

Even without watching the replay, the face tells it all.
    This is not the face that brought a thrilling match to its fair and proper conclusion, this one cannot wait to get out of here.

#24 psyclops, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  5. stradrider

stradrider Regular Member

Lol, and I thought umpire police was sleeping on the job ;).

phihag likes this.
  6. wahchai305

wahchai305 Regular Member

In another completed event just before HK's, MD, finals...
    At match point to Liu/Huang, the pair lost that rally thus making it 20-all.
    Both Liu/Huang made claim that there was a "double-hit/fault" by Li/Liu in that rally.
    BWF video of that match had it sanitised. If someone had seen that match live or has a copy of the video(raw)..., care to comment?

wc.

7. stradrider

stradrider Regular Member

It was Macau Open MD final.

To me it looks like they were complaining that net kill was over the net? Not sure why you thought it was double hit. Also commentator was wrong assuming he might have touched the net, which is highly unlikely as the net did not move at all. Commentators are not always right, aren't they ;)...

While it is possible that he might have actually hit the shuttle over the net, the replay is not at the right angle to judge and it looks like it was a very close call anyways. Don't think people watching it live would be able to say ether..

In this situation it is much better to not call a fault if not sure, rather than call it and get it wrong like the post above :eek:... Of course perfect decision is best - but we don't have enough evidence to say it wasn't :).

phihag likes this.