Victor 2020 New Products

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Aug 20, 2019.

1. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    I quite like seeing what they team up with every year. Best so har has been spiderman and creative also with the stencil as the eyes.

2. DinB

DinB Regular Member

I think they should reconsider all of their marketing videos. Not only the themes but also the graphics, they look horrible like from the 1990s.

LenaicM likes this.
  3. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

You like, but did you buy it? Hahahaha It's a fail marketing if everybody like your idea, but no one will purchase it when the real thing is out, so...

And one more thing those Star Wars, Spider Man, Thanos or whatever versions are tend to be pricier than normal version, I myself for one will never buy any of it unless those special version can play like their good rackets back in those days like BS12, MX JJS and MX80...

LenaicM likes this.
  4. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    I mean I would have probably bought it if it was available in my country. Well I mean they don't have to worry about them not selling as they are so limited only usually producing 1500 pieces batch and for all badminton fans there are def some who have the cash to indulge their hobbies enough to grab them. Marketing doesn't mean you have to purchase that item it could also just mean keeping Victor brand out there in terms of people talking about it, i mean heck here we are talking about it. Or maybe they do it because they can? It's unique i mean why bother painting the racket in the first place then all companies just leave it black from the carbon fibre?

LenaicM likes this.
  5. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

On the long term "being talked about" the way we do it right now isn't necessarily positive in terms of marketing nor is it profitable for a small company (on a global scale Victor is still relatively small). It can be interesting for certain personalities, to launch a brand or to regain attention. It's a one shot way to get talked about but let's be honest, we aren't looking to buy some racing or war rackets (see their latest ads). It is a marketing fail.

I'll pass on the Star Wars or Marvel thing and I agree with you because it is unique and like you perfectly said it, quantities are limited and it is a product that can interest a specific target or niche (fans of the franchise playing badminton). Why not.

I still don't understand why they can't just take care of the whole marketing chain properly. The so called 4P. I am failing to see how they take care of their distribution channels. In Europe good luck finding the TTY Queen collection for example or even half of their catalogue. At best it's a couple of jersey from the previous collection, one model of short in 3 colours and you never find the rackets advertised in the actual shops before at least 6 months. Then you see a new ads and you don't want that 6 months "old" racket knowing a new one is out there.

Yonex advertise for a racket like the NF 800 by giving a launch date! I mean you want to make your rackets race, at least lead those rackets in a shop at some point.

PS: Talking for Europe, I am aware it might be different in Asia... Victor being Taiwanese and its focus on the Asian market only. I know they do some pop up stores during events in Taiwan and that's awesome. But why not doing it somewhere else too... unless they don't really plan to break through in other parts of the world.

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Victor is on it's way to their own funeral. 2020 and no 30lbs warranty racket? But cringe repaints and comic collabs. I will stick to their shoes, the P9500 looks great and promising. With the crown collection they thought they were adidas and can sell hip apparel. With no national team and just the headband ginger and the abs girl as only pros who use their stuff they will fail.

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

They made him ditch the dorky headband though...

8. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Shoes are the only thing I wanna buy from them these days.

Their string were crap, not sure if the VBS Series is any better. Their rackets were GREAT during the Bravesword 12 and Early JetSpeed Era, but now it seems their quality went down alot in recent years.

9. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Huh? Bravesword 12 and durable? I don't have any experience with them but according to a few BC members IIRC the BS12 frame was kinda soft? I also have seen sinking on the 8PS which was one of the first Jetspeeds. I have the impression that their quality for rackets couldn't be worst at that time

yenyesoh likes this.
  10. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Sorry to say but early of JS sinking series was the starting of downfall of V... However they were once had their very best masterpiece of rackets which I wouldn't deny, then everything seems like gone to the "wrong path" afterwards...

11. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    I guess i was lucky enough to have a good batch of BS12s cuz they never broke on me. I strung a bunch of the 8ST and the JS10 when they were first released and the sinking grommets werent there. Not until the year Jetspeed S12 came out :(

12. DinB

DinB Regular Member

Don't know about their old string series but currently using VBS-69 Nano and it feels great. However, although Victor says the string has "soft feeling" I actually think it has a rather "hard feeling" compared to Yonex. Will be trying out the VBS-66 nano after my BG66 Ultimax break and see how it feels.

13. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    The vs850 and vs890 always break at random times :(

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

14. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Never happened to me. Not the most durable strings maybe, but no random breakage. I played the 850 for a long time and tried both again every once in a while.

ucantseeme likes this.
  15. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    The new VBS series is not bad
    I tried VBS63 and the feeling is like LN1.
    Got to string a set of VBS68 for a friend and the coating is like NBG99 with grainy feeling.he liked it.

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    The new VBS series strings are far better than the old VS series of strings. Victor clearly did their R&D properly this time round. So far all the offerings are actually relatively good strings.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

|v@n and yenyesoh like this.
  17. yenyesoh

yenyesoh Regular Member

I was under the impression that Victor are now working alongside Ashaway to produce their strings and hence the improvement in the VBS range?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

18. Tino

Tino Regular Member

First of all, what's so special about the tty special edition of tkf claw?

Secondly, when will they release the dragon ball themed racket in Canada

Finally, will the 98k compete with ax88 since it's the same stiffness?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The color. That's it.

20. yenyesoh

yenyesoh Regular Member

Victor mentioned that the racket has a newly designed handle 'butt-cap' which is supposed to be very lightweight etc
    Strange that it goes in the totally opposite design choice taken by yonex with their rotation system.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

#60 yenyesoh, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019