VICTOR CHINA Open 2019 : R/32 - FINAL (17-22 September)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Gacon1234star

Gacon1234star Regular Member

If Indo has 3 or 4 pair in top 8 that means there are only 4 or 5 free slot for other country to have 2 representatives inside top 8 to appear in Tokyo next year

2. tepokbulu

tepokbulu Regular Member

maybe jaran think it is just china open
    no need to all out like asian games
    they think sandra is in final too
    even sandra play exhibition match and still beat endowata and liliu
    lol

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

You never cared about MD unless it's concerning CHN, so no point explaining it to you

Anyway If you really watch the match and I mean really , really watch it. Because I know you don't acknowledge difference in playing condition, different hall and drift bla bla bla.
    It's simple, Fajar/Rian COULDN'T GO ALL OUT because Minions WOULDN'T LET THEM.
    In fast hall, INA MD usually have the upper hand with their playing style. Look at Endo/Wata and Li/Liu, are you going to complain about how they didn't give their all out? Or you would just admit that they couldn't go all out because they weren't let to do by the opponents. There is no team order in INA, everyone wants to win.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Are you sure you know what you're saying?

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You're just evading my questions or skirting the issue

6. konak

konak Regular Member

You have already admitted that you did not watch the match, how could you say what happened was an exhibition match. :mad:
    Fajar / Rian certainly wants to be chosen to participate in the Olympics. If not why they struggled to enter the WBC semifinals and China Open.

The main problem in matches which the results have been arranged is that the arrangement is done by the player's sports federation, and not the wishes and interests of the player on court.
    For example, Shi Yuqi who didn't play his best when playing against player from China. it is obviously not on the orders of the China badminton federation, but Shi YuQi's desire to maintain his physical condition towards the Olympics.

I don't think BWF needs to take care of things like this. Every athlete must think about his own welfare as an individual. What needs to be considered is if the player does not make the best effort to win the match for the benefit of other parties, be it other athletes or certain institutions.

isn't it obvious..
    only countries that have two or more MD pair in the top 8 that can send two MD to Olympic.

so, for example if INA has 7 MD in top 8, then INA is the only country that has the right to send two representatives. This will clearly limit the chances of other countries to win medals.
    So the target of federation of strong badminton countries right now is not just sending two representatives, but minimizing the possibility of other countries to send two representatives

#1046 konak, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    SpursIndonesia and Gacon1234star like this.
  7. tepokbulu

tepokbulu Regular Member

no wonder jaran lose
    the number 1 pair is marvin, not jaran
    you think jaran let marvin win?
    no
    jaran just cannot beat marvin
    no pair play to lose here

badito and SpursIndonesia like this.
  8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

you look bitter. did you watch the match?

If people are calling HeTan LiLiu scandal, at least its obvious. Even LiLiu vs LiuZhang is obvious. I watch HeTan vs LiLiu last year, surely the coach told them something. Well, even Jia Yifan medical tactics are pre planned like its Plan B ( watch out for this tomorrow)

and yeah you have the right to be not happy when people put Marin gifs. Funny.

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

"You never cared about MD unless it's concerning CHN, so no point explaining it to you" - is that even an argument?

Different playing conditions, so ? Can just give up, throw matches, play exhibition match, no need 'to put in best efforts" because BWF makes exceptions for such cases (which rule says so?)? What if Tokyo 2020's arena is also not to your liking or in your favour - what fast/slow hall, drifty or not, slow/fast shuttles used, too noisy/quiet, etc? Want to go or not?

"It's simple, Fajar/Rian COULDN'T GO ALL OUT because Minions WOULDN'T LET THEM." - Huh??? What about other INA pairs or other nationality pairs? You sure Fajar/Rian is simply no match for the minions? If that's the case, how do you know Li/Liu's fellow CHN MD pair(s) are also not facing the same problem because Li/Liu WOUNLDN'T LET THEM ?

"There is no team order in INA, everyone wants to win" - Are you sure they never throw matches to each other?

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hello, don't argue with me for argument's sake. So, that INA vs INA MD match not obvious to you?

Anyway, you, like the rest who responded to my post, have missed my real point.

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Whats your real point? That WangHuang did not give free victories to ZhengHuang? For WR1 and WR2 for a while now and for someone of the same age , their H2H record looks much more foulish than this MD matchup. Even tomorrow will be testament to that.

and yet you concentrate your effort on this MD. silly.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Irrelevant. A red herring. Please don't waste my time (and yours).

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Super relevant. They are doing team orders all the while. If not why H2H so far away. why? not happy?

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Your arguments just shown that you are clueless about MD and how playing conditions affect the match and the game plan that needed to be employ. Why do you think Chinese or powerful players do much better in slow halls? Or why fast pace pairs play much better in fast halls? If you can't even tell the difference and know the reason, all you ever ANSWERED is that ALL CONDITIONS are accepted within BWF regulations and all these were just subjective. So no point explaining to you. It's up to you, you want to defend your players, you do so.

You were talking about the SF match that just took place. Nothing has to do with other pairs or nationality pairs. Am I sure Fajar/Rian is simply no match for the minions? YES. Why? All you need to do is watch the match and you will find all the answer there.

Yes, at least for top 3 MDs. I have no interest in others. You probably know better than me since you are so knowledgeable.

Pampimpum and SpursIndonesia like this.
  15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What an inane conclusion - "If not why H2H so far away (?)"

Learn from @LjS4, the only one who responded to my original post and got my point right - "[​IMG][​IMG]It's not CHN vs CHN so no one is complaining :rolleyes:". Hats off to him.

As for the rest (excluding the innocents), I have only this to say to them: "Man up, you and your ilk are just a bunch of shameless hypocrites and double standards."

Enough said.

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Managed to watch the last 1/2 game of TTY vs. CYF. I don't know how CYF got to that point, but she was in a mess near the end. Shot quality and shot selection gone, maybe she managed to force a deuce coz TTY just didn't know how to return those loose shots. anyway, she need more stamina, can't just lose bcoz she ran out of juice.

17. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

@kwun

I guess directly insulting others users is perfectly fine, right?

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oh, I see, I've suddenly invoked your righteous indignation (it seems you've got your chance to get at me).

Well, I call a spade a spade.

Perhaps, what do you suggest, Mr Cunnilinguist? That I should tone down my words, and, maybe, delete the word 'shameless' and simply call them hypocrites and double standards? Would that appease you and them?

By the way, where do you stand on the matter, with them or with me? Never mind, doesn't matter. Anyway, um, thanks for your concern.

19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well i'm not the one that starting invoking others ire.

i thought you are so smart to never watch the match and draw your own conclusion. anyone can draw their own conclusions.. at least some conclusions make more sense than others.

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

So only you who can do all the name calling and personal attacking but no one else is allowed to do it (to you)? Just a critic and arguing for your way of arguing your points and you go playing the victims and accuse everyone is personal attacking you.

Why no body commenting on the INA vs INA MD, because there was nothing to comment. Have you really watched the match and saw how fast paced both pairs playing that there weren't even any time for any replays between rallies? And have you ever watch all other minions or Fajar/Rian's matches with other nationality pairs too? Remember JO final last year or IO Semi final this year? How fast and how one sided did minions beat Li/Liu in those matches?