Chan Peng Soon & Goh Liu Ying

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pajrul, Dec 5, 2010.

1. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

Thanks for the likes. Just do my best. Sorry if i missed out info or translate poorly. I don’t have training on translation. Lol

trizzforce and decoy like this.
  2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Summaries are good!

3. llrr

llrr Regular Member

It was really good. Good work.

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I think everyone would have asked him the same question :D:D

5. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

Observations:
    - CPS was the star of the interview, very relaxed and answered tricky questions with ease.
    - GLY’s mandarin is excellent

6. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

@lodoss. Superb translation!!!!. Very informative. Tq for taking the time

7. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

and...GLY is available

8. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

ya, wait for GLY to retire and you can start wooing her :D

9. visor

visor Regular Member

Very genuine and authentic interview questions and answers. Gives us viewers a rare and in depth understanding of doubles partnerships, especially XD.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Hbmao likes this.
  10. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Watched last night game... apart from unsolved serve issue, CPS smash getting less effective, I believed age is catching up..

11. VICEE5

VICEE5 Regular Member

Fully agreed, CPS had conducted too many mistake, they should win that day.. anyway he should improve in his serve and postioning else they will go nowhere ...

12. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

CPS suffering from food poisoning this week, hence he was satisfied with reaching the quarter-final.

13. mafan

mafan Regular Member

CCO of BAM (Chief Critic Officer) :)
    Thanks so much, lodoss for the translation of the CPS/GLY interview. Very interesting with apparently quite frank and sincere responses by both of them. I hope they find a way to get the help they need to be able to compete at their highest level in Tokyo despite the selfishness of BAM.

I wish BAM would see that helping such professionals would benefit BAM players too. All the players, BAM or not, are striving to do the best for the country and bring glory to Malaysian badminton. Since the retirement of LCW, the country needs that even more.

The depth of XD in recent months is getting interesting in that other pairs such as the Indonesians are proving to be formidable opponents to the Chinese. The Indonesians just beat the Chinese No. 1 seeds in the final of the ongoing French open. The Chinese do not appear to be guaranteed the gold in Tokyo anymore.

I used to think that the two Chinese pairs were in an exclusive league of their own with perhaps three or four other pairs in a fight for the bronze in Tokyo. I considered CPS/GLY among this secondary group. However, the last month or so has made me think that they have dropped out of the secondary group. That group appears to have pulled ahead of CPS/GLY to be strong challengers to the Chinese.

I feel that CPS/GLY can, if they receive the help they need, rise again to join the secondary group and become real challengers to the Chinese for top honors at Tokyo.

BAM is blind and not too smart if it ignores the potential glory this pair can reap for Malaysia next summer.

14. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

6个星期中,参与了5场赛事。
    还有不到两个星期的时间就到总决赛,现阶段你问我准备好了吗,我的答案是还没有。
    时间太匆促,身体还没得到适当的调整又要开始准备赛事。
    6 weeks, 5 tournaments.
    less than 2 weeks to the WTF, am i ready? nope.
    time running short, my body is not conditioned, yet i have to prepare for it.

那你会问我,干么参加那么多赛事,嗯,好问题。最近因为韩国大师赛我们没有积分而惹起一些争议。本来本来,我们没积分的事我们也认了(至少已经确定总决赛的席位),后来发觉林丹的情况和我们相识,就算韩国大师赛夺冠,也无法进入广州总决赛。如果,真让他夺冠了......
    then why did i play in so many tournaments? hmm...good question. recently there are lots of talking over us getting zero ranking points from the Gwangju Masters. well, we accepted it (at least we have qualified for WTF). then we found out LD is facing the same situation. even if he won the title, he still can't play in the WTF. what if he really win it...

