Yonex Nanoflare 800 (End Aug 2019 release)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by esppy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    If the 88D works for you then stick to it. For me I will say that I haven't had a racket gel this well since the BS12 and MX80. But I consider this an outlier experience tbh.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

visor likes this.
  2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I can smash nonstop with both. But subjectively speaking it's just so much more satisfying and effortless with the NF800. Objectively speaking the 88D does feel more draining. But I do wonder if it is due to the lack of chemistry with the racket. Like I said earlier, the 88D is a racket I can work with but it doesn't work with me.

frostcone and solid77 like this.
  3. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

By the number of rackets you've owned, the one that might become your main racket must be damn good, AFAIK you have a collection of good rackets, are you? :rolleyes:

#343 Lemollin, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  4. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    He has at least 6pcs of BS12 :D

5. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

And how many pieces of MX80? :eek:

6. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    13 pcs arcsaber 10 red colour.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

hm_andhika likes this.
  7. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    That's such overkill LOL. But I can understand why.
    Well I have 2 in collection. I have 3 or 4 actively strung..
    I guess so? But then again it's good for me. Doesn't meant it's good for all I rarely sell stuff anyway. But I might sell some at this rate. I'm out of space..

8. LinHalu

LinHalu Regular Member

its not user friendly in general. even for singles, its good to use, but to a certain extent.

9. Michaelgtj

Michaelgtj Regular Member

My opinion
    For beginner ax88D 4U is better.
    More easy to use because bigger head and more soft feel

But if you have a technic, accuracy and power, nf800 3U better offence and defence racket.

I like to play double and attacking style use ax88D4U before, But i can't use nf800 3U racket with stiffness like this, because my fav string tension digital 28-29 lbs and have shoulder injury before, so nf800 4U is good enough, .. But still nf800 3U is better attacking racket

#349 Michaelgtj, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    visor likes this.
  10. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

3u Nanoflare 800 short review

Background racket experience and play style: 80% men's doubles, 10% singles, 10% mixed. I have played with head heavy and stiff rackets for the longest time. I love to smash everything, it feels good. I often smash hard enough to crack the paint on the cone from the shaft bending. I wanted to downgrade the head heaviness and upgrade my ability to defend and play drives for men's doubles. I've used AT700, AT900P, AX99, TK9000, VT80, ZF2, n9ii, DZS, Falcon, n7ii, TK6000, etc. I play at 28lbs tension.

Head weight: compared to my past, this is definitely lighter than anything I've used. It is slightly lighter than DZS which was the lightest one I've used so far aside from this.
    Stiffness: Definitely less stiff than "extra stiff" rating of other Yonex Rackets (from playing and from just bending). On par with other Yonex stiff rackets. Their stiffness rating is quite consistent imo.
    Defense: Increased dramatically. Noticeably higher success rate at defending smashes at higher speeds and awkward angles than ever before. Highly impressed.
    Drive: Quick and easy to react to opponents drives and counter drives. Could use a little more stiffness for more repulsion.
    Smash: Cannot 1 shot KO like with a ZF2, but smashes are still very strong and forces opponents to do extremely poor defense such as blocks that are 2-3 feet high from net tape or mid court lifts. Because the racket is so light, I can crank out a smash at any time and any position. Continuous smashes are also a lot easier with this racket. Wind up time to smash is very low. Jump smash is a lot easier. You just go. and keep going.
    Drop: Takes a little bit of getting used to because the racket head doesn't automatically push the shuttle forward anymore, you actually have to control the right amount of energy for the shot. Overall very tight drops and easy to control.
    Netshot: Much easier to do tight or fancy shots due to the ease in change racket head direction.
    Repulsion: Shuttles flies off the racket pretty much instantly. No hold properties.
    Control/Accuracy: I'm used to playing extra stiff shaft so some shots takes time to adjust to with just a stiff shaft.
    Aero: Very slim frame and shaft. Grommets are recessed into the frame like ZF2. Swift through the air compared to most other rackets, although not as swift as Turbocharging rackets or Braveswords.
    Vibration: Very solid racket. It doesn't vibrate like BS12 and hits like a box frame. The only other aero frame that hit solid that I'm aware of is the Turbocharge series from Li Ning.
    Quality impression: Nice paint job, solid feel racket. Good performance overall.

Overall: Very impressed with the racket. Lost a tiny bit of 1 shot kill power but gained a lot of defense and control. Personally I prefer it to be just a slight head heavier still and stiffer. I'm really looking forward to the Nanoflare 900 which should fit my criteria better but this is a great racket for someone who doesn't play with "extra stiff" rated rackets.

Buy or not: Buy if you are a doubles player with very strong smash but want to improve defense and drives. Do not buy if your smash is weak other wise this head light racket will not give you the power to put pressure on opponents.

Singles players should try Astrox 99 because it is very powerful and have great hold ability to buy more time.

Feel free to ask me any questions about the racket and I'll try my best to answer as accurately as possible based on my experience (head heavy and stiff rackets).

#350 Vincent604, Sep 28, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  11. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

any comparison against NR900?

12. Arief

Arief Regular Member

Looking at the Yonex Racket Chart, NF800 sits quite close to NR900.

my main racket is 3U NR900. I have a 4U NF800. It's been sitting in my bag for almost 3 weeks now :( I haven't had the chance to try it because I'm currently out of town. Hopefully I can give it a try next week.

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Mine is in terrible need of a restring so I can't help there lol

14. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I tried both 800 and NR900 and they're very similar. The chart is pretty accurate, although NF800 is probably a tad stiffer and head heavier, and of course has the compact head.

15. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Nanoflare using sonic flare, hmg m40x, Nanoray is upef nanometric. Feel wise is completely different. Definitely nanoflare has the latest technology.

16. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Please, I let the feeling in my hand do the talking. When did anything on paper ever meant anything?

Arief and Vincent604 like this.
  17. D4r3w

D4r3w Regular Member

My guess is this is yonex nanoray z speed successor? Any difference between the two rackets ?

18. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    For my personal view. I feel it is nanoray Zspeed successor.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

19. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

Dry swinging between the two, Z-speed is slightly head heavier. Not sure about stiffness.

20. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Just bought it! It is with my stringer now, going to be strung with Aerobite Boost 27 lbs-25lbs. Excited! :D:D

hm_andhika likes this.