TOTAL BWF World Championships 2019 : SEMIFINAL & FINAL (24-25 August)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Except for that one who made the horrendous scoring error in the ladies doubles.

Anks, Baddyforall and yuquall like this.
  2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Yep. That was a blunder from their side. They did not want to correct the mistake. And moreover, Service judge also did not see it ?.
    What about opponents?, definitely, they should have known. But they also did not correct. It is not right to blame them when the actual officials are doing such blunders

3. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

I just can't help having this feeling that she quit because she and the national association were a bad match. She was too much of a rebel. But that is of course just speculation on my part. Glad to hear that she has become a coach. Even more so when hearing that it is abroad.

She played with Yu Yang (whom I am sure you know of ;) ) in Rio2016, lost narrowly in semis, then lost bronze match.

Anks likes this.
  4. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

a very lame wc compare to other. Too many one side match, same country match. Too many strong players not attend. We have 2 threads with total 144 pages. Thread quater to final 2018 had 158 pages. Last point of tourney in page 147. We have already had 16 pages after last point this wc

because fox retire? :))

5. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    oh Yes having done "Majors degree" in MAJORS how can I not know the legendary Yu Yang who played both in XD and WD and she won OG Medals both in XD and WD I think silver or bronze in XD but WD was surely gold and that even same year 2008 beijing olympics.

She also has a record number of WC Medals In My Dictionary YU YANG = GOAT :) but dont rmember her in rio though :(

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Maybe simply because the players whom many would have commented or discussed the most had gone down in earlier rounds too. :p

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

The infamous mental breakdown probably traumatized the younger player

8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
  9. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Does Anyone have any idea about the changes in upcoming world rankings after WC ?

Including Road to Guangzhou ?

10. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    There's no such thing as lucky in the world of sports just so you know. It wasn't a lucky Olympic bronze for her, she worked her way to reach the bronze medal play off. Too bad Wang Xin got injured and had to retire mid way but to label her bronze medal as lucky is childish. Just to put things in perspective Saina in Beijing was leading Yulianti of Indonesia 11-3 or something like that in the third game of their quarter final match but still ended up losing it. Was Yulianti lucky back then? I don't think so. Similarly, a match which never came to a conclusion because the other player had to retire mid way through it because of a career threatening injury shouldn't be the reason to label someone else's medal as lucky. And don't forget she's the one who brought about this revolution in badminton in India just like Sania did in tennis.
    How I wish Wang Xin was lucky enough to overcome that injury and play again. She was a wonderful player.

#1210 arjevo, Sep 1, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  11. Anks

Anks Regular Member

For me its Pulela Gopichand who brought the revolution in Indian badminton..I have watched his AE against CH and PG and have to say he was a deceptive player back in his time lolz....So I give whole credit to AE champion Gopichand for being so true to his passion for badminton and investing all his life into it and igniting the same passion in the youngsters

I think He sbould be awarded for his contribution to badminton in India by BWF.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Posts are getting off topic in this thread.

Further off topic posts may result in the thread getting closed.

Mod.

samkool and wade like this.