那这里来解释一下为何会有这样的情况发生,在世界羽联不知道第几条第几个规则,说明了,前十的双打球员和前十五的单打球员,一年之内不可以参加多过于4个300赛事。如果想要参加4-6个300,并且拿到积分的话,就必须在一年之内参加所有的1000,750,500赛事,那你可以拥有6站300的积分。而,那么巧的,我们和林丹都缺席了印度的500赛事,也那么巧的我们都参加了6站300赛,所以第六站,作废!
    here's the explanation. somewhere there is a rule in BWF that said top 10 doubles and top 15 singles cannot play in more than 4 grade 300 tour in a year. if he want, and to collect the ranking points, then he has to play in all the grade 1000/750/500 tours in that year, then you can have the points from the 6 grade 300 tours. coincidentally, we and LD missed the Indian Open 500 tour, and played in 6 grade 300. so points from the 6th grade 300 is forfeited.

其实也没有说想推卸责任,毕竟世界羽联订下的规则我们也没有全都了解,所以下次我知道了,致那些想进入国家队的羽毛球爱好者,请先把所有规则看一遍,再学羽毛球,哈哈(也随时注意规则也会改变,请时时保持警惕)
    not trying to push the blame, since we don't understand all the rules and regulations set by BWF, but now we know. to those looking to join the national team, please read through all, then learn to play badminton. Haha :) (plus do keep a look-out for any changes in the rules).

好了,回归原题。有人问我,什么时候知道韩国大师赛没有积分。我说,其实我是香港公开赛时才知道。那如果,你知道没有积分了,你还回去吗?我们当时的答案是还会过去的。丹麦赛连着法国赛,两周我们必须得打(没打会被罚钱,只针对前十的选手),回来休息一周(周日到,下个周日又飞了),又要开始中国公开赛(750)连着香港赛(500),都是必须参加的赛事。欧洲两站两周回来调时差,用了三天才把时差调好,还是有点病了,继续练三天又比赛了。打了四站,累吗?累呀!比赛高强度的时候,没有适当的放松,会导致肌肉越来越紧绷,一不小心会受伤。所以我们也只能靠自己,不过自己能做的还是有限。那为什么还去韩国呢?照理上我们分数是已经足够去广州总决赛的。
    so i was asked when did i know that we wouldn't get points from Gwangju, we found out during the HK Open. so will we still play in Korea? our answer is yes. Danish and French Open in consecutive weeks, we have to play (top 10 players will be fined if drop out), after a week break, China and HK Open, tours which we have to play too. after the europe stops, we took 3 days to recover from jet lag, still i felt unwell. 3 days of training and then have to play in tour. 4 stops, tired? of course i am. with this sort of high intensity competition, if there is inadequate rest, your muscles will get tight and you could get injured in any moment. no matter what we have to depend on ourselves, but there still a limit to it. so why do we still play in Korea when our points are enough for WTF?
    嗯~~
    主要原因是我们留下来也无法训练,如果我们韩国赛分开行动,教练也无法分身,家里也没人训练。当时就决定以赛代练地去韩国。回来之后觉得,身体像散了一般,alignment已经跑了。这样的出赛体会,真的,要命!
    the reason is we can't train if we stay at home. our coach is at Korea (with Goh/Tan), so there is no one to train us. hence we decided to use the matches there as training. after back, my body is like coming aparts, the alignment gone. this experience is really killing me.

剩下不到两周的时间,好好把身体状态调好,再训练,加油。 今年最后一段赛事。
    less than 2 weeks. rest my body well, then go for training. come on! last tour of the year.

*** my translation, so pardon me for any mistakes there. ;)

khoai, yuquall, samkool and 3 others like this.
  15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    @lodoss

Great and many thanks!!

16. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

thank you @lodoss . A great insight to the "a day in the life of a world top ten" badminton player.. wow.. it really takes a lot to be world class

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I hate BWF more and more. Consider me as no.2 BWF hater after @samkool

18. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

lol. perhaps one or more of the sensible forumers here should have a seat on the BWF board.

19. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Hot news in malaysian badminton fraternity now.

Who got the lucky guy picture which gly alledged had an affair with? Juicy.

If the picture is real, she will be in trouble. Lol. Hopefully fake pictures.

Btw. Any update on the lcw sex video scandal? Is it him? ;)