Informational Video about Stringing & it's techniques.

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by aqua26, Oct 1, 2019.

1. aqua26

aqua26 Regular Member

Sports Shop Owner
    My machine has pre stretch function and options there are 0% 5% & 10%.
    When I pre stretch the app stringster shows exactly correct tension.
    Just wanted to check without pre stretch.

I wanted to use the app so I can show to my customers that their string tension.
    Some time customers say that the Stringing is loose or sometimes they are happy with the Stringing.

My machine has constant pull on always there is no option to turn it off.

When I checked my machines pulling I set tension to 50lbs & on scale it was showing 50.23 lbs so I was confident that pulling error of margin is in my favour.

Thanks a lot for your pointers.
    I will make sure to always remember them.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    10% prestretch is required to have final tension close to what you dialed in. otherwise, you will lose a couple of lbs due to post-tension stretching.

3. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    The movement of your clamp bases is ginormous. You should adjust them so they don't move when pulling tension or after releasing tension.

No need to pull your knots with your tensioner. By hand will be plenty enough.

Which brings me to a point you should add to your list: The importance of machine maintenance and calibration.

s_mair and aqua26 like this.
  4. aqua26

aqua26 Regular Member

Sports Shop Owner
    Yes true.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

5. aqua26

aqua26 Regular Member

Sports Shop Owner
    Hi Vivek,
    I have noted your suggestions. & with your suggestions I have made a new video.
    Please Have a look at it.
    Point 1 Do a Two Piece stringjob (I Did not see any advantage in it.) But some times I have to do it for example for hybrid strings. Plus there is lots of string wastage if you string 2 piece job.

In this video I have 10% Prestretch & Most of the times Waited at least 4-5 secs.

Again I can't thank you enough for you suggestions.

6. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

Your clamp bases are not adjusted at all.
    Your first pull at around 1:06 shows you clamping one string whilst pulling the other. What should be happening is that your clamped string shouldn't move at all. The base should stay in place (It is after all a 'base') which would result in the other string getting full tension. Your base moves as you pull which results in a partial pull and therefore partial tension on the string.
    You shouldn't have to ever hold your bases as u do in the video.
    I do not exactly know how your bases are constructed, however I would imagine there would be a tension screw somewhere underneath the open-lock top.

Also if you string at 36/39 lbs I would definitely recommend not single-pulling the last outer main. Instead I would be double-pulling the last two mains, clamping the outer and then direct/re-pull the last main before tie-off.

thyrif and aqua26 like this.
  7. LoaS

LoaS Regular Member

The only advantage of a two piece job is that you don't have to deal with lots of loose string flying around while you do your mains. The disadvantage is that you have more knots with potential tension loss. I would recommend sticking with what you prefer unless you're trying to keep the warranty on a racket or have to do an hybrid.

However you should invest in a starting clamp or some flying clamps to do a one piece. I'm not convinced that clamping the short side with one clamp in the middle of the string produces a consistent job.

aqua26 likes this.
  8. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Hello, I agree there will be wastage but next experiment by taking the strings of length approx 3 times your arm to arm that result in approx around 5.4 m of string which is required for mains. Also you clamps really move a lot which would in the end nullify that tension that you are pulling the string at.

Have a look at this video you will get a good idea about a two piece stringjob.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

aqua26 likes this.
  9. aqua26

aqua26 Regular Member

Sports Shop Owner
    Yes I have ordered flying clamps But it will take some time to reach me.
    Mean While I have figured out a workaround.

LoaS likes this.
  10. aqua26

aqua26 Regular Member

Sports Shop Owner
    Yes I will do my next string job with 2 peaces strings. Sorry I couldn't do so right now.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  11. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

Hi, I always have been concerned with the risk of uneven tension of the last side mains when doing a one piece job. IMO the other advantage of doing a two pieces stringing job is that those last side mains will have a more even tension, if you do the same two knots and apply the same tension. You can easily check the accuracy of the tension applied after having finished the mains and before doing the crosses by pinching those two last mains and listening carefully to the sounds made by the string and compare them. You cannot do that when doing one piece job and IMO it is quite impossible to achieve the same tension on the last two mains because on one side you have a knot and on the other side you don't.

12. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    No problem, There are two videos in that post so please look at both of them

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

13. LoaS

LoaS Regular Member

I agree with that if you're using a straight-up around the world pattern where one of the tie off is on the mains on the short side and the other one is at the end of the crosses on the long side. However if you do like @aqua26 or an haribito pattern (@s_mair variant is my favourite) both knots are on the cross strings so your outer mains should have the same tension.

aqua26 likes this.
  14. aqua26

aqua26 Regular Member

Sports Shop Owner
    Yes even I think you are right.
    I just want to test there is any difference in tension.
    I will check the sound of the both tensions & will record it.
    Then We can compare it.

15. aqua26

aqua26 Regular Member

Sports Shop Owner
    New 50-50 Pattern Stringing with 2 pc stringing 10% Pre-Stretch

Apacs Assailant Pro Badminton Racket Yonex BG 9 Strings @ 24/26lbs 50 50 Stringing Pattern

16. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

It looks like you use the string puller to pull the string the wrong way to open the shared hole.

aqua26 likes this.
  17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I would have expected that a true 50-50 pattern meant that you do the crosses symmetrically from the middle outwards - same as the mains basically.

Regarding the video, I would prefer a more close-up perspective of the racket since with the current perspective, it's hard to see any details. And maybe think about not doing the whole video in 4x speed. If anyone wants to speed up the playback, then it's only three clicks away.

aqua26 likes this.
  18. aqua26

aqua26 Regular Member

Sports Shop Owner
    Yes I was Stuck. :):);)

19. aqua26

aqua26 Regular Member

Sports Shop Owner
    Yes I should have done Symmetrically But then I didn't had flying clamps.
    Yes You are right That the video should not be 4x I will re-shoot & upload the same pattern.

Thanks a lot for your updates & suggestions.

20. BadminFinn

BadminFinn New Member

Man!! In that last video in 2,15' your clamp base is still moving like an inch and a half and you react by holding it with your hand! there is no tension left after that in the most important string on the racket. You shouldn't string no more rackets until you figure out how to adjust the clamp BASE. I see how you adjust the clamp but that got nothing to do with the movement of that clamp base. But the machine looks nice.

thyrif likes this.