Anthony Sinisuka Ginting

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Sundis, Aug 9, 2015.

1. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

Need we remind Ginting that winning other tournament (other than China Open S1000) is also a good thing? :p:D

It was a great final match. I just hope that Ginting will be able to play that well more often. He's been with inconsistency for too long of time.

Anyway, congrats Ginting. Go win Korea Open again!

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Ginting mentioned about having a little problem with his back and leg. Pulled his muscle back in SF China Open and hasn't seemed to recover but getting worse instead.

https://m.badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/8445

Quoted from the article : " Awalnya agak jarem di kaki terus naik kerasa ke pinggang."
    Can anyone tell me what "jarem" means?

4. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

wait, I thought you know all languages :p:D

jarem is a Javanese word
    https://kbbi.kemdikbud.go.id/entri/jarem
    it's some pain that you feel on your muscles(?) after a heavy activity

yuquall likes this.
  5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Thanks!

Haha I can't compete with Google yet :p

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Can't get enough of hand shaking :D

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Text on photo : "Are these two.. mixed double?"

8. CzechKronner

CzechKronner Regular Member

How tall is Ginting? He looks about 165cm, but makes up for it with speed.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  9. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    Listed at 171cm

10. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

It shows strenght mentally to come back like Ginting did. Good on him.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Poor Ginting. Can't imagine how he must have felt when it happened.

But anyway, hope this could help make him stronger and more consistent in the future. He should consider making his play more effective, error-free rather than playing long long rubber sets all through the tournament. :cool:

====================
    https://m.badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/8713

Ginting : I was very disappointed, of course, angry and felt like the umpire's decision wasn't fair. This had happened in a critical point and I didn't think there was anything wrong with my shot. But it's what games are, I have to be able to accept it, there is the winner and the loser.

I have prepared myself well, I knew that Lee would be very confident to play in front of his public. There was a slight change in the second game due to the drift condition.

When I was trailing in the third game, I reminded myself that I had been in this situation in the previous match and I could win it. So I felt much spirited and I was able to catch up. But it ended this way. I was less lucky.

[​IMG]
    (Hong Kong Open 2019) Ditaklukkan Wakil Tuan Rumah, Anthony Jadi Runner Up

(Hong Kong, 17/11/2019)
    Anthony Sinisuka Ginting menjadi runner up di ajang Hong Kong Open 2019 setelah ditaklukkan wakil tuan rumah, Lee Cheuk Yiu, lewat laga rubber game dengan skor 21-16, 10-21, 20-22.

Di game pertama, Anthony bermain cukup baik, ia jauh memimpin perolehan skor. Meskipun Lee sempat mendekat, Anthony mengamankan game pertama dengan skor 21-16.

Pada game kedua dan ketiga, penampilan Anthony justru antiklimaks. Ia begitu banyak melakukan kesalahan sendiri dan beberapa kali mati langkah dalam mengembalikan pukulan-pukulan Lee yang saat itu tidak terlalu berbahaya. Anthony sempat memperkecil ketertinggalannya bahkan balik memimpin dengan skor 20-19, namun Lee memaksakan terjadinya setting.

Saat tertinggal 20-21, satu sambaran Anthony di depan net dinyatakan fault oleh wasit karena ujung raketnya dinilai melewati net. Champion point pun diraih Lee.

“Tentunya saya sangat kecewa, marah dan merasa keputusan wasit tidak fair. Ini terjadi di poin kritis dan saya merasa tidak ada yang salah. Tapi namanya permainan, saya harus bisa menerima, ada yang menang dan ada yang kalah,” kata Anthony setelah pertandingan.

“Saya sudah mempersiapkan diri dengan baik, saya tahu Lee akan bermain dengan percaya diri di depan publiknya sendiri. Waktu di game kedua itu memang ada perubahan cara main karena kondisi angin,” sebut Anthony.

“Di game ketiga saat ketinggalan, saya ingat di babak sebelumnya saya pernah begini dan bisa menang, lalu saya semangat lagi dan bisa menyusul. Tapi akhirnya seperti ini. Saya kurang beruntung,” beber Anthony kepada Badmintonindonesia.org.

Indonesia menempatkan dua wakil di babak final Hong Kong Open 2019. Selain Anthony, ganda putra Hendra Setiawan/Mohammad Ahsan juga menjadi runner up setelah dikalahkan Choi Solgyu/Seo Seung Jae (Korea), dengan skor 21-13, 13-21, 12-21.

Fidget, BeeKi, Giga01 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I hope to see him come back a lot better, stronger player and play true to his potential. He's a humble and a nice guy. Good luck Ginting.

Sumanth99 and Giga01 like this.
  13. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    He has been trailing for most of the 3rd game and then this has to happened, mad respect for Ginting for his sportsmanship.

Fidget and Baddie lover like this.
  14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

In the name of the game, he got cheated.

15. sen

sen Regular Member

Well, he lost to Hong Kong player in Hong Kong. At least it will give good news for the Hong Kong people. Also perhaps good for badminton in HongKong.

Anyway, I don't really expect any of INA MS to be able to deliver a medal in Olympics, if they can, it will be a bonus but given that there are 4 good MS players whereas other countries are struggling to have 3 good MS players, I hope next year INA will win Thomas Cup. That is my expectation for the men singles.

16. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    I agree with you mate, none of INA's MS player right now is consistent enough to guarantee an olympic medal. I hope that Ginting will be to do it, because i'm a fan of his play style. But seeing how he played against LCY yesterday (Controversy aside), it's hard to see that he'll able to go far in OG 2020.

17. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Who the 4 good INA MS players? I can only count the top JC and AG. 3 if TS is invited to join the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. minions

minions Regular Member

Shesar perhaps. His progression is steady. He even beat JC this year (forgot which tournament).

19. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    I would say that Ginting, Jojo and Shesar are all good players, but the consistency and mental strength are not there yet. I would still put my money on Denmark's and China's MS over INA's. Anyway, anything can happen at team event and I hope that INA's team finally can win Thomas Cup again after a long time waiting.

20. tepokbulu

tepokbulu Regular Member

ginting get robbed

[​IMG]